The Wiseman situation at Memphis

bamacpa

All-American
Jul 19, 2006
How is eligible at all ? Because the NCAA cleared him early ? Wouldn’t the disclosure of Penny’s gesture make a review reasonable?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
Nothing will happen to Memphis.

The NCAA is done as an enforcement entity....but that's not exactly new news. They've been done since they let UNC-CH skate on academic integrity. Really before, but that was the clincher.

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
Nothing will happen to Memphis.

The NCAA is done as an enforcement entity....but that's not exactly new news. They've been done since they let UNC-CH skate on academic integrity. Really before, but that was the clincher.
I agree, I think that's one of the "reasons" he left to help ensure that nothing will come of it. He already served a suspension as well so the school can argue there's nothing to penalize them for. Just an all around crazy scenario.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
One would hope, but they would have to prove that the school conspired to make this happen. Unfortunately that will be a tall task.
I don't think so. Memphis left itself open when they continued to play him in defiance of the NCAA, after doubts about his eligibility had been raised. This is sort of a watershed for the NCAA. If UM gets away with this, then the rules have essentially disappeared...

• Thank You
Reactions: DzynKingRTR

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.