POTUS to attend Bama LSU game

• Bama Gymnastics @ NCAA Championship Semi-finals (ESPN2 | TONIGHT - 4/18 @ 8pm CT). We will have a game thread going in the Women's Sports board. Come join us!

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
1) You misspelled “yuge.”

2) I guess he figures they won’t boo him in Alabama like they did in DC.

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
Re: REPORT: Alabama ‘Making Preparations’ For Donald Trump To Attend LSU Showdown

Oh my.....Lol...

Headed to NS (MP and R) in 5......4.......3......2....1....

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
Re: REPORT: Alabama ‘Making Preparations’ For Donald Trump To Attend LSU Showdown

So it would appear that he is a Bama fan... :cool2:

Blueguitar

3rd Team
Nov 19, 2017
Normally I'd be against booing the President, any President. Not in this case. He tries to turn every event into a glorification of himself. If he gets respectful applause you know he'll turn that into a tweet about how 100,000 people wildly cheered for him. I'm not urging anyone to boo him, and I'm not predicting that there will be a lot of boos when he is introduced, but if that it what happens, he brought it on himself.

Special K

All-American
Feb 8, 2008

Forget politics. I don't want the visit simply because I want 100% of the focus to be on the game - by players, coaches, fans, and media alike. Not interested in sideshows this week.

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
I plan to boo LOUDLY.

Hasn’t he got better things to do?

Jackass. Stay in DC and call your buddy, Vladimir. You guys can talk about old times.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La

It's all about that base, bout that base........

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa

This is not good. Security will be a nightmare. In addition to which, getting him into and out of Tuscaloosa will cause all sorts of disruption.

It was a snafu of monumental proportions at the Atlanta NCG in the Mercedes Dome, and that was in a city and at a venue that have the expertise to handle it. Neither Tuscaloosa nor the University is set up for this.

Moved to NS. In the few minutes it took me to write the above in the midst of handling a call, it diverged from anything having to do with either football or the game. Non-Sports it is.

Last edited:

jthomas666

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2002
Birmingham & Warner Robins

At least he's not a democrat
He's a liar, a cheater, a crook, he consistently puts his own interests--not to mentions the interests of OUR ENEMIES--ahead of those of the country.

But yeah, at least he's not a democrat.

Prediction--He'll browbeat ESPN into making him guest picker.
Will Pick Bama.
Will claim that all the ensuing cheers are for him.

Last edited:

Rama Jama

All-American
Jan 4, 2011
Tuscaloosa

Please do not boo. Respect the office if not the man. I am no Trump supporter, but regardless of who is the current President, we should show respect regardless of our feeling about him.

I was there when he came to the NC in Atlanta. It was a problem if you didn't get to the stadium really early.

RTR beat the Bengal Tigas!

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I’ve been apart 2 presidential details when Obama went to Iowa for the Caucus. It’s Hell on a major city like Omaha and Des Moines, but it is way worse for some mid sized city in the middle of unincorporated land miles away from an air force flight line or major airport.

I don’t think Tuscaloosa regional has the resources for AF1, and I’m hoping that doesn’t mean we have a convoy of cars coming from Birmingham, Meridian, or Montgomery like I think we might. Hopefully he lands At Maxwell and flies Marine 1 to Tuscaloosa Regional and does the convoy from there. But either way there are going to be a lot of fans struggling to get into Ttown before halftime because he decided to grace us with a visit.

Hopefully this will hurt his base for this massive inconvenience.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.