Trump will be attending Saturday.

TIDE24

1st Team
Jan 12, 2000
Bartlett, TN
Has nothing to do with anything political, but as someone who is planning on attending, I am not happy about this. The security at BDS is going to be ridiculous!

Krymsonman

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2009
River Ridge, LA
That's the thing with this. No matter who the President is, anywhere they go the security is crazy, and it just seems to screw up all of the normal routines.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Has nothing to do with anything political, but as someone who is planning on attending, I am not happy about this. The security at BDS is going to be ridiculous!
Forget that for a moment, and consider that Tuscaloosa Regional will either have to be upgraded or passed over in security plans to be able to hold AF1. So there is a more than good chance that the presidential convoy is coming from Montgomery, Meridian, Jackson, or Birmingham.

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't he attend the National Championship game too?

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA
Yes, in Atlanta. Crowds outside and security were a nightmare.
Yep, I was in line outside for 2 hours in the cold/rain due to security for Trump, among mostly UGA fans. It was so packed, people were touching elbows. I don't like being that close to people, especially when they are coughing without covering their mouths. I got the flu a few days later, only the 2nd time I had ever had the flu. I was sick for 12 days but it was worth it since we won in such an exciting way!

trenda

Hall of Fame
May 17, 2000
Hendersonville, TN USA
Forget that for a moment, and consider that Tuscaloosa Regional will either have to be upgraded or passed over in security plans to be able to hold AF1. So there is a more than good chance that the presidential convoy is coming from Montgomery, Meridian, Jackson, or Birmingham.
That's what I'm thinking as well. Which means traffic is just going to be impossible.

Krymsonman

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2009
River Ridge, LA
Is it possible he might land in Birmingham or at that air base in Meridian, then take one of those presidential choppers to Tuscaloosa. That would sure help the potential traffic nightmare.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Is it possible he might land in Birmingham or at that air base in Meridian, then take one of those presidential choppers to Tuscaloosa. That would sure help the potential traffic nightmare.
That will probably be best case scenario. But it’s still going to be hell on everyone involved. I think parking it At Maxwell and taking M1 over to Tuscaloosa Regional is the best idea because Maxwell has the necessary security to handle AF1 and it’s entourage of planes. Birmingham would be a good alternative since they have a ANG airfield there.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.