Bama Game Thread: Official PostGame Thread Bama vs. LSU...

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
We made enough mistakes to lose three games. We were fortunate to even keep it close, but our guys did not quit and kept fighting. I miss when we were the toughest team on the field.

RTR2u

Hall of Fame
Nov 30, 2013
Georgia
Goodness, I hope we are healthy next year!!!!! But, the team grew up. They fought to come back. Fought hard.

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
Unless alot of things happen that is just almost impossible I just don't see us in the playoff. I'm not being pessimistic but just don't see it happening.
PSU losing helps a lot to be honest. As long as we don't lose again we will have the best loss (if there is such a thing) Right now we need the corndawgs to win out. If we win out, we will have the better record than the Pac 12 champ. Wild card will be the Big 12

Krymsonman

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2009
River Ridge, LA
Better team won. We made mistakes for sure but our defense sucked tackling and sacking. Their OL played well with zebras help.
I don't really think LSU is a better team. They played better today in the first half, but if we play a complete game, I think we win. We just spent the entire first half sputtering around and making mistakes that cost us at least two touchdowns. That bogus "he was forced out" call was just another example of how bad SEC refs are.

Ldlane

Hall of Fame
Nov 26, 2002
don't understand why we slowed down so much with 10 minutes to go
What do you mean? We just couldn't stop them on Defense. Lost that game in the 1st half, but still should've won.

I will say that our defense is going to be a lot better next year after some seasoning.

bamapuppy

1st Team
Mar 28, 2008
Hillsborough, NC
The first half was a huge hole to dig out of. And, the defense just didn’t get the turnovers.
I will say one thing though. Everyone was complaining that LSU held Auburn all game, and was never called. I didn’t watch that game, but it could not have been any worse than this one. I wonder what kind of bonus the refs get this year from LSU😉

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
The experts were right, in the end. This was going to be a shootout.

Problem is, our offense didn't get the memo in the first half. To their credit, LSU did.

Our defense has its issues, but I put this on the offensive game plan that was slow to adjust.

Hats off to a tough-as=leather Tua!!! Man, that's Bama grit!

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
My hat’s off to LSU.

We couldn’t stop them. They made fewer mistakes. As much as it pains me to say this, they were the better team.

We fought hard to the end, but just dug too deep a hole in the first 10 minutes, and couldn’t stop them enough to dig out of it.

You give up 46 points, you deserve to lose.

Well done, LSU. Hope you go to New Orleans.

Last edited:

oldtimetider

1st Team
Nov 16, 2008
We've not be strong enough on the defensive side of the ball all year. I was hoping we would improved steadily as the year progressed but am not really seeing it. Not quite sure what it is but we can't seem to get off the field on 3rd consistently enough. We'll make two good plays and give up a completion or big run on 3rd way too often. Admired our fight though...

mlh

All-American
Apr 28, 2004
Great game. Congrats to LSU. They were the better team tonight. We just made too many mistakes. Proud of our guys for fighting back in the 2nd half.

If LSU is #1 then we should be #2...or #2 and #3 if Ohio State holds onto the top spot.

Roll Tide!

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Too many mistakes.

But reminder: we still ain't dead yet.

I mean, all we need to tell the committee is that we lost a close one to the new #1 and didn't have Kelly Bryant playing.

:)

(If the Kelly Bryant excuse is valid, you can't say Tua isn't; I don't buy that line of reasoning, but the committee does).

Moro Creek

All-SEC
Jan 21, 2014
Equine country
Congrats to LSU. You whipped us at the LOS. I'm proud of the way we came back in the second half to at least make it close. We have issues to work on but I'm not sure we have the talent to correct them. You can't improve team speed through practice, but we can go to Junction and get back to some physical play.

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
I think I watched the game where Bama breezed right down the field but Tua fumbled. That seemed to discombobulate EVERYONE, coaches included. Tua had to find his rhythm which took too long, but he also hit some of the guys PERFECTLY and they were dropped. Those little things cannot happen too much against the best teams. As bad as Bama played on defense the fact that it was even competitive says a lot. LSU also has a REALLY good team and made plays all night which had a LOT to do with Bama looking so rough. They deserved the win.

LeBron47

1st Team
Aug 30, 2007
Got to say I am proud of the men in Crimson. One close loss with an injured QB does not cause us to lose a chance at the playoffs. All but one national title was won with one loss. Rest Tua the next two games bring him back for Barney win there and we have a chance. Tip of the hat to LSU they played up to the hype. We lost the game with three minutes left in the first half. One very curious call that set up a LSU TD and our decision not to run out the clock and go to halftime down by thirteen and not twenty. Defense needs to step up next time we meet LSU it could happen.

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
1. Fumble inside the 10.
2. 12 men on the field negates an INT. Drive led to a FG.
3. Dickerson’s PF gave them the ball inside the 15 & an easy TD.
4. Missed PAT
5. Dropped snap on a punt. Led to a FG.
6. Didn’t convert on a 4th and short near midfield (review notwithstanding of course)

As you can see these unforced errors in the first half are worth at least 5+ points. I don’t buy into LSU is the better team. We couldn’t overcome the hole we dug ourselves. May sound like sour grapes but it is what it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

MajorFan42

Jan 14, 2017
Very proud of players for fighting back. Especilly Najee, Tua, the Oline and Devante. We came storming back and gave ourselves a legit chance. We couldn't stop them. I don't know the answers but the guys seem to be thinking too much and not attaching with physicallity and force.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.