Link: Keep talking, Ed...

scrybe

3rd Team
Sep 6, 2019
I fully expect Bama to defeat LSU, and the Tide players won't need bulletin board material from Ed O. to provide their motivation.

That sort of thing is almost always forgotten once play begins and has zero factor in the outcome of the game.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I fully expect Bama to defeat LSU, and the Tide players won't need bulletin board material from Ed O. to provide their motivation.

That sort of thing is almost always forgotten once play begins and has zero factor in the outcome of the game.
Then why do some players mention such things in post-game interviews? :D

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
Some day LSU is going to have to either stay quiet or back up their talk. Seems like every year now you expect at least 1 LSU player/coach to say something coming into this game. This year its a bit louder.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

I can think of several examples of bulletin board stuff that made Alabama mad with one being the Vandy player a couple of years ago. No offense but your statement is not correct.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I don't know. Maybe they like to hear themselves talk? :wink:
No, I think they use it as internal motivation. I know I've had some of them tell me that and I don't think they were saying it to hear themselves talk. It's just human nature. You're entitled to your opinion, which I'd guess is cast in stone...

jashleyren2

1st Team
Aug 27, 2018
Thanks for posting that. No one in the country has receivers like Alabama. They are the difference between being a good team, and a team that cannot be stopped.

scrybe

3rd Team
Sep 6, 2019
I can think of several examples of bulletin board stuff that made Alabama mad with one being the Vandy player a couple of years ago. No offense but your statement is not correct.
I don't disagree that certain statements by an opposing player or coach can get a player(s) riled up. I just don't happen to believe that getting mad makes one play better. In fact, I think the opposite is more often true. Just my opinion and I could certainly be wrong.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
I don't disagree that certain statements by an opposing player or coach can get a player(s) riled up. I just don't happen to believe that getting mad makes one play better. In fact, I think the opposite is more often true. Just my opinion and I could certainly be wrong.
I don't think its about getting riled up during the game. I think its about extra motivation during the week which helps you do the work necessary to be your best for the game. But i too could be wrong

bamacpa

All-American
Jul 19, 2006
Well, it does appear to me their receivers are pretty good, and they are the only group I’ve seen that seems comparable to ours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La

;)

This is one of those times -- where it's better to let it go...... just saying!

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
From living in Louisiana, I found that one does not have to hunt particularly hard to find those with an overabundance of confidence when it comes to LSU football. That`s even in pretty bad times. Let them win a couple of ball games.....unbelievably insufferable. They`ve never been to the heights with enough frequency or staying power to learn how to handle it with some semblance of grace. Coach Bryant`s " Act like you`ve been there before " is an alien concept!

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Well, it does appear to me their receivers are pretty good, and they are the only group I’ve seen that seems comparable to ours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The question is, is can we stop their big 2 receivers?

And, can they stop our 4?

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
"Getting mad" has absolutely nothing to do with it. I'm a former (younger) distance runner. I used all sorts of internalized motivations, just like football players do...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.