Bama Game Thread: Official PreGame Thread Bama vs. LSU...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ledsteplin

Hall of Fame
Nov 20, 2013
Florence, Alabama
To all of those I've silently laughed at over the years because you said you couldn't watch the game for this or that family function . . . tomorrow I eat crow. My son is in first grade and we've been invited over to a classmate's for dinner . . . at 4 p.m. Of course my wife said yes without consulting. Being so early maybe we'll be home by six.
Your wife needs this to consult.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
My daughter has two classmate parties today. One is 2-4. I'm a single dad so told her I'd talk to the mother hosting the party to make arrangements. That mom was kind enough to let me drop my daughter off at the 2 to 4 party and she will take her to the other party after.

When my daughter gave me the invitation and I saw 2 to 4 on Nov.9......I think I actually said out loud...she must not be a Bama fan.

Roll tide.
Is that mom single? If so, you need to keep in contact.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
A 1st grade classmate? Whaaaaaat?! My response would be "Hope you guys enjoy yourselves, give them my regards dear." Only way I'm missing this game tomorrow is if someone is having a baby and that someone is my wife. Even then, I'm asking how close the contractions are, how much she's dilated, and if the delivery room has a TV before I'm leaving the couch.
A romantic Valentines Day can be a problem when November rolls around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA
I am getting very nervous about the game. Can't eat anything.

Wish I was at the TF tent to talk football with the ones who are there. When I go to a game I seem to be less nervous since I am involved in the activities, etc.

Hoping for a win with no injuries. Roll Tide!

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
I think much of the analysis of this game is focused on the wrong things (our own JessN is an exception).

1) LSU has this awesome offense.

That's true, they do.

2) Alabama's defense is not as good as it used to be.

This appears to be true on the eyeball test as well.

Problem is, they stop there.

1) It doesn't matter if Alabama's defense is the 2011 defense.......this isn't 2011, and it's still the best D they've faced so far.

2) Nobody wants to mention that LSU's defense is a cut below what they used to be.

3) Alabama has ALSO never had an offense quite like now.

You never say the other team can't win. LSU might beat us. But bad analysis is STILL bad analysis, even if your pick wins.

Who did Herbstreit pick btw?

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
I love the suspense that comes before a big game with serious completion. So many of our games seem like talent exhibitions rather than a competitive game. So I'm kind of enjoying the uncertainty of the outcome.

Herbie picked Bama.

Cruiser

All-American
Sep 24, 2015
I love the suspense that comes before a big game with serious completion. So many of our games seem like talent exhibitions rather than a competitive game. So I'm kind of enjoying the uncertainty of the outcome.

Herbie picked Bama.
And; Bear picked Bama to cover 6

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
The only stat which really worries me is Burrow's completion % under pressure. It's noticeably better than Tua's and, IIRC, is the best in the country. In a way, that sort of neutralizes your pressure from Lewis. "Close" only counts in horseshoes. I do think our secondary is the best he's faced, so there's that. A lot will depend on how Shy defends the middle. OTOH, their big worry is not being able to pressure the QB at all...

Power Eye

All-SEC
Aug 3, 2005
I think much of the analysis of this game is focused on the wrong things (our own JessN is an exception).

1) LSU has this awesome offense.

That's true, they do.

2) Alabama's defense is not as good as it used to be.

This appears to be true on the eyeball test as well.

Problem is, they stop there.

1) It doesn't matter if Alabama's defense is the 2011 defense.......this isn't 2011, and it's still the best D they've faced so far.

2) Nobody wants to mention that LSU's defense is a cut below what they used to be.

3) Alabama has ALSO never had an offense quite like now.

You never say the other team can't win. LSU might beat us. But bad analysis is STILL bad analysis, even if your pick wins.

Who did Herbstreit pick btw?
Herbstreit picked us, and you bring up a great point about what has been focused on by the media leading up to this game and that JessN mentioned in his analysis. Everyone wants to nit-pick our perceived deficiencies and gloss over our strengths and vice versa for LSU. It will all be settled shortly though.

Two things that were said that bothered me in the last 2 days by analysts that I’ve always respected, and still do. First, Danielson saying he didn’t care what Saban was saying, but that seeing Tua in practice that he wasn’t healthy. I don’t know the protocol in terms of what the TV people are supposed to say or not say when they get to see practice, but this seems like he overstepped his bounds.

Second, Herbstreit has repeatedly been saying since the rankings were released that we are out of the playoffs with a loss today. He might be right about that, but to say it so definitively when there could be a path depending on who wins or loses between now and the final rankings seems short sighted. On Gameday, Howard challenged him saying what if LSU was our only loss and we were one of the 4 best teams, and his response was we could lose all our games and still be one of the 4 best because we have the best players. It was a very poor argument, especially from him, and came across as unintelligent.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
The only stat which really worries me is Burrow's completion % under pressure. It's noticeably better than Tua's and, IIRC, is the best in the country. In a way, that sort of neutralizes your pressure from Lewis. "Close" only counts in horseshoes. I do think our secondary is the best he's faced, so there's that. A lot will depend on how Shy defends the middle. OTOH, their big worry is not being able to pressure the QB at all...
Agreed with all of this. And I'm worried about Shy. I wish Jobe had worked out outside so Surtain could be moved inside for games like this.

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
Two things that were said that bothered me in the last 2 days by analysts that I’ve always respected, and still do. First, Danielson saying he didn’t care what Saban was saying, but that seeing Tua in practice that he wasn’t healthy. I don’t know the protocol in terms of what the TV people are supposed to say or not say when they get to see practice, but this seems like he overstepped his bounds.
I don't think he gave away any secret. My guess is it's impossible to FULLY recover from the operation Tua just had this quick.

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
I think 4 Key factors/Questions are:

Can Lewis and Jennings throw Burrow's timing off even if they don't sack him? Look for Jennings to Bat some passes!!

Can Lee and Harris keep L8U's #22 in check in the running game....and especially on passing plays.

Will Benton and/or Kaho be given the opportunity to help with adjustments if Lee and Harris are struggling....esp Lee (lack of speed)??

Who will Spy Burrow on plays where he can scramble.... like 3rd/4th medium yardage where he either rolls out or keeps an RPO??

The entire outcome could come down to how the LB corp performs.

FYI I don't think L8U can stop our Offense without us helping them.

They gave up 38 points to both Texas and Vandy.... VANDY!!! They also gave up 28 to Florida who is not an Offensive juggernaut themselves.

I Feel REALLY good about our chances!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.