OSU Heisman Candidate Chase Young out w/indefinite suspension....

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
Re: OSU Heisman Candidate Chase Young out w/indefinte suspension....

Not sure how to post a Twitter screenshot, but Bruce Feldman reports that if its a loan, was repaid and he can prove it, one game might suffice.

https://twitter.com/BruceFeldmanCFB/status/1192822902263074817

Didn't we have a similar incident with Julio and Ingram in 2008? They sat out a game (or maybe less) if I recall.

IIRC, a barner booster was trying to ruin Julio's and Ingram's eligibility... :cool2:

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art

With the way the NCAA is now, I really don't think Chase Young ends up suspended the rest of the season unless there's a lot more to the story. I don't really mind this way of handling things either, something relatively minor shouldn't end a player's career or destroy a team's season.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La

With the way the NCAA is now, I really don't think Chase Young ends up suspended the rest of the season unless there's a lot more to the story. I don't really mind this way of handling things either, something relatively minor shouldn't end a player's career or destroy a team's season.
I would think the only way this goes south, is if there is evidence that the school knew and hid it. Otherwise, I'm guessing it's fixed prior to the playoffs.

prattalumni

BamaNation Citizen
May 25, 2013
I am not sure that he is Chase's lawyer. He was one of the NCAA investigators who slammed OSU after the Tressel nightmare, so he is not a "friend of the program".
I know you don't know me or I you, but for my years of reading this board, you've got to be one of the classiest football fans I've ever seen. Even when things get dicey or in that gray area of fandom, I think I've always seen you stay very balanced and respectful. Kudos man, and cheers too!

Tider n LA

All-SEC
Dec 7, 2003
Alabama
This happened in 2018 but we are in November of 2019 and this decides to surface. Something seems strange to say the least. So where did he get the money to pay the loan back? I guess that is another subject.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
This happened in 2018 but we are in November of 2019 and this decides to surface. Something seems strange to say the least. So where did he get the money to pay the loan back? I guess that is another subject.
If he doesn't have a good answer for that, he is done at OSU.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
I know you don't know me or I you, but for my years of reading this board, you've got to be one of the classiest football fans I've ever seen. Even when things get dicey or in that gray area of fandom, I think I've always seen you stay very balanced and respectful. Kudos man, and cheers too!
B1G and Barrett are officially bonded for eternity

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN

To OSU fans, don't worry. It's Ohio State, Big Ten, so Young will be cleared. The Big Ten in general and OSU in particular are teflon to the NCAA.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
That is what I am hearing, and we need him back for PSU and UM.
Hehe, quite convenient how that worked out. Suspended for Maryland and Rutgers, who by the way were brilliant additions to the conference. Even if they're still cupcakes, they're also Power 5 teams!

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Hehe, quite convenient how that worked out. Suspended for Maryland and Rutgers, who by the way were brilliant additions to the conference. Even if they're still cupcakes, they're also Power 5 teams!
You are right, but if OSU was going to self-report with the thought to have him back for our toughest games, we would have done so a long time ago. Like Alabama, we have a very weak schedule this year, and it is back loaded. We just got lucky that we found out now rather than two weeks from now.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
You are right, but if OSU was going to self-report with the thought to have him back for our toughest games, we would have done so a long time ago. Like Alabama, we have a very weak schedule this year, and it is back loaded. We just got lucky that we found out now rather than two weeks from now.
Honestly I doubt they needed him to win in the regular season, but it sure doesn't hurt to have him for the big games.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.