POTUS to attend Bama LSU game

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
FWIW, UA released a statement about the letter...

Update:
Jason Rothfarb, vice president for Student Affairs for University of Alabama SGA, issued a follow-up statement regarding his previous email related to disruptions during the Alabama/LSU football game. The email was published via social media:

“Some have misinterpreted my comment regarding “disruptive behavior.” As with other games this season, Organization’s Block Seating locations will be clearly marked, but at certain times, other students can and should have access to open seats. By disruptive behavior, we are asking students to be respectful to all students and staff and avoid altercations.

My email has nothing do with anyone’s First Amendment rights and I am sorry for any confusion. Please express yourself and especially your pride for the Tide.”

Rothbarb’s comments come after a letter was sent to block seat groups warning that “Any organizations that engage in disruptive behavior during the game will be removed from block seating instantly for the remainder of the season.”

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
Over on the football thread about this, there are several posters claiming Trump simply wants to see a good ball game. Let them think what they want, but it's hard not pointing out that he got bored and left at halftime the last time he "just wanted to see a good ballgame."

They are speculating about what a show it would be if he parachutes into the stadium... and I'm afraid it's against board rules to point out he would likely leave a crater if he landed on the field.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Over on the football thread about this, there are several posters claiming Trump simply wants to see a good ball game. Let them think what they want, but it's hard not pointing out that he got bored and left at halftime the last time he "just wanted to see a good ballgame."

I think at some point we have to accept we have gone from a political debate between competing ideas to a "debate" in which few believe in facts and many believe myths in political discussions. I think the Republican-conservative thread emphatically proved that point.

bamamc1

Hall of Fame
Oct 24, 2011
Haleyville, AL

They are speculating about what a show it would be if he parachutes into the stadium... and I'm afraid it's against board rules to point out he would likely leave a crater if he landed on the field.
If Michelle landed first, he couldn’t compete with that crater.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
I think at some point we have to accept we have gone from a political debate between competing ideas to a "debate" in which few believe in facts and many believe myths in political discussions. I think the Republican-conservative thread emphatically proved that point.
If it wasn't for myths then politics wouldn't exist.

- Mid-term elections (or even the one's this year) are not NECESSARILY any sort of barometer
- Having a huge lead in a poll now means......next to nothing
- just because any state elects a governor of party X does NOT mean that that party has a huge leg up in the next Prez election
- despite all the articles - and you can find them by simply googling "republican party dead 20--" and adding the year, fact is that most of those years they had a majority of something

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.