Question: Alabama HS Size Classifications?

Bamaatthebeach

1st Team
Feb 27, 2019
Myrtle Beach, SC, USA
Hello,
First time in this forum, so I have no idea how busy it is in here. Can someone tell me how schools are classified because I have looked at the current Class 7-1 list, and the high school I attended and where my family attends now has about 200 more kids attending than the number that is listed. So is that some kind of a formula? How can a school have 620.95 students? I'm just curious how this number is determined because it cannot be just straight up head count.

Again, not holding my breath because I see the last post here was from April, but if anyone is reading and knows, I'd love to hear.

Thanks!

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Average daily attendance. They have a formula for private schools because they can openly recruit. Not sure what the percentage is added though.
They can't openly recruit if they are in AHSAA. They can if they are in AISA, though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
Daily attendance of 10-12 grades plus 9th grade holdbacks. Private schools are counted as 1.35 per student and that's how you can get .95 students etc. Also private schools can be bumped up a class if they win too much in their respective class.

lowend

All-SEC
Feb 20, 2005
AHSAA is changing to using the average daily attendance (1st 20 days of school) for 9th-11th grades in the upcoming reclassification. The 32 largest schools go into 7A and after that it's somewhat evenly split with 8 regions per class (1A-6A) and 6-9 teams per region.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.