Question: Watching Bama games while traveling outside of US

bullitt

Sep 7, 2017
What is the best way to view Bama games while traveling to Europe during the season? I will be out of the country during the Bama v Auburn game and must find a way to watch it while traveling. Thanks.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
What is the best way to view Bama games while traveling to Europe during the season? I will be out of the country during the Bama v Auburn game and must find a way to watch it while traveling. Thanks.
For that one I would say the ESPN+ app, but you'll need a VPN to fool ESPN into thinking you are in the US. There are some strange EU (or "outside the US) copyright laws in play.

squib

1st Team
Sep 24, 2005
when I was working in China, I would stay at hotels with good wifi. Then my wife would set up the iPad in front of the TV at home. I would FaceTime the iPad and watch the game live. Worked like a charm.

tattooguy21

Suspended
Aug 14, 2012
For that one I would say the ESPN+ app, but you'll need a VPN to fool ESPN into thinking you are in the US. There are some strange EU (or "outside the US) copyright laws in play.
Just coming back from overseas and VPN worked 60% of the time, every time. If on an i product, I never got it to work. Only android. My recommendation was a site that would stream the game regardless of channel and was always as high a quality as my bandwidth. There's tons of click bait on it and you might have to watch an add before the game, but again, it was the inky thing that worked each time with no issues since this again started.

Vipbox.tv

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Rush

All-American
Jul 5, 2011
Ontario, Canada

Will have to try this app, as I every time I try to access WatchESPN using a VPN, it asks me to log in via my US cable provider...

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.
Old school, but try a sling box...FTR: Sling TV and sling box are totally separate things...

RTRinBR

3rd Team
Jan 27, 2003
Baton Rouge, LA USA
In some countries, you may be baffled that school sports is so huge. But if you want to know what all the fuss is about or you're a US expat wanting to catch the college football, then ESPN Player has you covered.

It's available in the UK, Europe, Middle East, Africa and parts of Asia and comes at a cost of £9.99/€11.99 for the next month (or £69.99/€79.99 for a whole year to get additional content from ESPN).

That gets you live and on-demand coverage of more than 800 2019-20 college football games, available on desktop and mobile devices.
I have used this service when travelling in europe in the past. It has had different names over the years. I haven't needed to use it in several years as i travel abroad a lot for work and have a more permanent solution in place, but with the weekly/monthly rate it worked great for me when i used it and no vpn to deal with.

BamaGene

Scout Team
Jun 14, 2014

What kind of connection will you have? I'm with the Navy in Bahrain and my first choice is AT&T U-verse through a VPN if you happen to have that at home, but if game is on CBS that is out as their app won't show standard broadcast channels. My next choice, and it does support broadcast channels, is my Ninkbox, about $60 from Amazon. Ninkbox will get you pretty much any sports channel you want.

Sadly, if you don't have some serious bandwidth, at least 20Mbps, you may want to listen on Tune-In and grab the game from YouTube when you get home. My experience travelling in Europe is that bandwidth in the hotels totally sucks. You may want to check your cell provider, some are offering deals where you can take advantage of your cell plan for a few bucks a day (my Verizon from home offers that and I only pay on days I use the service), that is usually much better than what you'll get in a European hotel, at least in Spain, Italy, and Greece where I've been this year.

While I'm on here, don't expect much out of the European hotels, they seem to think you should thank them for staying. Earlier this year in Italy they wanted $8 just to bring a bucket of ice to my room!

Enjoy...

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN
Using Kodi, also download Sportsdevil and you will be able to watch every Bama game providing you have good wifi where you are. Probably, the best site is the one marked "rojo". Be aware, that finding the best version of the game is going from one to the other. Also, you will need to make sure you get an English commentary. You would be surprised at the number of games that are in Russian.

Another site is "Rising Tides" which is actually better than Sportsdevil but has less content. Download it in the same way on Kodi. Go to "Other sports" and it may be there. If it is there, it is much better quality than Sportsdevil and it will be the CBS commentary so you will have to put up with that.

4BamanMex

Jan 23, 2007
Be sure to test your VPN before going. Some apps or sites will detect it. So you may need tech support to get it to work with the network.
I have been able to watch both cbssports.com and CBS sports app on Android. Espn app as well.

Isaiah 63:1

All-American
Dec 8, 2005
Probably at 35k or in an airport somewhere
No Bama fan is his/her right mind would voluntarily be out of the country during this game. I can only surmise that you’re doing time in a Turkish prison...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
i've never had any success streaming live video while out of the country. i have used tune-in several times in various countries and a few times on international in-flight wifi and had pretty good luck.

Jkl0802

1st Team
Apr 9, 2015
Stuttgart, Germany
I’ve lived in Belgium for 3 years and Germany for 5 years....I used to have very difficult problems watching Alabama games and tried VPNs and ESPN but nothing worked well. This year I have been able to watch Alabama live on 3 games by searching Alabama vs “name the team” live on You Tube.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.