Trump will be attending Saturday.

GP for Bama

All-American
Feb 3, 2011
Didn't Clinton attend a Bama-Arkansas game in the 1990s? Something makes me think that. Or was he a candidate then?
Clinton attended the Bama-Arkansas game in Little Rock in 1992 before he was elected President.

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
I’m glad I’m not working parking and security this weekend. It would be awful anyway and this would make it so much worse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Evil Crimson Dragon

Hall of Fame
Feb 4, 2018
Marietta, GA
This is exciting! The President coming to a Bama home game is a big deal! (Regardless of who is currently the President).
I know Nixon went to the 1969 "Game of the Century" between #1 Texas and #2 Arkansas.
Other than some Army-Navy games, I can't remember a sitting President attending another regular season college football game.
IIRC, JFK went to a Bama/Oklahoma bowl game......... which Bama won

Titans&Tide

1st Team
Jul 22, 2000
Tuscaloosa, AL USA
www.kornegay.us
They can land the smaller presidential aircraft at TCL. They use a 757 when the 747 won't fit.

NOTE: I was replying to the poster on Page 1 who was talking about AF1 not being able to land at TCL and him having to drive in from BHM or Meridian or Jackson.

Last edited:

skrayper77

All-American
Sep 4, 2003
Traffic is going to be terrible. I remember trying to drive through on gamedays in the mid 90s; with the larger BDS, presidential cavalcade, and ESPN Gameday all present?

Makes me REALLY glad I'm not going to the game in person.

TitleWave

All-American
Dec 3, 2012
I can see it now...the Presidential helicopter sets down at mid-field right before kickoff...
You never know, but trust me, if that were to be the case, it'd be done with TLC and a great familiarity with BDS, with a 'Bama honors graduate at the controls of Marine One.

TIDE24

1st Team
Jan 12, 2000
Bartlett, TN
Forget that for a moment, and consider that Tuscaloosa Regional will either have to be upgraded or passed over in security plans to be able to hold AF1. So there is a more than good chance that the presidential convoy is coming from Montgomery, Meridian, Jackson, or Birmingham.
Most likely it will be GTR

jashleyren2

1st Team
Aug 27, 2018
This news is actually making me second guess coming down to the game at all. I was going to drive down from Bham about 9am for a tailgate. Not going INTO the game, as that budget passed me by years ago. Now, not sure I’ll come to tailgate.

If I do come, I’ll plan on coming down to Montevallo and driving across Bibb County, instead of even going near I459 and I59. I live in Pelham, so that’s actually not a bad route, though it adds a few miles.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
This news is actually making me second guess coming down to the game at all. I was going to drive down from Bham about 9am for a tailgate. Not going INTO the game, as that budget passed me by years ago. Now, not sure I’ll come to tailgate.

If I do come, I’ll plan on coming down to Montevallo and driving across Bibb County, instead of even going near I459 and I59. I live in Pelham, so that’s actually not a bad route, though it adds a few miles.
If you make it down, definitely drop by the Tidefans tent and say hi.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama

Tuscaloosa presents a huge challenge for a presidential motorcade ( and yes regardless of if he takes a helicopter into Tuscaloosa Regional there will still be a motorcade). The problem with Tuscaloosa is that there are only two major ways to get into UA, and one of them will probably be shut down where he can have a clear escape route back to the airfield. So you are either looking at the whole town of Tuscaloosa being shut off from the world because they shut most of Lurleen down or a good chunk of McFarland shut down if he goes that route.

I would advise anyone who plans on going to plan to be in Tuscaloosa by 11 am regardless of which route he chooses.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.