Herb Update?

JeffwallaceUA

BamaNation Citizen
Mar 22, 2019
I was at the game last night. We didn't look great. When herb was out there he was the best player on the floor imo. Any updates on his elbow?

beatthemtigers

All-American
Jan 4, 2006
It was obvious on the television he was the best player on the court as well, he was flyng around everywhere! Our defense took a serious hit. But Coach said it was a day-day and if he could play next game he would. MRI today, haven’t seen results yet

Rama Jama

All-American
Jan 4, 2011
Tuscaloosa
Elbow is what I heard. He tried to warm up in the 2nd half and seemed to be dragging his arm which is a bad sign. Hope we get him back. If we had him on the floor, I think we win. He had like 8 points in the 1st 10 minutes. Kira is our best player. Herb may develop into a better player, but at this point it is Kira. Shackleford is not far behind and may be the best player by the end of this year.

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
Elbow is what I heard. He tried to warm up in the 2nd half and seemed to be dragging his arm which is a bad sign. Hope we get him back. If we had him on the floor, I think we win. He had like 8 points in the 1st 10 minutes. Kira is our best player. Herb may develop into a better player, but at this point it is Kira. Shackleford is not far behind and may be the best player by the end of this year.
I loved when Herb brought the ball up and realized he had an open lane to try to dunk ... an explosive play. I think his attitude to play explosively is whats going to help this team be successful. Seems like CNO is preaching to them to be smart and also aggressive

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
Herb is a fantastic athlete, but his passing and shooting are often just bad. We definitely need his energy, defense, and rebounding ability, though. Kira is easily the best player on this team, IMO. The Shackleford kid's shot does not look like one that will be consistent, but I hope he proves me wrong. We need more consistent shooters.

BamaMike05

All-American
Jul 4, 2009
Huntsville, Alabama, United States
Herb is a fantastic athlete, but his passing and shooting are often just bad. We definitely need his energy, defense, and rebounding ability, though. Kira is easily the best player on this team, IMO. The Shackleford kid's shot does not look like one that will be consistent, but I hope he proves me wrong. We need more consistent shooters.
Where you at the exhibition game? I was when he was 6 for 10 from 3. I’ve also been to a practice where he knocked down nearly everything that he shot. You could tell that he was rushing and not getting his feet set I. The first real game. Thats an easy fix. I think you’ll get your wish and be wrong. His form isn’t conventional, but he is a shooter and can fill it up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dayhiker

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Dec 8, 2000
Pell City, AL
Your comments are based on last year. Is it fair to hold any of them to their performance last year? No it is not.

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
Where you at the exhibition game? I was when he was 6 for 10 from 3. I’ve also been to a practice where he knocked down nearly everything that he shot. You could tell that he was rushing and not getting his feet set I. The first real game. Thats an easy fix. I think you’ll get your wish and be wrong. His form isn’t conventional, but he is a shooter and can fill it up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That is awesome, and I am glad to hear it. I have a feeling that we are going to need a lot of threes this year.

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
Your comments are based on last year. Is it fair to hold any of them to their performance last year? No it is not.
Huh? Are you talking about my comments about Herb? If so, I've only seen him play for about ten minutes this year because he got injured the other night, so I'm not sure how my comments could be about anything other than past experience. I'm hoping Herb develops his game because we certainly need him this year.

dayhiker

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Dec 8, 2000
Pell City, AL
Huh? Are you talking about my comments about Herb? If so, I've only seen him play for about ten minutes this year because he got injured the other night, so I'm not sure how my comments could be about anything other than past experience. I'm hoping Herb develops his game because we certainly need him this year.
I am. It seemed bad form to trash him on a thread simply asking about the status of his elbow.

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
I am. It seemed bad form to trash him on a thread simply asking about the status of his elbow.
Trash him? I think I bragged on him about his athletic ability, defense, energy, and rebounding. I hope his passing and shooting also develop because he could be a key to our season. I am really hoping his injury is not serious. I think an honest critique leads to good discussion, but I can see how it could be taken that way since this thread was about his injury. That's my bad.

Rama Jama

All-American
Jan 4, 2011
Tuscaloosa
I hope the injury was just superficial, but it looked bad at the game. You never know until the elbow is examined. He would be our only decent defender inside.

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
The silence is deafening on the MRI news. Can only hope for good news soon for Herb.
Hoping the same honestly. I wouldnt be surprised if he sat against Florida Atlantic next Monday. If all goes well, hopefully we will see the first game for JQ :)

JeffwallaceUA

BamaNation Citizen
Mar 22, 2019
Trash him? I think I bragged on him about his athletic ability, defense, energy, and rebounding. I hope his passing and shooting also develop because he could be a key to our season. I am really hoping his injury is not serious. I think an honest critique leads to good discussion, but I can see how it could be taken that way since this thread was about his injury. That's my bad.
Defense, energy, and athleticism are his strengths. He can also get anywhere on the court he wants and his passing is underrated. He's an above average facilitator. His finishing ability and his jump shot were trash last year. His shot looked much better from the free throw line in the first game this year. He looked like the best all around player in the first game this year and I believe, of all the players we have now, he will be the most successful player and have a good long career as a roll player in the NBA. Jamychal Green like career. 3 and D guy maybe. I love Herb.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.