Bama Game Thread: Official PostGame Thread Bama vs. LSU...

2ndand26

Oct 4, 2018
Huntsville, AL
Terrible clock management. Terrible defense, which has become the norm. I can't remember seeing so many missed tackles & wide open receivers. Fire Golding today.
I watched the clock click away at the 4Q 8:17 mark while the team seemed to be in icing mode. Then they did it again the next play, finally choosing to end the misery with a timeout! I was - I am - dumbfounded. Team showed heart and as good as LSU and Burrow are, I'm not convinced LSU would win a Round II. But the time mismanagement and officiating is too much to stomach.

Tenntiderman

All-American
Dec 1, 2017
Spring Hill, Tn
We scored 41. With a Bama Defense...who would guess that wasn't enough? Well...we won 8 straight. 8 straight against LSU. And lost tonite to a very worthy opponent who played well. Thet got a shady break or 2, but Bama just lost this one. I thought the out of bounds catch called legal was BS...but if any one of those drops are caught..it would have made up the difference. But Diggs (as I recall) was no where near the guy to push him out of bounds.

CoachJeff

Suspended
Jan 21, 2014
Shelby County Alabama
Burrow should get the Heisman, he did excellent. And we battled back from all kinds of crazy 1st half stuff. On the bright side, we'll get an extra week to rest up and should be #4 in the playoff. Then we can win it all again by beating LSU in the championship game.
This is pretty delusional.

Titans&Tide

1st Team
Jul 22, 2000
Tuscaloosa, AL USA
www.kornegay.us
Essentially you have to have these hybrid LBs on the inside that can drop back in coverage and be physical enough to play the run. It's tough tough to find them. We had an elite one and he's out. We are playing more true freshmen than any team in America and the best some posters can offer is "The defense suck!" Well, as constructive as those comments are, at least describe why because this was a team loss that included coaches and players alike.
We're playing a ton of true freshmen, but we're nine games in at this point. When does it click, Con? They got freight-trained tonight. Consistently out of position. We're lucky the offense had enough fight to make it close.

jasongilbert69

1st Team
Oct 11, 2019
Fire Golding? You have NO idea what you are talking about. He was given scraps to put together a defense with all the young players. He`s going to be the next Nick Saban. You know nothing about this team if you try to pin this on Golding.

bvandegraff

All-American
Mar 13, 2014
Albuquerque, NM
Really proud of the team for being one defensive stop away from having a chance to win after such an atrocious first half. Najee Harris can look in the mirror and take pride in what he did. Tua was clearly still bothered by the ankle, but he hung in like a warrior. There are some other players who'll have to ask themselves if if it was their errors (penalties, missed tackles, busted coverages) were the ones that sealed their fate. Landon Dickerson should run lots of stadium steps for that PF penalty at the end of the 1st half. The coaches also have some self-scouting to do as well.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Fire Golding? You have NO idea what you are talking about. He was given scraps to put together a defense with all the young players. He`s going to be the next Nick Saban. You know nothing about this team if you try to pin this on Golding.
He's actually got a pretty good perimeter (OLB/CB) and safeties. The interior defense is the weak spot. LSU did more - not much, but they started strong - with bigger defensive personnel issues than us too be quite honest.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
I don't think it is a stretch to say Aranda is a better DC than Golding. And it definitely played out that way on the field.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
As much as many people like offense. I am too old school. Defense wins championships. Its been years since we looked as bad as we did tonight. Yes I know we had tons of injuries, but it seems the 5* freshman need a year to mature. I would not be surprised to see CNS clean house on that side of the ball.
The problem is that we can't get other teams to agree to play the old style offense so we can continue to play the old style defense. So, we have to design a defense against the "new" style offense. There's not really an option, unless we want teams rolling up 700 yards of passing offense on us, while we have 250 yards of rushing offense. Saban took the only choice he had. As far as "cleaning house," we've already done that, when we get down to true freshman. Who next? There are upperclassmen who've been passed by the youngsters. They're no playing because they're worse...

CoachJeff

Suspended
Jan 21, 2014
Shelby County Alabama
Nah, there are only about 6 teams that matter and Alabama will probably be the 4 seed if they win out.
LSU, Ohio State, and Clemson are in. Who is 4th? UGA? Minn? Oklahoma? I can see Oklahoma being ahead of Bama.

I think we want to hope LSU beats UGA because if UGA wins in Atlanta LSU will still make the playoff and Bama will be left out.

rtr90

1st Team
Dec 7, 2018
I think it will end-
1. LSU
2. OSU
3. Clemson
4._______________

What does the committee do?

-If we win out, Bama has 2 or 3 wins vs. top 25 & a close loss to the #1 team.
-I think we can get in if: OU drops another game. If they win the big 12 they will be a one loss conference champion. Or, if Baylor isn’t an undefeated conference champion. Both of those scenarios would put the big 12 rep in ahead of us. Same could be true for the PAC 12. But I don’t think the PAC 12 is in regardless of what happens. All of these scenarios are plausible for us to get in. All is not lost.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Do we really want to play LSU again? I believe we got beat today and would 8/10 times

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Just checking stats. LSU had the ball over 9 minutes more than us. We gave their offense 2/3 of a quarter to operate more than us. Our offense, in the first half, put our defense in a bad spot in the first half.

We knew this would be a shootout, especially with our defenses deficiencies. This is not a shot at Tua, but I think the rehab kept him and the offense from being crisps in the first half. I also think we played tight and too conservative in the first half. I blame some of that on the game-plan, but I'm not sure if it wasn't because of the offense being out of sync.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I don't think it is a stretch to say Aranda is a better DC than Golding. And it definitely played out that way on the field.
I think you're right. The first half practically screamed that we needed to take more risks like they were. It didn't happen until the second half and not that effectively then. TBF, I'm hoping we can get Pruitt back...

Evil Crimson Dragon

Hall of Fame
Feb 4, 2018
Marietta, GA
Don't worry those dumb coonasses can't recruit or develop a quarterback. So unless they get another fully developed QB from somewhere else, they're gonna be back to looking impotent on offense again in 2020.
He's talking big, saying Bama's stadium was LSUs now...…………….what's that record again Ed?

TitleWave

All-American
Dec 3, 2012
Saban should be proactive - become his own DC the rest of this season, put the analyst tag on Golding and see if he can analyze for his boss why he can't get 'Bama linebackers in any position to stop anything, run or particularly pass out of the backfield. Actually, Golding looks like an analyst - squash rackets analyst - and maybe that's his next career move if what he's shown two years into running Saban's defense is any indication.

As much as many people like offense. I am too old school. Defense wins championships. Its been years since we looked as bad as we did tonight. Yes I know we had tons of injuries, but it seems the 5* freshman need a year to mature. I would not be surprised to see CNS clean house on that side of the ball.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.