ONE DAY LEFT ... We are officially UNBUCKLED Bama vs Penn

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007
Re: ONE DAY LEFT ... We are officially UNBUCKELED Bama vs Penn

Been a fan for almost 50 years now, and in 48 of them, the foul shooting has sucked. Oh well, we'll make them next time.

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)

Lewis put Bama in position with his 2nd half play. Sorry he missed the free throws.

Brodeur was wore out at the end of the game. I was ready for overtime if Lewis had just hit one.

GoodTalkRuss

Suspended
Mar 9, 2019

Can't really blame Lewis, He basically carried the entire team the 2nd half.. Hate it for him..
As for airing of grievances.. If I never hear Wimp or Eli do basketball again, that will be fine.

Tides_of_Change

1st Team
Sep 27, 2012

11-...40-something from 3. Yeah, just keep chunking them. Hard to believe Penn is 29 points better than Ga Tech.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover

So, we start the Oats season with a black eye. Tames some enthusiasm but still got to be optimistic with the effort.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa

Can't really blame Lewis, He basically carried the entire team the 2nd half.. Hate it for him..
As for airing of grievances.. If I never hear Wimp or Eli do basketball again, that will be fine.
Would you rather have heard Beth Mowins?

GoodTalkRuss

Suspended
Mar 9, 2019

The good news... That was a really good crowd for Alabama basketball in November.

GoodTalkRuss

Suspended
Mar 9, 2019

Honestly, At least she knows who the hell is dribbling and shooting.. Those two guys were just pulling names out of a hat

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa

Tough loss. Rome wasn't built in a day, and we have a ways to go.
Thoughts after watching-
I liked the hustle. Those two injuries really hurt our depth and size. We still don't handle the ball or pass very well. We didn't finish around the basket against this team, so that doesn't bode well against teams with solid frontcourt players. Free throws can win or lose games. I hate it for Kira missing those two free throws because he is going to have to be an All-American to carry us this year.
Oh well, on to the next game.

BamaHoosier

All-American
Jan 17, 2011
Noblesville Indiana

Heartbreaking result, the kids fought too dang hard to end like. Kira played his guts out and you just hate to see his miss be the deciding factor. That just sucks.

That goal-tend is one of the worst calls I’ve ever seen, just garbage. Ball was clearly out of the cylinder from every angle. Taking 2 points off the board on a questionable call in a 1 point game is inexcusable.

Lastly before anyone gets up in arms about the loss, a team like Penn is honestly a brutal team to open with. They aren’t very talented but the are smart, fundamentally sound, veteran lead, and rarely makes mistakes. End of the season that will be counted as a bad loss, but had we played them 3 weeks from now it likely ends differently. Props to them for having a good gameplan and sticking with it, they were clutch when they had to be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gamersfuel

All-American
Jan 20, 2008
Auburn/near a cow pasture

still early but it can't be stressed enough need to really focus on the fundamentals... hopefully coach stresses that instead of talks of NCAA tournaments... we need to develop some ball players and worry about the tournament as time goes... two or three high-profile commits would help a great deal as well lol... Improvement as the season goes

bamacpa

All-American
Jul 19, 2006

It’s shocking to me how poorly Wimp communicates basketball. I noticed that last year.

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007

Indiana in '76. We clanked that one away.
In my four years on campus we clanked three SEC titles away. The percentage wasn't that bad tonight until we needed them. Kira carried the team. You hate to see him miss like that at the end.

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014

Of course he missed both.

It was a frustrating game. They had long scoring draughts and we matched it. I really hope Penn is a good team and this wasn't foreshadowing of a long year.

Why does every team but us get ref home cooking?
Penn is a good team ... they should make the tourney. As soon as he stepped to the line I knew he missed them unfortunately. Good game against a solid team but a VERY tough loss. Hopefully we will be better for it as the season goes. Happy they kept fighting to at least give themselves a chance to win.

BamaHoosier

All-American
Jan 17, 2011
Noblesville Indiana

That would be equally rough, however, as bad as Eli and Wimp were, I would choose the latter.
Eli isn’t the problem. He’s not as good as Chris Stewart, but he’s done basketball long enough to be competent at it. Not much he can do when he’s getting rambled over constantly.

God bless Wimp, he’s a legend, but that was the absolute worst color commentary I’ve ever heard. I don’t know how he passed an audition, but that was unlistenable.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.