BAMA is looking at a huge week of announcements ...

BamaMike05

All-American
Jul 4, 2009
Huntsville, Alabama, United States
From some people I’ve talked to in the know, it looks like Texas Tech is now the Favorite to land Namari :( It all changed after his TTU visit. Hoping we can change his mind. But, I’m not confident anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
From some people I’ve talked to in the know, it looks like Texas Tech is now the Favorite to land Namari :( It all changed after his TTU visit. Hoping we can change his mind. But, I’m not confident anymore.

No disrespect but here's hoping that you are 100% wrong ;)

Out of the three, Keon has kept things close to the vest but as of now, he is the one I'm confident in the most for some reason. 247 sports still have us leading for both Nimari and Isaiah and all three would be immediate contributors. We honestly NEED all three but best case scenario will probably be 2 out of the 3 ... again, here's hoping we get all three.

JQ has become more important even if its due to the lack of bodies alone. I do think he makes the difference between us being a 1-2 win tourney team to us having a deeper tourney run. The only downside to him playing this season is we will most likely lose 3 pgs this cycle.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Do we have a scholarship open? Maybe the Memphis guy can come here. He will be in the draft next year, but he would get us some wins.

imauafan

All-American
Mar 3, 2004
Huntsville, AL
Do we have a scholarship open? Maybe the Memphis guy can come here. He will be in the draft next year, but he would get us some wins.

No, we are full at the moment. Bolden is our only senior so we have to be counting on 1-2 other guys leaving to have room to sign more than 1.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
No, we are full at the moment. Bolden is our only senior so we have to be counting on 1-2 other guys leaving to have room to sign more than 1.
My comment was more of a joke, but thanks for the info. It will be interesting to see what happens with him.

mlingerfelt31

All-SEC
Mar 9, 2017
Cecil Hurt said we expect to know on JQ before the tip off tomorrow, hopefully one thing will go our way and also a win tomorrow night too.

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
looks like strike one.
I am not happy right now ... truly sucks. I'm an optimist but thinking more likely we unfortunately won't see him play in Crimson since he will be available to turn pro after this season is up. Here's hoping I'm wrong.

Blindside17

Suspended
Aug 13, 2019
Phenix City, AL
I am not happy right now ... truly sucks. I'm an optimist but thinking more likely we unfortunately won't see him play in Crimson since he will be available to turn pro after this season is up. Here's hoping I'm wrong.
I believe you are correct, don't expect the kid to ever play for Bama. Hoping we are both wrong.

bamamick

All-American
Feb 22, 2005
didn't Quinerly average about 3 ppg at 'nova? I know he was a five star kid, but shouldn't he need to prove a little more than that before going pro?

rtr

dayhiker

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Dec 8, 2000
Pell City, AL
I guess I bumped the wrong thread on recruiting, so I'll comment here too. On the 247 page for Burnett, it's now showing 100% for Texas Tech.

BamaMike05

All-American
Jul 4, 2009
Huntsville, Alabama, United States
I would have said this too, until I saw the video of Greg Byrne coming into the locker room to congratulate Coach Oats and give him a game ball. JQ grabbed the ball straight out of Byrne’s hands and ran over and gave it to Coach Oats and gave him a huge hug. He wants to play for Coach Oats.

imauafan

All-American
Mar 3, 2004
Huntsville, AL
didn't Quinerly average about 3 ppg at 'nova? I know he was a five star kid, but shouldn't he need to prove a little more than that before going pro?

rtr
I think he will step in next year and take over for Kira who I expect to leave early for the NBA. We will also lose Beetle so we definitely (and desparately!) need to sign another PG for next year whether a true freshman or another grad transfer.

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
I would have said this too, until I saw the video of Greg Byrne coming into the locker room to congratulate Coach Oats and give him a game ball. JQ grabbed the ball straight out of Byrne’s hands and ran over and gave it to Coach Oats and gave him a huge hug. He wants to play for Coach Oats.

:) I'll take it. He's a tremendous player and would love to see Bama as a part of his legacy.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.