CFN: LSU vs. Alabama Fearless Prediction, Game Preview

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Bama has beaten LSU five of the last six times by double-digits, and hasn’t lost in the series since that 2011 regular-season classic. But this is a much, much different Tiger team than anything Nick Saban’s program has had to face.

Both offenses will have their moments, and the loser will look strong enough to be a lock in the “four best team” argument the College Football Playoff types are going to have over the next month, but …

No matter who’s at quarterback, the Alabama offense will be a bit more balanced, it’ll control the clock just enough at times to matter, and the team will be a +1 in turnover margin. Being at home will make a wee bit of a difference, too.

Demand a classic.

LSU vs. Alabama Fearless Prediction, Game Preview

i'll take it!

(I'm simply ignoring the other, earlier thread as while I'm not superstitious, I'm not gonna be stupid about this, either...) :)

PA Tide Fan

All-American
Dec 11, 2014
Lancaster, PA
I'm surprised they gave their prediction so early in the week. I thought they'd need the maximum time allowed to mull over this one.

trenda

Hall of Fame
May 17, 2000
Hendersonville, TN USA
Auburn’s defense is fantastic – Joe Burrow hit 76% of his throws for 321 yards and a score.
Where's Paul Harvey when you need him? CFN is not telling the rest of the story here (or maybe they didn't watch the game and really don't know). When your OL is getting away with multiple holds on every pass play, it's easier to complete passes. Also . . . he put up those numbers and LSU scored about 20 points below their average. I don't care if Burrows throws for 800 yards Saturday if all they put up is 23 points. With only 23 points, I'm feeling good about Bama winning the game.

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA
I read the transcript of Coach O's press conference. He sure is bold in what he says. I guess that's just his passion and personality.

He said they had been working on the Bama game since the spring. Aranda has been working even longer on it. Should be interesting.

I wonder how long Saban and the coaches have been working on the LSU game? He will never admit it but we all know he has worked on them more than just the past few weeks.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
I just think Najee goes off.

I think Aranda gets his LBs moving and dropping to defend the slant, and in turn opens up the middle and we gash them for 7-10 yards per run.

People are under-rating Sark. And I believe that Saban saw something in Golding for games just like this one.

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA
I just think Najee goes off.

I think Aranda gets his LBs moving and dropping to defend the slant, and in turn opens up the middle and we gash them for 7-10 yards per run.

People are under-rating Sark. And I believe that Saban saw something in Golding for games just like this one.

Hope you are right !

I watched Thinking Out Loud last night. They did an analysis on LSU v Bama. Both Marcus and Greg picked Aranda over Sark with the playcalling/trust factor.

Tide-one-on

All-SEC
Aug 14, 2003
Pensacola, FL 32514
I posted the other thread. I was just surprised they had posted it so early and thought it was worth reading...I will accept my 30 lashes!! :) Please delete the other thread!!

Last edited:

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007
Read a story on al.com, in which O sounded really confident. Of course, he led the line dance into Tiger Stadium last year, not long before he and his team were swallowed whole.

I read the transcript of Coach O's press conference. He sure is bold in what he says. I guess that's just his passion and personality.

He said they had been working on the Bama game since the spring. Aranda has been working even longer on it. Should be interesting.

I wonder how long Saban and the coaches have been working on the LSU game? He will never admit it but we all know he has worked on them more than just the past few weeks.

Last edited:

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL

There are several ways you can go about preparing for a huge conflict. It does seem the L8U bunch from Coach O on down the line have chose to be somewhat brash about it. Nothing like the 1980s Miami Hurricanes to be sure, but certainly vastly different than we ever see from Nick Saban and his program.

We'll see how things go but I do not believe this benefits L8U.

CajunCrimson

Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
I posted the other thread. I was just surprised they had posted it so early and thought it was worth reading...I will accept my 30 lashes!! :) Please delete the other thread!!
OR pin-it as a permanent reminder to NEVER step out of bounds again ;)

Last edited:

CajunCrimson

Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
There are several ways you can go about preparing for a huge conflict. It does seem the L8U bunch from Coach O on down the line have chose to be somewhat brash about it. Nothing like the 1980s Miami Hurricanes to be sure, but certainly vastly different than we ever see from Nick Saban and his program.

We'll see how things go but I do not believe this benefits L8U.
You can act like you've been there before
Or

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

I saw Saturday's in the South from the 2000's and they interviewed Greg McElroy and he said they practiced for Tebow and Florida in the spring of 2009 and all summer and fall to stop them after the 2008 loss. Greg said they did not know at the time it was specifically for FLA until they played them and they had it down pat. So I do not doubt LSWho doing this for us and with that said, I'm sure we have been implementing a lot of LSWho throughout the year also.

CajunCrimson

Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
I saw Saturday's in the South from the 2000's and they interviewed Greg McElroy and he said they practiced for Tebow and Florida in the spring of 2009 and all summer and fall to stop them after the 2008 loss. Greg said they did not know at the time it was specifically for FLA until they played them and they had it down pat. So I do not doubt LSWho doing this for us and with that said, I'm sure we have been implementing a lot of LSWho throughout the year also.
I think LSU will try to duplicate what Clemson did -- but like I heard a guy say today - "unless Delpit can split himself into 3 people, Tua will eat them up" --

Because we have more weapons then they have skilled DBs to stop them.....

I think we run 4 WR routes -- with Najee/BRob split wide, or running the draw -- they have 2 excellent DBs and Delpit -- after that who's covering Waddle? and Delpit may be good, but can he run with any of these guys?

They don't have the DL to do what Clemson did -- so I'm not overly concerned with anything that they've got planned.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
I think LSU will try to duplicate what Clemson did -- but like I heard a guy say today - "unless Delpit can split himself into 3 people, Tua will eat them up" --

Because we have more weapons then they have skilled DBs to stop them.....

I think we run 4 WR routes -- with Najee/BRob split wide, or running the draw -- they have 2 excellent DBs and Delpit -- after that who's covering Waddle? and Delpit may be good, but can he run with any of these guys?

They don't have the DL to do what Clemson did -- so I'm not overly concerned with anything that they've got planned.
This will be the difference in the game. Our OL will eat up their DL.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.