Link: Keep talking, Ed...

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
From living in Louisiana, I found that one does not have to hunt particularly hard to find those with an overabundance of confidence when it comes to LSU football. That`s even in pretty bad times. Let them win a couple of ball games.....unbelievably insufferable. They`ve never been to the heights with enough frequency or staying power to learn how to handle it with some semblance of grace. Coach Bryant`s " Act like you`ve been there before " is an alien concept!
Yep. I live in Louisiana and this is very true. It doesn't take much AT ALL for them to become like a bad case of herpes. Insufferable doesn't even begin to describe it.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Yep. I live in Louisiana and this is very true. It doesn't take much AT ALL for them to become like a bad case of herpes. Insufferable doesn't even begin to describe it.
Some of my dad's cousins from NOLA came up last weekend. They were talking about the game. DYK? LSU would win by 21+ if the game was in Baton Rouge?

I kept my mouth shut the entire time.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
Some of my dad's cousins from NOLA came up last weekend. They were talking about the game. DYK? LSU would win by 21+ if the game was in Baton Rouge?

I kept my mouth shut the entire time.
I told several of my co-workers they better pray to God above LSU wins or they better have a ton of accumulated sick days. Because as much crap as I've had to endure at work for the last month. When Alabama wins I will be the absolute WORST winner ever for the rest of the season and probably beyond.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
It's smothering ..... and it's people who NEVER talk about football, ever. All of a sudden -- experts everywhere. Burrow is being treated like he's Drew Brees.... and yet hasn't won anything..... floors me

Jkl0802

1st Team
Apr 9, 2015
Stuttgart, Germany
I don't know. Maybe they like to hear themselves talk? :wink:
You are absolutely wrong if you think motivation doesn’t play a part in winning a game. The folks who say bad mouthing by the other team doesn’t matter after the opening kickoff are fools like Paul Finebaum and Heather Dinich who have never lined up opposite another man in the trenches and fought each play to see who would dominate who.

Making your ass quite is a real thing when you are getting beaten each snap by a fired up monster... and you realize you are in for 60 minutes of ass whooping, and there is absolutely nothing you can do about it other than hope the game ends as quickly as possible.

Last edited:

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
You are absolutely wrong if you think motivation doesn’t play a part in winning a game. The folks who say bad mouthing by the other team doesn’t matter after the opening kickoff are fools like Paul Finebaum and Heather Dinich who have never lined up opposite another man in the trenches and fought each play to see who would dominate who.

Making your ass quite is a real thing when you are getting beaten each snap by a fired up monster... and you realize you are in for 60 minutes of ass whooping, and there is absolutely nothing you can do about it other than hope the game ends as quickly as possible.
I was trying to be polite, but saying that being dissed doesn't make a difference after the kickoff does sound like someone who's never played competitive sports. I used to repeat it to myself all game long. Most coaches also believe it makes a real difference...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.