Ryan Clark - Joe Burrow is a Better QB than Tua

RammerJammer15

All-American
Sep 9, 2012
Ryan Clark is an LSU homer and he also said that Fournette would run all over our defense in 2015. All the LSU guys at ESPN are so hyped for the game, can't wait to see their faces Monday.

This is my deal with the Burrow vs Tua convo, the whole Tua only throws short passes argument is dumb because, well what was Tua doing all last year? Throwing bombs, so the offense changed and now he's just as efficient and even more accurate that last season. Plus he's taking what the defense gives him.

Another thing to consider, Burrow needed a change in offense to be successful, Tua has played and been successful in three different offenses.

bigjue24

Suspended
Dec 2, 2009
Okeechobee, FL
Did all these talking head morons forget about last season. This change in the offensive philosophy has resulted in the YAC. Last year Tua was throwing bombs constantly. This team has changed to a more West Coast type system that stressed stretching the defense and field horizontally. This allows Bama to get the ball into these guys hands in space. Just like it did with guys like Jerry Rice when it was first coming to prominence.

How do you get one these jobs on these networks? It sure doesn't require a memory that goes beyond 9 months.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Ryan Clark is an LSU homer and he also said that Fournette would run all over our defense in 2015. All the LSU guys at ESPN are so hyped for the game, can't wait to see their faces Monday.

This is my deal with the Burrow vs Tua convo, the whole Tua only throws short passes argument is dumb because, well what was Tua doing all last year? Throwing bombs, so the offense changed and now he's just as efficient and even more accurate that last season. Plus he's taking what the defense gives him.

Another thing to consider, Burrow needed a change in offense to be successful, Tua has played and been successful in three different offenses.
Yep....what's funny to me, is that the analytical element from most of these guys is so "short sided" -- it's crazy.

It's like all of a sudden, Tua can't play in "big" games..... like he's a choke artist..... how soon we forget! I hope he comes out and crushes them....

I hope we win by 40 and it's embarrassing!!

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I dont see that much disrespect, just dumb ways to defend an opinion. Burrow probably will be the better NFL quarterback out of the two, but trying to use YAC as a reason to defend that opinion isn't really effective.

Last edited:

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
I really like Ryan Clark but he's full on LSU and I wouldn't take his opinion on this kind of stuff as objective lol

Cruloc

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2019
Good video, then Laura Rutledge tells me to download the ESPN app......... :)

CajunCrimson

Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
I dont see that much disrespect, just dumb ways to defend an opinion.
I think it's extremely disrespectful to disregard last year's performance -- and just take an 8 game window and disregard a 20+ game trend? Much of it while injured.....

But, even if you don't think that it was disrespectful to Tua -- I'm guessing many guys on the team might feel differently...

Cruloc

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2019
I've gone from slightly wary about how the team will perform....to....man I can't wait til kickoff because I think they come out ready to shut LSU up.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I think it's extremely disrespectful to disregard last year's performance -- and just take an 8 game window and disregard a 20+ game trend? Much of it while injured.....
I don't see how last year's game has any bearing on their NFL prospects. All of them said that Tua was the best college qb, but felt Burrow would be the better NFL one. I have no issue with either conclusion, just how they came up with the conclusion is what I have issue with.

But, even if you don't think that it was disrespectful to Tua -- I'm guessing many guys on the team might feel differently...

Maybe. But if we need every media soundbite to get up for the #2 team in the country, then I really question our motivation towards winning a national championship.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
I dont see that much disrespect, just dumb ways to defend an opinion. Burrow probably will be the better NFL quarterback out of the two, but trying to use YAC as a reason to defend that opinion isn't really effective.
I just don't see that at all. I may be wrong but I think Tua will be an amazing pro QB...much better than Burrow IMHO.

CajunCrimson

Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
I don't see how last year's game has any bearing on their NFL prospects. All of them said that Tua was the best college qb, but felt Burrow would be the better NFL one. I have no issue with either conclusion, just how they came up with the conclusion is what I have issue with.

Maybe. But if we need every media soundbite to get up for the #2 team in the country, then I really question our motivation towards winning a national championship.
Of course you don't......lol

Maybe you missed the other thread, talking about what college kids use as motivation.....

Also -- you might draft a Quinnen Williams who came on strong after a handful of games..... but to ordain a QB like Burrow who's basically had 8 games where he's performed at an elite level is dreadfully short sighted..... and to say that he's this "Tom Brady"/"Drew Brees" esque QB is pretty laughable at this stage.....

RammerJammer15

All-American
Sep 9, 2012
Did all these talking head morons forget about last season. This change in the offensive philosophy has resulted in the YAC. Last year Tua was throwing bombs constantly. This team has changed to a more West Coast type system that stressed stretching the defense and field horizontally. This allows Bama to get the ball into these guys hands in space. Just like it did with guys like Jerry Rice when it was first coming to prominence.

How do you get one these jobs on these networks? It sure doesn't require a memory that goes beyond 9 months.
The Media Last Season: “Tua needs to stop trying to look for the home run so much”

The Media This Season: “Tua is getting all the credit while his receivers does all the work, he can’t throw down the field!”

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.