OSU Heisman Candidate Chase Young out w/indefinite suspension....

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
Re: OSU Heisman Candidate Chase Young out w/indefinte suspension....

Uh oh. I hate this for B1GTide, but it could be good for us if we face them.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017

He should just pull a Bosa.

But honestly, I hope he comes back and is back by Penn State.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al

Word is that he took money from an agent. If that's true, he's pretty much done. Now, will they forfeit the season since he was playing as ineligible? Something to watch here.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art

That's a big deal, but if he is back for the playoffs it shouldn't matter. Ohio State could lose to Penn State and still make it in.

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001

Word is that he took money from an agent. If that's true, he's pretty much done. Now, will they forfeit the season since he was playing as ineligible? Something to watch here.
Surely it won't come to that.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

FWIW, I know nothing. I have been in CA all week on a business trip and pretty much unplugged. I am reaching out to friends to find out what happened, but I have nothing solid - just rumors that suggest that either he or a family member accepted $$$ from an agent.

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere

I wonder if this is true anymore. Seems like everything that we think makes sense, the NCAA doesn't do. I think things have changed a lot since Antonio Langham signed his name on a napkin back in 1993.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

That only happens if the program knew or should have known and took no action. I am hearing that OSU immediately self-reported this to the NCAA when we found out. If that is true, the penalties will likely be player suspension/ineligibility and nothing more.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

The most consistent rumor - that someone (an agent) paid for his family's trip to the Rose Bowl.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA

That only happens if the program knew or should have known and took no action. I am hearing that OSU immediately self-reported this to the NCAA when we found out. If that is true, the penalties will likely be player suspension/ineligibility and nothing more.
fwiw, and iirc, we self reported the whole book thing and still had to forfeit wins

jashleyren2

1st Team
Aug 27, 2018

He should just pull a Bosa.

But honestly, I hope he comes back and is back by Penn State.
Honestly, the guy is going to play a long time in the NFL, and make a lot of money. I hope he comes back for Penn State, but I think OSU is fine through the rest of their schedule, even without him. Playoffs might be a different story, but they are rolling to 13-0, IMO.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012

Why can't the school do this for the player's family? It makes absolutely zero sense why they cannot.
Actually, the NCAA allows a school to pay for a players family travel to a bowl game. I doubt that's what this is about..

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

Actually, the NCAA allows a school to pay for a players family travel to a bowl game. I doubt that's what this is about..
Yes, but it is limited in many ways, so I haven't totally discounted the possibility.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.