Bama Game Thread: Official PostGame Thread Bama vs. LSU...

• Bama Gymnastics @ NCAA Championship Semi-finals (ESPN2 | TONIGHT - 4/18 @ 8pm CT). We will have a game thread going in the Women's Sports board. Come join us!

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Do the silencers help keep the noise down that much? My only experience with them is what I hear when I am watching Seal Team.
More accurately called suppressors, the good ones will knock a good 30dB off the overall SPL - which means normal rifle rounds would still be fairly loud (between the loudness of the detonation along with the crack of the bullet breaking the sound barrier). However, if they're running subsonic rounds, there'd be very little sound.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
More accurately called suppressors, the good ones will knock a good 30dB off the overall SPL - which means normal rifle rounds would still be fairly loud (between the loudness of the detonation along with the crack of the bullet breaking the sound barrier). However, if they're running subsonic rounds, there'd be very little sound.
Those aren't subsonic rifles...

gman4tide

All-SEC
Nov 21, 2005
Flint Creek
It's the ammo, not the rifle. I can run subsonic ammo in any rifle I own, assuming it's the proper caliber.
Sonic rounds, a normal can pretty much takes the sonic "crack" away. 99% of the people wouldn't hear it in the din of noise in the stadium. Subsonic...out of a bolt gun...the guy standing next to it wouldn't hear it with the din of noise in bryant denny.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.