ONE DAY LEFT ... We are officially UNBUCKLED Bama vs Penn

BamaInMo1

All-American
Oct 27, 2006
Cumming, GA
Re: ONE DAY LEFT ... We are officially UNBUCKELED Bama vs Penn

QUOTE=bamamick;3472516]Look, if I didn't love Alabama basketball I wouldn't say anything, but aren't WE supposed to be one of those good teams? Aren't we supposed to intimidate people on our schedule, especially in our building? When people say 'oh, but Penn is really good' that doesn't say much to me because what are we? Having the 7th most difficult schedule is all well and good until you lose to all of those good teams, then it's just you losing.

Our program was not left in good shape by the past three coaches. One of the biggest things missing was mental toughness and won or lost the team showed more mental toughness and fight in them than has been seen in a while. Coach is having to do a total rebuild with this team. Anyone who thinks this is going to be a quick fix and we're all of a sudden going to be world beaters then you're blind and nuts. This team is going to grow and get better because they will be developed mentally and physically.

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014

This thinking completely ignores the state of the basketball program.
Yep true ... the challenge we as fans have to keep in mind is, even though we have some of the talent we had last year, we are in total rebuild mold ... new program strategy, new coach, new team, new philosophy ect.

I do believe if everyone continues to buy in and a few more things fall in our favor that this team eventually will be a team that other programs fears. But it does take a commitment from everyone to get to that stage.

From what I see thus far, this team is committed to that. It's not going to mean that this team is going to win every game they play this year tho. I do believe this team has a great chance of being more successful than last season.

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa

Yep true ... the challenge we as fans have to keep in mind is, even though we have some of the talent we had last year, we are in total rebuild mold ... new program strategy, new coach, new team, new philosophy ect.

I do believe if everyone continues to buy in and a few more things fall in our favor that this team eventually will be a team that other programs fears. But it does take a commitment from everyone to get to that stage.

From what I see thus far, this team is committed to that. It's not going to mean that this team is going to win every game they play this year tho. I do believe this team has a great chance of being more successful than last season.
With the two injuries eliminating any inside depth or threat, I think it will be hard to duplicate last year's win total. I hope we can, but we really need to remain injury free from here on out. If we win the appeal on the Nova transfer, that will help with another talented guard, but we will still remain vacant in the front court. It could be a rough season to watch, but I actually watched the entire game last night because we kept hustling and fighting. As long as we do that, I will watch a lot. Roll Tide!

Ldlane

Hall of Fame
Nov 26, 2002

I really like our style of play, and wish that we were a bit better playing defense on the ball. I think we are a 16 - 18 game-winner right now with a NIT birth. Big questions around perimeter shooting and of course inside the paint. There is a lot of talent and areas that we are sure to grow in by December or January. It should be fun watching this team develop a persona.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011

Look, if I didn't love Alabama basketball I wouldn't say anything, but aren't WE supposed to be one of those good teams? Aren't we supposed to intimidate people on our schedule, especially in our building? When people say 'oh, but Penn is really good' that doesn't say much to me because what are we? Having the 7th most difficult schedule is all well and good until you lose to all of those good teams, then it's just you losing.

rtr
Right now we aren’t. That’s why we have a new coach.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.