CNS says “Tua a Game Time Decision”

UAH

All-American
Nov 27, 2017
Aye, Sark has really gotten into his groove as this season has progressed. I'm hoping some of the doubters can see what we were excited about now - this offense is deadlier than what we had under Locks.
He may well turn out to be Coach Saban's best Offensive Coordinator and QB Coach. The NFL experience has been tremendous for Sark's development and allowed him to put the personal issues in the review mirror. Hopefully he will stay here another year at least and get elevated on CNS's staff before he takes another head coaching job. What team would not want Bama's offense?

Last edited:

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
I'm glad you brought him up. Nobody has noticed how good Sark is because of Tua.. but I've been real impressed with his play calling lately. He really do know the balance of calling plays and playing to their strengths.
Yah, he made the subtle changes needed to really help Mac get into a groove last week. I know it was Arky and they're essentially the worst team in the SEC, but the offense looked essentially flawless with him back there due to the play-calling.

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA
He may well turn out to be Coach Saban's best Offensive Coordinator and QB Coach. The NFL experience has been tremendous for Sark's development and allowed him to put the personal issues in the review mirror. Hopefully he will stay here another year at least and get elevated on CNS's staff before he takes another head coaching job. What team would not want Bama's offense?

I have been impressed so far with Sark. Hope he shines vs LSU.

Who knows, maybe he will stay for 3 or more years, and eventually be the head coach when Saban retires years from now. ??

UAH

All-American
Nov 27, 2017
Yah, he made the subtle changes needed to really help Mac get into a groove last week. I know it was Arky and they're essentially the worst team in the SEC, but the offense looked essentially flawless with him back there due to the play-calling.
This week on SEC Film Room CNS pointed out that Mac was late on his throw to Smith that was high and caught as a TD in the end zone by Ruggs. The play is designed for the QB to get the ball to Smith on the roll out. A play we have see him score on a couple of times. He commented that the throw hung Smith out in the end zone. These is the type of plays that Mac needs more repetition on.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
This week on SEC Film Room CNS pointed out that Mac was late on his throw to Smith that was high and caught as a TD in the end zone by Ruggs. The play is designed for the QB to get the ball to Smith on the roll out. A play we have see him score on a couple of times. He commented that the throw hung Smith out in the end zone. These is the type of plays that Mac needs more repetition on.
Yep - said the same thing to my wife. He was also late on another pass that got a receiver blown up - can't remember exactly who/when.

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA
Yep - said the same thing to my wife. He was also late on another pass that got a receiver blown up - can't remember exactly who/when.

I thought Mac did a great job Saturday. But this is what I worry about sometimes... bad passes can cause the WR to get in a position to get injured. I know Tua has done that some, but he is much more accurate than Mac. I just hope Tua is at least 90 % for the game and does not get injured during the game ! RTR

Ledsteplin

Hall of Fame
Nov 20, 2013
Florence, Alabama
I thought Mac did a great job Saturday. But this is what I worry about sometimes... bad passes can cause the WR to get in a position to get injured. I know Tua has done that some, but he is much more accurate than Mac. I just hope Tua is at least 90 % for the game and does not get injured during the game ! RTR
I don‘t worry about it too much. Mac was 18 of 22, and one incompletion was dropped. The pass was good. None are perfect, not even Tua.

Toddrn

All-American
Nov 29, 2006
Woodstock, Ga
Smith got hammered on that play and it was targeting, but no one said anything about it.

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
I'm glad you brought him up. Nobody has noticed how good Sark is because of Tua.. but I've been real impressed with his play calling lately. He really do know the balance of calling plays and playing to their strengths.
Right there is why I am confident about the LSU game. Folks, as much hand wringing has gone on about the Bama defense, just know the LSU defense has some glaring deficiencies. The LB play has been weak and save for Delpit their secondary has seriously struggled. What the Bama offense does best is what LSU is weakest at...quick slants and hitch and goes. Tua will torch this defense, and yes, I think he'll play. Given Mac's confidence builder with the Arky game I wouldn't be terrified in going with him but Tua would have more success IMO against this opponent.

cubzwin

Suspended
Jan 30, 2018
"Sark...head coach"
Uh, no.
Read about Sark's head coaching career at USC. Sark is doing a good job as OC but he needs to concentrate on that role and on staying sober. Becoming HC at Alabama is almost certainly not in Sark's future.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
"Sark...head coach"
Uh, no.
Read about Sark's head coaching career at USC. Sark is doing a good job as OC but he needs to concentrate on that role and on staying sober. Becoming HC at Alabama is almost certainly not in Sark's future.
I'm not sure that his past struggles with alcohol would rule him out. We had one very successful coach whose alcohol intake was prodigious... :D

jashleyren2

1st Team
Aug 27, 2018
I'm not sure that his past struggles with alcohol would rule him out. We had one very successful coach whose alcohol intake was prodigious... :D
Agree. His past issues with the bottle aren't going to keep him from such a high profile job as Alabama. And he's held one high profile job already, at USC, though we all know how that ended. USC is a dumpster fire anyway. He's not my first candidate when Saban steps aside, which we are closer to now than his hire date.

My picks for HC at Alabama, not to hijack the thread, are very short, and none of those guys have been low-success, at any level, and none of them will be handling their first ever head coaching job, if selected for Alabama. It's not the place for a first time head coach to cut his teeth. Save that for TCU and the NFL :D

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.