Where Do You WANT to Be Ranked on Tuesday?

BamaInMo1

All-American
Oct 27, 2006
Cumming, GA
Somewhere between 3 and 5.
Give us more of a chip on our shoulder.
Media building up Burrow something fierce and giving Tua/Mac little to no credit.
Where ever they have us ranked, let's just come out and play and when it's all said and done leave no doubt about who is the king of the West.

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
Can somebody PLEASE tell me how LSU gets this huge attention for their schedule?

Yes, they're undefeated.
Yes, they're a good team.
Yes, they've played what APPEARS to be a tougher schedule than we have to this point.

I'll grant all of those.

But they barely beat an Auburn team that damn near lost on their HOME FIELD last night to OLE MISS.....a team that already has a loss to Cal as well as a blowout loss to Alabama (though some Auburn nut was actually saying, "This Ole Miss team got 35 points on Alabama and rushed for blah blah blah yards").

So is Auburn REALLY that good?

And Texas.....who lost to Kansas for Pete's sake........

Look, I give LSU total credit for scheduling the game and winning. But people are confusing TWO categories: 1) scheduling a team that was good when we scheduled them but isn't very good now; and 2) actually beating good teams.

Using the standard people want to use for LSU, they'd better never again say one damn word about BYU winning the title with such a soft schedule. It wasn't BYU's fault that then #3 Pitt, whom BYU beat, turned out to be a paper panther.

Their schedule is better than ours, but it's MAYBE 10% better.
I’m right there with you Selma. I just haven’t seen what every one else is wetting their pants over with this LSU team. I’m going to just guess it’s because of just how different their offensive philosophy is compared with years past. Ours is so radically different it blows me away sometimes but they’ve had a year to get used to it.

If any team has really impressed me and looks like a No. 1 team it’s easily Ohio State.

I’m thinking they’ll knock Bama and put them at 4.

1. tOSU
2. LSU
3. Clemson
4. Bama
5. Penn. St.

Personally I wouldn’t be shocked if we were 5. It really does not matter because this weekend is a quarterfinal match for Bama. It’s all or nothing because Bama is just hitting the hard part of their schedule and LSU will be finished with theirs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
I’m right there with you Selma. I just haven’t seen what every one else is wetting their pants over with this LSU team. I’m going to just guess it’s because of just how different their offensive philosophy is compared with years past. Ours is so radically different it blows me away sometimes but they’ve had a year to get used to it.

If any team has really impressed me and looks like a No. 1 team it’s easily Ohio State.

I’m thinking they’ll knock Bama and put them at 4.

1. tOSU
2. LSU
3. Clemson
4. Bama
5. Penn. St.

Personally I wouldn’t be shocked if we were 5. It really does not matter because this weekend is a quarterfinal match for Bama. It’s all or nothing because Bama is just hitting the hard part of their schedule and LSU will be finished with theirs.

Feed LSU and TOSU plenty of RAT POISON.

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
I just see almost no chance that Bama will be higher than 3. That said, the committee seems to have its parameters set on quicksand. One week it’s the eye test, then it’s the body of work, and then and then ....

If it’s the eye test Ohio state will be one.
Body of work probably LSU

With either of those scenarios Bama’s #3 at the highest. We’ll see. It will get settled on the field which is all teams can hope for these days.

jashleyren2

1st Team
Aug 27, 2018
4 or 5. What matters to me is where everyone is ranked around us. I expect 2 teams ahead, at least, maybe 3. Penn State is likely just below us. They are going to lose to OSU, and how far they fall is the real question. And don't forget UGA. They are also going to start behind us, and it makes a potential SEC title game with them all the more important.

What I can't have is the Iron Bowl being against a 3 loss Auburn, by that time, and have them make a mess of the whole thing. If they are going to let UGA beat them, or if they BEAT UGA, but UGA is still in the SEC title game with 2 losses (likely), it hurts Bama's chance to hold a gap over a 1 loss Penn State or 1 loss Oregon.

Also, don't forget Oklahoma. ESPN/Disney is still wanting that Jalen Hurts vs Alabama rematch. Don't be shocked to see OU make some magical leaps through the CFP gauntlet, should they beat Baylor, and then win the Big 12. Oregon will be more deserving for the shot, with 1 loss, but OU is what The Mouse wants against Alabama. They don't want another Bama - Clemson or a LSU-rematch.

jashleyren2

1st Team
Aug 27, 2018
if Alabama wins we still have to beat Auburn on the road.
Which is why the SEC champ and a 1 loss SEC team usually DESERVE to be in the CFP. Going undefeated in the conference is nearly impossible, and only Alabama teams under Saban have been able to do it multiple times. Per usual, Auburn is not good enough to compete for it all, but JUUUUUSSSTTT good enough to screw up everyone else's plans. Coach matters not. See Chizik. See Malzahn now. And whoever the next coach is.

bamamick

All-American
Feb 22, 2005
2nd. That way if we lose, then win out, we still have a shot. It will be tough, but a close loss to #1 and then winning out might give us a shot into the CFP.

rtr

trenda

Hall of Fame
May 17, 2000
Hendersonville, TN USA
If Bama just wins out, it won’t matter. Our schedule takes care of everything.

All of the following should be blue font:

LSU is light years better than us, especially with the hottest QB on the planet.

Everyone knows how tough Auburn is.

Georgia. For heaven’s sake they beat Notre Dame. NOTRE DAME!

scrybe

3rd Team
Sep 6, 2019
Can somebody PLEASE tell me how LSU gets this huge attention for their schedule?

