Bama Game Thread: Official PostGame Thread Bama vs. LSU...

Titans&Tide

1st Team
Jul 22, 2000
Tuscaloosa, AL USA
www.kornegay.us
Defense was pathetic, regardless of injuries. We're nine games in at this point. O was ineffective in the first half. Sucks, but it is what it is. I hope we get another shot at them, but a lot of things have to happen. As it stands now, we got beat by a better team and I hope we enjoy the Sugar Bowl or whatever it is that we get. Where's my 1792 Small Batch?

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
Both of these are true:

1. Alabama beat themselves

2. LSU was the better team today.

Congratulations to LSU fo breaking the 8 game win streak. Not happy about it, but it is what it is.

This team showed grit late in the game, but it was too late for today. I hope the lessons they learn last a long, long time.

GP for Bama

All-American
Feb 3, 2011
Nothing but congratulations to LSU. They played great. We made too many crucial mistakes to win against a really good team.

bigjue24

Suspended
Dec 2, 2009
Okeechobee, FL
Once Tua got it cranked up while still obviously injured the defense simply couldn't get a single stop. The offense was an issue in the first half, but let's not forget the defense wasn't exactly playing some 2011 level defense in the first half. They were put in some bad spots grant you, but they gave up 33 points. What happened to holding someone to a FG every once in a while?

At the end the defense needed to get one stop, and Tua and the boys could have pulled it out. Danielson mentioned it several times and I agreed with him. LSU's defense was done. They had no answer anymore, but the defense gave up play after play.

It's just frustrating to see Auburn hold them to 23 and Bama gives up 46. That's double for us non math people. I used a calculator to make sure I was right. This same stuff was happening last year too. Let's not pretend this is a new thing. I get injuries and I accept that's part of it, but this isn't in the ball park of a Bama defense against a good offense. I may just be pining away for days gone by, and college football is now universally basketball on grass like the Big 12, but I'm not happy about it if it is.

gtowntide

All-American
Mar 1, 2011
Memphis,TN.
I’m proud of the effort to come back in the 2nd half. We just can’t turn the ball over to good teams. Congrats to the corndogs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
Defense was pathetic, regardless of injuries. We're nine games in at this point. O was ineffective in the first half. Sucks, but it is what it is. I hope we get another shot at them, but a lot of things have to happen. As it stands now, we got beat by a better team and I hope we enjoy the Sugar Bowl or whatever it is that we get. Where's my 1792 Small Batch?
Get your drink and go watch NC State play. You'll feel better about Bama then.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
To be fair, 10 of those 33 first half points were aided by the offense and special teams. Tua's interception near the end of the half was absolutely what you do not need when you're poking at trying to push for quick score w/ under a minute left. Perine's drop was awful. Tua pittered away another 3 due to a non-contact fumble.

We knew the defense was not good. We could not afford mistakes from the offense and special teams. We lost this game because of the first half offense. They did damage to the scoreboard above and beyond our defense.

Tenntiderman

All-American
Dec 1, 2017
Spring Hill, Tn
I thought it at the time but tonight absolutely confirmed how big a loss Dylan Moses was. Man could we have used him against this team.
#22 did more damage to our Defense than anyplayer on the field tonight. At least that was how I felt. Hit him 6 yds short of the chains..and he goes thru 2 of our DBs for the 1st down. Been watching Tide football a long long time. Never seen anything like that.unless it might have been during the DuBose years.

Titans&Tide

1st Team
Jul 22, 2000
Tuscaloosa, AL USA
www.kornegay.us
Once Tua got it cranked up while still obviously injured the defense simply couldn't get a single stop. The offense was an issue in the first half, but let's not forget the defense wasn't exactly playing some 2011 level defense in the first half. They were put in some bad spots grant you, but they gave up 33 points. What happened to holding someone to a FG every once in a while?

At the end the defense needed to get one stop, and Tua and the boys could have pulled it out. Danielson mentioned it several times and I agreed with him. LSU's defense was done. They had no answer anymore, but the defense gave up play after play.

It's just frustrating to see Auburn hold them to 23 and Bama gives up 46. That's double for us non math people. I used a calculator to make sure I was right. This same stuff was happening last year too. Let's not pretend this is a new thing. I get injuries and I accept that's part of it, but this isn't in the ball park of a Bama defense against a good offense. I may just be pining away for days gone by, and college football is now universally basketball on grass like the Big 12, but I'm not happy about it if it is.
It would be great to actually get a freaking stop at some point. It's just ridiculous at this point. I don't know what else to say.

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
Ok um ... I just came from tiger droppings and I take back all the nice things I said about LSU. I hope they NEVER win another game against us. Can't post here what coach O was filmed saying in the locker room because it will get me banned, but yeah ... hope they never win another game against us ... ever.

Evil Crimson Dragon

Hall of Fame
Feb 4, 2018
Marietta, GA
#22 did more damage to our Defense than anyplayer on the field tonight. At least that was how I felt. Hit him 6 yds short of the chains..and he goes thru 2 of our DBs for the 1st down. Been watching Tide football a long long time. Never seen anything like that.unless it might have been during the DuBose years.
Bama needs to learn to tackle again...…………..they have missed a few

Evil Crimson Dragon

Hall of Fame
Feb 4, 2018
Marietta, GA
Ok um ... I just came from tiger droppings and I take back all the nice things I said about LSU. I hope they NEVER win another game against us. Can't post here what coach O was filmed saying in the locker room because it will get me banned, but yeah ... hope they never win another game against us ... ever.
Not shocked at all...………..

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Don't worry those dumb coonasses can't recruit or develop a quarterback. So unless they get another fully developed QB from somewhere else, they're gonna be back to looking impotent on offense again in 2020.

crtide

1st Team
Jul 19, 2007
Gadsden, AL
Proud of second half effort. Appreciate Tua's grit. Najee was the deal! Too many early mistakes
Burrow is the real deal! Hoping for a crazy November. We are a playoff worthy team!

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
Essentially you have to have these hybrid LBs on the inside that can drop back in coverage and be physical enough to play the run. It's tough tough to find them. We had an elite one and he's out. We are playing more true freshmen than any team in America and the best some posters can offer is "The defense suck!" Well, as constructive as those comments are, at least describe why because this was a team loss that included coaches and players alike.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.