Bama Game Thread: Official PreGame Thread Bama vs. LSU...

Status
Not open for further replies.

russtang

All-American
Apr 11, 2007
Central Alabama
www.uniquetitanium.com
Herbstreit picked us, and you bring up a great point about what has been focused on by the media leading up to this game and that JessN mentioned in his analysis. Everyone wants to nit-pick our perceived deficiencies and gloss over our strengths and vice versa for LSU. It will all be settled shortly though.

Two things that were said that bothered me in the last 2 days by analysts that I’ve always respected, and still do. First, Danielson saying he didn’t care what Saban was saying, but that seeing Tua in practice that he wasn’t healthy. I don’t know the protocol in terms of what the TV people are supposed to say or not say when they get to see practice, but this seems like he overstepped his bounds.

Second, Herbstreit has repeatedly been saying since the rankings were released that we are out of the playoffs with a loss today. He might be right about that, but to say it so definitively when there could be a path depending on who wins or loses between now and the final rankings seems short sighted. On Gameday, Howard challenged him saying what if LSU was our only loss and we were one of the 4 best teams, and his response was we could lose all our games and still be one of the 4 best because we have the best players. It was a very poor argument, especially from him, and came across as unintelligent.
Herbstreit is still mad that Alabama got in the CPF at No4 two years ago. Remember when he left the set ticked off when Alabama was announced?
He's pushing a narrative. He's hoping. It's not that he's unintelligent. He doesn't want two SEC teams in again.

Cruiser

All-American
Sep 24, 2015
I just realized; We MUST win this game; otherwise, I will have to hope for the barn to beat Gawga(YUK) so it will look good when we beat the crap out of the them.
Added pressure.
ROLL TIDE!!

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA
Herbstreit is still mad that Alabama got in the CPF at No4 two years ago. Remember when he left the set ticked off when Alabama was announced?
He's pushing a narrative. He's hoping. It's not that he's unintelligent. He doesn't want two SEC teams in again.
I agree. And, I bet he wants to make sure Clemson gets in because his sons are on the team. He still claims he was not mad about Bama getting in at 4, that he was just so surprised that he walked off the set. I don't buy that. I like him for the most part but I don't like all the Bama fatigue/hate the so called experts show.

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA
I just realized; We MUST win this game; otherwise, I will have to hope for the barn to beat Gawga(YUK) so it will look good when we beat the crap out of the them.
Added pressure.
ROLL TIDE!!
I think I may actually pull for Auburn to beat UGA just so UGA is out of the playoff picture with 2 losses, like Auburn. But I have not looked in detail what is best for Bama. I also don't want Auburn to be up for us at their place if they do beat UGA.

dWarriors88

All-American
Jan 4, 2009
Tulsa, OK
I think I may actually pull for Auburn to beat UGA just so UGA is out of the playoff picture with 2 losses, like Auburn. But I have not looked in detail what is best for Bama. I also don't want Auburn to be up for us at their place if they do beat UGA.
UGA does tend to play with much less enthusiasm after a disappointing season outcome. An additional loss to UGA's schedule might be enough to take the last bit of wind out of their 2019 season. See 2019 Sugar bowl for reference.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
If he had brought it up during the game and said that he had had doubts after watching Tua practice, I wouldn't have a problem. Sticking it out there in a "Look at me" move in the leadup is just low down. I dislike him even more...
I wish there was some way to sync Eli to the TV, but over here in Savannah I probably can`t get the game on radio anyway. I may just go on mute and watch in silence. Gary may know some football but he just irritates the hell out of me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.