The LSU game will probably decide the Heisman winner - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    BamaNation All-American TIDEnGA's Avatar

Re: The LSU game will probably decide the Heisman winner

If LSU wins then yes that probably means Burrow had a great game and will be the Heisman winner.

If Alabama wins I'm assuming Tua has played and played well. I would assume that would put him in the Heisman lead. I never worried one bit about Tua losing the Heisman last year until the SECCG and even then thought there is no way anyone's season compared to his. I was almost cocky about Tua winning it toward the end of the season. Tua got robbed last year.

I hope he wins it. I definitely do! But I'm not trusting anything out of the rest of the country until that 2nd weekend in December when I hear his name announced. Roll Tide! Beat LSU!

BamaNation All-American PA Tide Fan's Avatar

All depends how Tua feels after LSU. If we win and he can play the remaining games he will win the Heisman.

BamaNation Hall of Fame tusks_n_raider's Avatar

I have no issues cheering for and hoping for our players to obtain individual success in addition to the team's success.

I won't ever understand fellow fans not caring or feeling the need to state 'I'd rather win the NC' as if that needs saying.

In 2009 Mark Ingram won the Heisman and Alabama won the NC.

In 2015 Derrick Henry won the Heisman and Alabama won the NC.

What's wrong with Tua winning the Heisman in 2019 and Alabama winning the NC too?? Nothing's wrong that's what.

Oh and yes I agree.... The QB who leads his team to the Win in this game will pull far and away as the Heisman frontrunner. The Trophy will be theirs barring a catastrophe.

Quote Originally Posted by tusks_n_raider View Post
    I have no issues cheering for and hoping for our players to obtain individual success in addition to the team's success.
    It's complicated. I was really frustrated last year when Tua didn't win. Murray was just doing what Oklahoma quarterbacks do (I wonder how many people remember him getting owned in the SEC, Alabama actually kicked his butt twice), while Tua was out there shattering Alabama records.

The flip side of this though is that what is probably best for the team is if the offense was a bit more balanced and if Tua wasn't trying to do as much. So, individual accomplishments are nice and all, but AJ didn't win a Heisman, he just won more national championships than any Oklahoma quarterback in how many years?

I'd like Tua to win the Heisman, but there are two paths here. One is Alabama wins, Tua is the leading Heisman candidate, Alabama has to play Georgia, Tua has to go to all those trophy presentations and what not, all that distraction. The other is that Alabama loses, may be Tua fades from the spotlight a bit (unlikely), Alabama doesn't have to play Georgia, Tua doesn't have all those distractions and if under those circumstances Alabama still makes it into the playoff, they're better for it.

If I could choose door #2 and know Alabama still makes it to the playoff I'd choose it. But... as things stand now I'll certainly take door #1.
    Apologies if I said anything that could be construed as a personal insult.
    "Everybody that chooses to go to the game should stay there and support the team for the game." - Nick Saban