POTUS to attend Bama LSU game

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
This is not good. Security will be a nightmare. In addition to which, getting him into and out of Tuscaloosa will cause all sorts of disruption.

It was a snafu of monumental proportions at the Atlanta NCG in the Mercedes Dome, and that was in a city and at a venue that have the expertise to handle it. Neither Tuscaloosa nor the University is set up for this.

Moved to NS. In the few minutes it took me to write the above in the midst of handling a call, it diverged from anything having to do with either football or the game. Non-Sports it is.
It’s going to be 100x worse than Atlanta. Atlanta has more ways in and out, great public transportation, a venue that was built with security plans for major events in mind, and a major airport. Tuscaloosa will be a nightmare.

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
Send the SOB a bill for the security Tuscaloosa and the University and the state will have from his visit. To be paid in advance.

Football has been a great form of escape and distraction from politics, now he wants to highjack the biggest game of the year.

They should have a ceremony at halftime to honor Jeff sessions just to tick him off.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
Re: REPORT: Alabama ‘Making Preparations’ For Donald Trump To Attend LSU Showdown

Please do not boo. Respect the office if not the man. I am no Trump supporter, but regardless of who is the current President, we should show respect regardless of our feeling about him.

I was there when he came to the NC in Atlanta. It was a problem if you didn't get to the stadium really early.

RTR beat the Bengal Tigas!
I'll give the office as much respect as he does

so yeah, i'd boo

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Re: REPORT: Alabama ‘Making Preparations’ For Donald Trump To Attend LSU Showdown

If only Alabama wasn't doing so well in college football.....you wouldn't be having BIG problems like this.......:rolleye2:

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001

There has got to be a way to make it clear to those attending the game that it is that much more difficult and time consuming to get there because Trump wants to crash the party.

UAH

All-American
Nov 27, 2017
Send the SOB a bill for the security Tuscaloosa and the University and the state will have from his visit. To be paid in advance.

Football has been a great form of escape and distraction from politics, now he wants to highjack the biggest game of the year.

They should have a ceremony at halftime to honor Jeff sessions just to tick him off.
He owes millions to cities all over the US. I believe it would be accurate to say that no localities including NYC have been paid for the vast sums that have been incurred to provide crowd control and security.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000

God, I can see it now.

ESPN figures this is a way after all their "woke" crap of the last several years that they can maybe reach out to "the right," which is ludicrous since he's not even remotely to "the right." So sure enough, they bring Cheeto Jeezus on to pick the game.

Of course, he picks Alabama. The crowd goes bonkers, and we get, "See, great crowd. They LOVE me."

Right up until I read this, I was feeling a little down about missing it, esp the Tidefans tent. But I've been in NYC when Obama came through the center of Times Square and when Daddy Bush did the commencement at MSU in 1989. These are logistical nightmares from hell. Imagine a place like NYC on the main drag where for two miles you cannot even WALK ACROSS THE ROAD AT ANY POINT!! And a city like NYC has a lot of things like that and are used to managing them.

Something tells me a bunch of cops from cities besides Tuscaloosa just got told they're working this weekend.

(I can at least see why the leader would attend a championship game; this is a regular season big game but this isn't the BCS era).

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
God, I can see it now.

ESPN figures this is a way after all their "woke" crap of the last several years that they can maybe reach out to "the right," which is ludicrous since he's not even remotely to "the right." So sure enough, they bring Cheeto Jeezus on to pick the game.

Of course, he picks Alabama. The crowd goes bonkers, and we get, "See, great crowd. They LOVE me."

Right up until I read this, I was feeling a little down about missing it, esp the Tidefans tent. But I've been in NYC when Obama came through the center of Times Square and when Daddy Bush did the commencement at MSU in 1989. These are logistical nightmares from hell. Imagine a place like NYC on the main drag where for two miles you cannot even WALK ACROSS THE ROAD AT ANY POINT!! And a city like NYC has a lot of things like that and are used to managing them.

Something tells me a bunch of cops from cities besides Tuscaloosa just got told they're working this weekend.

(I can at least see why the leader would attend a championship game; this is a regular season big game but this isn't the BCS era).
NYC is built to host major world events and still has tons of problems with the presidential motorcade. Imagine a mid size southern town like Tuscaloosa.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
He owes millions to cities all over the US. I believe it would be accurate to say that no localities including NYC have been paid for the vast sums that have been incurred to provide crowd control and security.

"The press conference was organized by Ira Silverman, a young New York-based sports public relations guru who was warned beforehand that Cohn and Trump were notorious for failing to pay their tabs. When Cohn asked how much his services would cost, Silverman told him the bill was $2,000 - half due up front. 'I got the check for $1,000, did the job, put together a media invite list, we had a great turnout...and they never gave me the second $1,000,' he said. 'I handed a bill to Cohn - nothing. Then I started calling Cohn and Trump, and they never picked up the phone. They just ignored me."
Jeff Pearlman
"Football for a Buck: The Crazy Rise and Crazier Demise of the USFL"
page 250

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
NYC is built to host major world events and still has tons of problems with the presidential motorcade. Imagine a mid size southern town like Tuscaloosa.
I don't even want to; it was horrible at Columbus AFB when Bush came, and he was (by contrast) a well-respected and admired figure at the time.

You couldn't even cross the main highway once the President landed - for a good 1/2 hour or so.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Trump has already succeeded with all of us here turning this game into a discussion about his miserable ass.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.