What are your Halloween plans?

Bodhisattva

Hall of Fame
Aug 22, 2001
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
We aren't doing much on the 31st (school night before an exam). But, on Friday, we are going down to the amphitheater in St. Augustine to see Sammy Hagar in concert. On Saturday we are going down to Orlando for Halloween Horror Nights at Universal Studios. My wife is easy to scare, so Lily and I are looking forward to watching the train wreck.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Set back 300'+, in woods, we only get handful who know us already. Also, Monte Sano is a predominantly older community. There's only a handful of kids of that age in a half mile radius...

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
We aren't doing much on the 31st (school night before an exam). But, on Friday, we are going down to the amphitheater in St. Augustine to see Sammy Hagar in concert. On Saturday we are going down to Orlando for Halloween Horror Nights at Universal Studios. My wife is easy to scare, so Lily and I are looking forward to watching the train wreck.
Red Rocker! :pDT_git: Yeah, baby!

Ledsteplin

Hall of Fame
Nov 20, 2013
Florence, Alabama
All the tenants here are 55+. Don't expect any goblins at my door. I'll find something scary to watch on Netflix. TapaTalk now has a giphy option, so...BOO!

AlistarWills

All-American
Jul 26, 2006
Used it sit on ready waiting for the least bit of racket outside of someone trying to roll our yard. Kids don’t do that around Halloween any more it seems. Probably will watch football and pass out on the couch wishing I had my face in a bag of Reese’s.

Bodhisattva

Hall of Fame
Aug 22, 2001
Got back in the early morning hours after the Sammy Hagar & The Circle (Michael Anthony, Vic Johnson, Jason Bonham) concert. It was the first "real" concert for my wife and daughter. They thoroughly enjoyed it. Sammy, at 72, is still impressive. He still packs the house and leaves it all on stage. Don't see how he does it. Here's a good video from my old stomping grounds (Wolf Trap in Vienna, VA) from the tour a few months ago. Vic Johnson, who broke his leg earlier on the tour, has fully recovered.

They played everything from Montrose, Van Halen, Zepelin, Sammy's solo songs, etc.

Now it's on to Universal Studios for a night of terror. ;)

Bodhisattva

Hall of Fame
Aug 22, 2001
Ok, back from Orlando. I have decided that my wife is a complete nutcase in the best possible sense. As I said earlier, she gets scared very easily. But, she is the one that planned the trip to Universal's Halloween Horror Nights. I asked her if she's up for this. "Remember, you don't want to leave the house if there's a frog outside the front door." She replies, "Yes, I will get scared, but it will be fun."

At Universal there are about five "scare zones" outside with costumed characters terrorizing the patrons. And there are also about 10 haunted houses with their various themes. My wife, I imagine, is the best kind of target for the horror actors. She screams bloody murder at everything. She goes through the zones and houses with her hands acting as blinders around her eyes. Yet she still ducks and shrieks at everything that jumps at her. Everything. A few times she would see the "monster" in an upcoming alcove. She would yell, "I see you! Don't jump at me!" But, of course, the monster did, as monsters are want to do. And my wife would scream like she was being stabbed. She even got scared by a few workers in the mazes who weren't doing anything but standing still and monitoring the visitors' progress through the maze. LOL! It was some of the best entertainment I've had in a long time. In short order, my sides were hurting from laughing so much.

Coming out of the houses, my wife would be screaming. Then she would start laughing and say, "Let's go to the next one." So, we did. And did. And did. For about eight hours.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.