Ryan Clark - Joe Burrow is a Better QB than Tua

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Of course you don't......lol
So Jalen didn't drastically improve as a quarterback between both UGA games in your mind?

Also -- you might draft a Quinnen Williams who came on strong after a handful of games.....

Who was selected 3rd overall

but to ordain a QB like Burrow who's basically had 8 games where he's performed at an elite level is dreadfully short sighted..... and to say that he's this "Tom Brady"/"Drew Brees" esque QB is pretty laughable at this stage.....
Ive never said or hinted at either . I think you just have too much Corndog on the mind since this is their two weeks to be loud and obnoxious. Don't worry it will be over soon once we whoop them by 17-21 points in 4 days. :biggrin::BigA:

Last edited:

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
I just don't see that at all. I may be wrong but I think Tua will be an amazing pro QB...much better than Burrow IMHO.
Yep. I see Tua starting day 1 for somebody and don't see Burrow doing the same. So Burrow has a very average junior year and then the guy plays 8 games in a new offense nobody is used to and saying he is going to be better than Tua with his resume is quite the stretch IMO.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
Idk have you guys watched Burrow this year? Burrow is good. Very. I have no idea who will be the better Pro but I wouldn't be surprised if it went either way.

The NFL is terrible at scouting QBs so I don't know why TideFans would be any better.

That said, I do think Tua will be an upper tier NFL QB assuming he stays healthy and doesn't turn into Sam Bradford. But I've been wrong PLENTY when it comes to QBs.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
Can someone tell me the differences between our offense and L8U's? How much more often are they throwing deep balls this year? I've watched all of our games but only 3 of L8U's. To me, however, their offense appears very similar to ours. They are throwing short, or intermediate throws and letting the WRs do the majority of the work. I'm not trying to take away from Burrow in the least, but I am trying to understand where this notion of him being better than Tua is actually coming from. Before Sark came in this year, Tua was dealing dimes on bombs. Burrow was never doing that before...

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Can someone tell me the differences between our offense and L8U's? How much more often are they throwing deep balls this year? I've watched all of our games but only 3 of L8U's. To me, however, their offense appears very similar to ours. They are throwing short, or intermediate throws and letting the WRs do the majority of the work. I'm not trying to take away from Burrow in the least, but I am trying to understand where this notion of him being better than Tua is actually coming from. Before Sark came in this year, Tua was dealing dimes on bombs. Burrow was never doing that before...
Their best 4 players are Burrow, Jefferson, Chase, and Edwards-Helaire. If we limit what those 3 can do then we win going away because they are the homerun threats that they have. Their offense is like ours in that they play the 10-15 yard game until the homerun is open, but we are deeper and have a better defense than them.

Last edited:

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
I wish the NCAA would outlaw the “back shoulder throw”. I hate that play as much as the HUNH offense and the 3 yard lineman blocking down field.

Last edited:

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
Idk have you guys watched Burrow this year? Burrow is good. Very. I have no idea who will be the better Pro but I wouldn't be surprised if it went either way.

The NFL is terrible at scouting QBs so I don't know why TideFans would be any better.

That said, I do think Tua will be an upper tier NFL QB assuming he stays healthy and doesn't turn into Sam Bradford. But I've been wrong PLENTY when it comes to QBs.
Just an opinion man. Dude is probably the best QB we have ever had. He is smart. He is athletic. He can sure read D's and put the ball where it needs to be with all the necessary throws. This Tidefan scout sees a hall of famer :D

Tenntiderman

All-American
Dec 1, 2017
Spring Hill, Tn
I dont see that much disrespect, just dumb ways to defend an opinion. Burrow probably will be the better NFL quarterback out of the two, but trying to use YAC as a reason to defend that opinion isn't really effective.
What if a trade deal sends Tua to....say...the Patriots and Burrow to the Bears or the Browns? Think Tua could flourish with an established Offensive Line? Think Burrow will get some boos in that scenario? I do. Just sayin. I respect Burrow immensely. I just think these jealous comparisons are completely stupid.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
What if a trade deal sends Tua to....say...the Patriots and Burrow to the Bears or the Browns? Think Tua could flourish with an established Offensive Line? Think Burrow will get some boos in that scenario? I do. Just sayin. I respect Burrow immensely. I just think these jealous comparisons are completely stupid.
The Patriots would never trade up to the Top 10 for a Qb. Plus what do they really have to trade?

Qbs are like nfl head coaches... it’s a revolving door that has few that can feel safe buying a house.

Last edited:

CrimsonTheory

All-American
Mar 26, 2012
CrimsonBleedRed
"Analysts" with ties to a school should not be asked to talk about that school during a discussion about an upcoming game. Ryan Clark should not give his opinion on anything LSU related, along with Marcus Spears. Greg McElroy with Bama. Galloway and Herbstreit with aOSU. None of these guys, not matter how professional they try to be---are going to be bias towards their school. Of course, Clark is going to say Burrow > Tua, it's not true, but as an LSU alumni he has to say it. Ryan Clark should not have taken the bait. He knew it would riled up Bama fans. Very few people outside of LSU country would take Burrows over Tua.

Tenntiderman

All-American
Dec 1, 2017
Spring Hill, Tn
The Patriots would never trade up to the Top 10 for a Qb. Plus what do they really have to trade?

Qbs are like nfl head coaches... it’s a revolving door that has few that can feel safe buying a house.
I just meant hypothetically. I realize that wouldnt happen because such a thing would mean the Pats are in trouble. But any team with an established OL vs a team like Miami. Just saying when Burrow starts viewing the world from his back...what will people be saying?

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.