POTUS to attend Bama LSU game

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
So what who cares?? Had that been an Obama blowup balloon all of you would be butthurt and screaming racism. Not only that but there are plenty of Anti Trump protesters destroying Trump supporters property on a daily basis so get over it.

Translation: I have no real argument so I have to resort to calling people a Nazis.

Side note with or without Trump I can defend myself easily.

Funny, the word Fuhrer stems from Hitler who was wait for it...a NAZI. Nowhere in that post did I call myself one. That’s exactly what he implied. Yes actually I do care for the constitution. No my profile pic is me when I was active duty in the Marine Corps in Afghanistan back in 2011. That’s more than what I can say for you. I’m surprised you could be that ignorant to ask such a dumb question.
It’s not as if Trump was the one running the Fast and Furious scandal. Using the IRS to target the opposition party. Benghazi enough said. Releasing 5 of the worst Taliban prisoners in exchange for a traitorous soldier who actually role his oath. I don’t see him trying to dismantle every amendment one by one but I guess you’d need a brain and some common sense to realize that.

Sir,

On this Veterans Day - first and foremost - I want to thank you for your service to this great nation of ours. The oath that you - and that I took as have many other fine people here (including 81 and Chukker just for starters) - binds us together and should despite whatever our personal or political disagreements with one another are. I hope my post towards you is not perceived as patronizing, because I certainly don't mean it that way, and yet I know that sometimes words expressed online sometimes come across incorrectly or with an unintended edge.

1) We should all be against the destruction of someone else's private property, and I honestly think you would agree with this.

This, in fact, is kind of a central locus of classic conservatism, the right to own property, and the right to protect it. (Note: before I get ripped, I'm not saying that ONLY conservatives believe this - use your heads folks). Some young guy seemingly wanted to get his name on the news or be hero to his beer drinking buddies or something and did something just plain stupid.

Their right to protest is a right you and I have sworn to protect just like I did for Colin Kaepernick OR for pro-lifers or anyone in between.

2) I'll concede that in the binary choice of Trump vs Clinton that I can understand (to a point) why someone chose Trump.

I've said this here on many occasions. I don't think it was as particularly close as some folks want to say but, okay, she had a long history that could easily be used against her and a personality that would have served us well at some of those GI parties where the floor needed waxed.

3) The problem with Trump IS a problem that can be addressed by the Constitution.

Look, I don't doubt for one moment that there are some Democrats who are angry they lost what should have been a winnable election, angry over McConnell tabling the Garland nomination, angry over any number of things - and that some are channeling their anger into getting even with Trump no matter what it takes. I don't think that's anything close to the majority of Democrats, but there has been a vocal element about that even since before he took office from some of the same people who before the election were chanting some kind of nonsense they obviously never believed about "accepting the election results."

However......

Since if I know that Trump HAS to know that, wouldn't you think if he's as smart as he thinks that he would be even MORE CAREFUL to not do anything that can make their jobs easier? The Russian collusion allegation was a mess all the way around, and let's just say for the sake of argument that Trump was an innocent. Let's assume that.

What kind of person who has just survived an inquiry and has watched the special counsel go testify before Congress then THE VERY NEXT DAY basically tries to extort an American ally for some dirt on his presumed opposition in the next election. I mean, how dumb is that? This is the drug dealer who just walked out of the courtroom after a case of "there wasn't enough evidence to go to trial" and getting on his cell phone and ordering the murder of one of his underlings.....while the cell phone has been secretly tapped.

And then you have his chief lawyer boasting about him doing it.
And him boasting about it.

And then turning on an alleged witness and dismissing what the witness has to say (how would he know what the witness is going to say unless he knows he's guilty? This is pretty basic).

Keep this in mind: many fine veterans like you and I - with names like McCain, Mattis, and McMaster (among others) - have TRIED to get this guy to actually listen to knowledge. Trump is now the equivalent of the commander in Vietnam who is looking for more lines on his combat resume and wants to send a bunch of guys into a known suicide mission so he can put down on his application for officer promotion that he "heroically oversaw the Battle of Quid Pro Quo."

I'll leave it at open ended at this point. My own experience with people tells me that most folks - while we're all a mixture of saint and sinner - are fundamentally decent people (though my own evangelical position sees us as both responsible for and victims of a Fall). I'm not going to tell you that you have to support impeaching the President over this if your convictions do not lead you in that direction.

But I also believe that you are wise enough to never just follow ANY order from a superior, either. The key word in that oath is LAWFUL.

Have a wonderful Veterans Day, Bama Jama 17.

And again - thank you for your honorable service to this great country.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
I hate to say it but many conservatives in this country are functionally indistinguishable from a fascist. Not all, you gotta judge the individual on their own merits but I don't think I'm inaccurate. American conservatism is in a troubling place and they've effectively succeeded in establishing a minority rule situation through existing political systems (electoral college) and gerrymandering. That makes it all the more scary because most Americans are not fascist, maybe not even most conservatives, but it is now exceedingly easy for fascism to sway our entire country's direction.

