Trump will be attending Saturday.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Lord! That would be so much better than a convoy...

I’ve seen people run out of gas parked waiting for the convoy to go 3 miles Ahead during one. Just imagine all the folks stuck in Mcalla already having to wait even longer because the detail went from Birmingham to Tuscaloosa.

trenda

Hall of Fame
May 17, 2000
Hendersonville, TN USA
Be best to leave REALLY early to get there
Yeah, I can't leave until Saturday (Friday Night Lights); so will be leaving Nashville at 5:30 so the kids can partake in some of the Gameday and SEC Nation festivities. This just adds another layer on . . .

We sure love our Crimson Tide!!!!

Evil Crimson Dragon

Hall of Fame
Feb 4, 2018
Marietta, GA
That will probably be best case scenario. But it’s still going to be hell on everyone involved. I think parking it At Maxwell and taking M1 over to Tuscaloosa Regional is the best idea because Maxwell has the necessary security to handle AF1 and it’s entourage of planes. Birmingham would be a good alternative since they have a ANG airfield there.
I imagine that is what will happen...………….easier to chopper in, then chopper back to AF1 at Maxwell and fly back to DC

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Is it possible he might land in Birmingham or at that air base in Meridian, then take one of those presidential choppers to Tuscaloosa. That would sure help the potential traffic nightmare.
That seems likely. A few years ago Biden IIRC did that when going to Selma. Took a chopper to the old base in Selma rather than taking a convoy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
About all we can really discuss here are the impacts on traffic, security, etc. I saw that a thread was started here which quickly went political and had to be moved to NS. If you have political remarks to make, please go to that board to make them...

rolltiderman

Scout Team
Aug 20, 2005
Parking AF1 at Montgomery Regional with the F16s would be good also. Anyway, security will be slow and Tuscaloosa will be a zoo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Anyone planning on coming to the game just come as early as possible and hang out at the Tidefans tent - thee will be tons of food and drinks as well as Tidefans. Might as well make a day of it and not be stressed trying to make it in at the last minute, come join us! More info here: Official TideFans meet-up plans for L8U @ Alabama (Sat, Nov 9th)

I don't know how early people will be there, but I should be there with some Chick-Fil-A for folks to munch on by 9AM.

GP for Bama

All-American
Feb 3, 2011
This is exciting! The President coming to a Bama home game is a big deal! (Regardless of who is currently the President).
I know Nixon went to the 1969 "Game of the Century" between #1 Texas and #2 Arkansas.
Other than some Army-Navy games, I can't remember a sitting President attending another regular season college football game.

Last edited:

rtrbama1

1st Team
May 31, 2015
This is exciting! The President coming to a Bama home game is a big deal! (Regardless of who is currently the President).
I know Nixon went to the 1969 "Game of the Century" between #1 Texas and #2 Arkansas.
Other than some Army-Navy games, I can't remember a sitting President attending another regular season college football game.
Didn't Clinton attend a Bama-Arkansas game in the 1990s? Something makes me think that. Or was he a candidate then?

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.