ONE DAY LEFT ... We are officially UNBUCKLED Bama vs Penn

Tide Rev

All-American
Mar 22, 2000
Ocean Springs, MS
Re: ONE DAY LEFT ... We are officially UNBUCKELED Bama vs Penn

Liked the hustle and effort tonight. Have not seen this in a long time. Lots of positives to build on. Got some things to work on but we will be improved as compared to last few teams. I think it is a good start for Coach Oats.

GoodTalkRuss

Suspended
Mar 9, 2019

It’s shocking to me how poorly Wimp communicates basketball. I noticed that last year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
On Petty's follow up dunk that went to review, when Sanderson said "yep, the ball comes off the cylinder but you see Petty's hand come back on the cylinder"... I had to shut off the volume.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa

Eli isn’t the problem. He’s not as good as Chris Stewart, but he’s done basketball long enough to be competent at it. Not much he can do when he’s getting rambled over constantly.

God bless Wimp, he’s a legend, but that was the absolute worst color commentary I’ve ever heard. I don’t know how he passed an audition, but that was unlistenable.

I tend to focus on what I am seeing and not what I am hearing. Some must have only had audio to be this worked up over it.

BamaHoosier

All-American
Jan 17, 2011
Noblesville Indiana
ONE DAY LEFT ... We are officially UNBUCKELED Bama vs Penn

I tend to focus on what I am seeing and not what I am hearing. Some must have only had audio to be this worked up over it.
I’m usually one to not complain about the commentating, but it was terrible. Wimp made Vern look like a Rhodes scholar.

Not only was he wrong most of the time, he rambled, constantly interrupted Eli, and added no insight that a 5th grade level coach couldn’t add.

I love the man dearly so it breaks my heart to say, but that was an NAIA quality broadcast. Ultimately it got to the point it took away from the action on the court.

GoodTalkRuss

Suspended
Mar 9, 2019

Im not sure whether to be really excited about Shackleford or a bit worried.

mlingerfelt31

All-SEC
Mar 9, 2017

this is probably going to be like CNS first season in 2007.Oh well it takes strength and conditioning usually in year 2.:BigA:

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014

I actually enjoyed Ol Coach Wimp

BamaHoosier

All-American
Jan 17, 2011
Noblesville Indiana

Definitely be excited! He’s young, but he’s a bull on the court. His shot selection needs to get better but I love seeing someone that young with that much confidence in their play.

Plus with some of the shots he was jacking up, he would have been yanked had Oats not had complete faith in his abilities. If he has that kind of clearance from the coaching staff then he’s good with me.

GoodTalkRuss

Suspended
Mar 9, 2019

Fair point... I am excited he looks like a guy that can go off..

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

What did some of you expect? Was the first game of a new system

This negative talk about FT shooting is silly. Alabama was 15-20 (75%) prior to Kira going to the line. No one would think he misses both.

Under Grant and Avery, we complained guys were afraid to shoot. Now, we want guys to stop shooting if they miss too many for our liking while Nate preaches “keep shooting” philosophy? Come on.

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014

Right now he looks like he may be a streaky shooter ... we will see as the season progresses. We he gets going though they are hard to beat. On a side note, here's hoping everything works out for JQ, he would be a huge addition.

GoodTalkRuss

Suspended
Mar 9, 2019

What did some of you expect? Was the first game of a new system

This negative talk about FT shooting is silly. Alabama was 15-20 (75%) prior to Kira going to the line. No one would think he misses both.

Under Grant and Avery, we complained guys were afraid to shoot. Now, we want guys to stop shooting if they miss too many for our liking while Nate preaches “keep shooting” philosophy? Come on.

I don't see a whole lot of negativity about the game... Maybe disappointed

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014

On a side note, west Georgia looks like they've had an interesting game with Georgia Southern

bvandegraff

All-American
Mar 13, 2014
Albuquerque, NM

Looks like a work in progress. The guys are being asked to play at a completely different pace and style than under the previous regime, and it looks like they're not completely comfortable with it yet (Kira being a notable exception). The fast-paced style Oats wants is glorious when it's firing on all cylinders and maddeningly frustrating when it's not. Injuries and lack of front court depth will likely cost us a few games this year, but if the guys can gel, things could get interesting. Their conditioning certainly looks way better. If Kira makes at least one of those FT's, I think we would've taken them in OT.

Hope Kira can recover psychologically from missing those FT's - that was just brutal.

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014

I don't see a whole lot of negativity about the game... Maybe disappointed
I feel you, hate they lost but we have a lot of positives. Hoping they use this as a motivator

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California

Lots of positives tonight in a tough loss. Liked the hustle. Liked the not giving up when the team got down by nine or whatever it was. They kept fighting and scratching and clawing and almost pulled it off. FT shooting much improved except for the misses at the end. Hate it for KL that it ended like that after he played a good game. Roll Tide!

Last edited:

bamamick

All-American
Feb 22, 2005

I understand that there were a lot of points scored, but we shot what, 36%, missed a whole bunch of layups, and missed 7 of 22 freebies in a one point loss. And I am not undermining a Penn team with four returning starters who play a tough schedule, but they ain't Kentucky. Florida. Freakin' Auburn.

rtr

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.