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al
https://www.al.com/news/2019/11/fun...ho-stabbed-baby-trump-balloon-tops-42000.html

[FONT=&quot]Fundraising efforts for Hoyt Hutchinson, the Alabama man who faces charges in connection to the stabbing of a Baby Trump balloon in Tuscaloosa last weekend, have topped $40,000.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The GoFundMe, started by Hutchinson, had raised $42,039 as of Monday night. Donations - ranging from $5 to $25 – came from 1,800 people, blowing away the original goal of $6,000. Any money that wasn’t used for legal fees would go towards Donald Trump’s 2020 election campaign, Hutchinson said.[/FONT]

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Doesn’t Gofundme ban legal defense funds? I have read they are going to refund the donations but haven’t seen an official statement from them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al
from the link

[FONT=&quot]The Facebook page of the People’s Motorcade, the organization that rents out the Baby Trump balloons, contains a link on how to report GoFundMe fraud. The link was posted Nov. 10, the day after the slashing.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]GoFundMe’s terms of service prohibit fundraising campaigns “to be for the legal defense of alleged crimes associated with hate, violence, harassment, bullying, discrimination, terrorism, or intolerance of any kind relating to race, ethnicity, national origin, religious affiliation, sexual orientation, sex, gender or gender identity, serious disabilities or diseases, or financial crimes or crimes of deception.”[/FONT]

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
There's a discussion on the football board speculating about our chances to make the playoffs.

It's pretty much a given to many Bama fans that when Coach Bryant was denied his three-peat in 1966 national animosity towards George Wallace was responsible.

Will the standing ovation Trump got on national tv in Bryany-Denny have any bearing on how things turn out? I'd certainly like to think it would be a non-factor but everything else seems up-side-down these days so I wonder...

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
There's a discussion on the football board speculating about our chances to make the playoffs.

It's pretty much a given to many Bama fans that when Coach Bryant was denied his three-peat in 1966 national animosity towards George Wallace was responsible.

Will the standing ovation Trump got on national tv in Bryany-Denny have any bearing on how things turn out? I'd certainly like to think it would be a non-factor but everything else seems up-side-down these days so I wonder...
no, it won't have a thing to do with it

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
https://www.al.com/news/2019/11/hoy...alls-radio-show-says-it-was-good-vs-evil.html

Here is the Rick and Bubba interview in which Rick and Bubba defend a felon and encourage more idiots.

A Family Show
totally not what i expected upon opening the link

I watch the news every night. I watch Fox News every night. Tucker Carlson and Sean Hannity are my favorite two anchors.

"I see this stuff going on out west and up north and all other places. I get so mad about people not taking a stand. The left wants to use religion against you like you shouldn’t act like this and stuff but I’ll tell you this - the Devil knows the Bible as good as we do.”

“This was your turning of the temple tables?” Burgess asked in reference to the Biblical story of Jesus turning over the tables of the money changers in the temple.

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
Maybe I missed it but whose box did Trump go to and did he stay the full game?
I don’t know whose box. He was at about the 35 yd line on the northeast side. My daughter said she saw him in the 4th quarter. I only saw him as he was receiving his adulation. He was orange therefore should have received more boos than he did.:D

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I don’t know whose box. He was at about the 35 yd line on the northeast side. My daughter said she saw him in the 4th quarter. I only saw him as he was receiving his adulation. He was orange therefore should have received more boos than he did.:D
Towards the end of the 3rd quarter there was a period in which the majority of the student section was saying Expletive Trump pretty loud. Alot of folks in my section tried to say Trump 2020 to drown them out.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
sounds like rick and bubba have their finger on the pulse
I dont listen to "Early morning Fat men laughing with their mouth wide open" talk shows because its one of the most annoying things to listen to when Im in the "I hate everyone because Im going to work early" mindset. But for some reason most of the people I know do, and Rick and Bubba just happen to be the most popular in the State since Mark and Brian left. Rick and Bubba are just the thing that most of the locals listen to.

I think my big issue with Rick and Bubba is that they try to promote their Christian Faith while also going all in on Trump. They are very hypocritical.

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
Towards the end of the 3rd quarter there was a period in which the majority of the student section was saying Expletive Trump pretty loud. Alot of folks in my section tried to say Trump 2020 to drown them out.
I never heard that. I was directly opposite the student section and thought I could hear them booing during the USA, USA chant. I was absolutely surrounded by Trumpers.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I never heard that. I was directly opposite the student section and thought I could hear them booing during the USA, USA chant. I was absolutely surrounded by Trumpers.
This was at the TV timeout before Dixieland Delight. I dont know how loud it was on the otherside of the stadium, but I was in the upper deck at the 40 yard line and could hear it clearly. A bunch of the MAGAs around me were shouting back obsenities and how they should consider it an honor to be in the same building as the president.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.