Yes, they're undefeated.
Yes, they're a good team.
Yes, they've played what APPEARS to be a tougher schedule than we have to this point.

I'll grant all of those.

But they barely beat an Auburn team that damn near lost on their HOME FIELD last night to OLE MISS.....a team that already has a loss to Cal as well as a blowout loss to Alabama (though some Auburn nut was actually saying, "This Ole Miss team got 35 points on Alabama and rushed for blah blah blah yards").

So is Auburn REALLY that good?

And Texas.....who lost to Kansas for Pete's sake........

Look, I give LSU total credit for scheduling the game and winning. But people are confusing TWO categories: 1) scheduling a team that was good when we scheduled them but isn't very good now; and 2) actually beating good teams.

Using the standard people want to use for LSU, they'd better never again say one damn word about BYU winning the title with such a soft schedule. It wasn't BYU's fault that then #3 Pitt, whom BYU beat, turned out to be a paper panther.

Their schedule is better than ours, but it's MAYBE 10% better.
You'll get no argument from me if your message is 'Texas sux.' But the whorns did not lose to KU (though they probably should've).

bamamick

All-American
Feb 22, 2005
Texas beat KU by two points in another obvious showing that Texas has no defense at all.

rtr

scrybe

3rd Team
Sep 6, 2019
Texas beat KU by two points in another obvious showing that Texas has no defense at all.

rtr

Yep! Which means LSU's narrow win over the whorns probably shouldn't be used to promote the Tigers' strength of schedule.

PA Tide Fan

All-American
Dec 11, 2014
Lancaster, PA
I'd like to be #1, so that if we lose a close one we could stay within the Top 4. If we go into the game only #3 or #4 and lose we probably drop out of the Top 4. I think however Ohio State will be #1 with Alabama and LSU #2 and #3 in some order and finally Clemson #4.

jashleyren2

1st Team
Aug 27, 2018
At this point, and still so much football to be played, it is clear that Clemson is going to win out, and they will be in. No one in that pathetic ACC is going to have an argument, and looks to me like South Carolina is a flukey team that got lucky and beat Georgia. Also, Georgia just has a nack for losing that one weird game every year.

The Big 10 title winner is in, because it will be either Ohio State or Penn State. Minnesota is not going to have any say in the matter.

That's two CFP spots.

The SEC title game champ is also going to be in. Should UGA show up with two losses (not likely, but they are winning the east, count on that), and then upset either Alabama or LSU in that game, then that scenario doesn't play out. But a one loss SEC team would STILL LIKELY GET IN. Get this: Auburn upsets UGA, dropping the dawgs to 10-2. They still represent the east. LSU loses to Alabama, and the Tide goes to Atlanta, and is SHOCKED by UGA. Bama would be 12-1. And, even though they would have beaten LSU, LSU would likely go to the CFP, in my opinion, than would Alabama, and certainly over UGA.

In fact, that scenario would only rule out having 2 SEC teams in, opening the door for a 1 loss PAC 12 or one loss Oklahoma to get in.

scrybe

3rd Team
Sep 6, 2019
At this point, and still so much football to be played, it is clear that Clemson is going to win out, and they will be in. No one in that pathetic ACC is going to have an argument, and looks to me like South Carolina is a flukey team that got lucky and beat Georgia. Also, Georgia just has a nack for losing that one weird game every year.

The Big 10 title winner is in, because it will be either Ohio State or Penn State. Minnesota is not going to have any say in the matter.

That's two CFP spots.

The SEC title game champ is also going to be in. Should UGA show up with two losses (not likely, but they are winning the east, count on that), and then upset either Alabama or LSU in that game, then that scenario doesn't play out. But a one loss SEC team would STILL LIKELY GET IN. Get this: Auburn upsets UGA, dropping the dawgs to 10-2. They still represent the east. LSU loses to Alabama, and the Tide goes to Atlanta, and is SHOCKED by UGA. Bama would be 12-1. And, even though they would have beaten LSU, LSU would likely go to the CFP, in my opinion, than would Alabama, and certainly over UGA.

In fact, that scenario would only rule out having 2 SEC teams in, opening the door for a 1 loss PAC 12 or one loss Oklahoma to get in.

I'll probably be skewered for saying this, but under the scenario you laid out, a one-loss Oklahoma WILL be the fourth team in the playoffs. First, the Sooners' lack of defense against KSU was an outlier. It's unlikely OU's defense will play that poorly the remainder of the season. Second, the committee is salivating over the possibility of getting a Tua-Hurts matchup in the playoffs, whether its the semifinals or the championship game.

Of course, my prediction will be blown out of the water if Oklahoma loses again.

mlh

All-American
Apr 28, 2004
I don't care where we're ranked or if we even make it to the playoffs, as long as Tua wins the Heisman. That's all that matters.

scrybe

3rd Team
Sep 6, 2019
According to whom? Talking heads and fans don’t count.

LOL. Sorry if I confused anyone. I thought everyone here understood that was MY opinion. It's certainly true that fans' thoughts don't count in the final analysis, but this a fan board, after all. Am I out of line for sharing my opinion?

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
LOL. Sorry if I confused anyone. I thought everyone here understood that was MY opinion. It's certainly true that fans' thoughts don't count in the final analysis, but this a fan board, after all. Am I out of line for sharing my opinion?
Well, you said WILL, in all caps. That sounds like you are saying that you are correct and naysayers are incorrect, which begs for a response from those who might disagree.

As Earle often posts, sometimes it isn't what you say but how you say it.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.