Bama Game Thread: Official PostGame Thread Bama vs. LSU...

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
Don't worry those dumb coonasses can't recruit or develop a quarterback. So unless they get another fully developed QB from somewhere else, they're gonna be back to looking impotent on offense again in 2020.
There's word they possibly have one in waiting from the univ of Houston but we will see if it happens. I would think the HC would set the standard in showing class. Wouldn't see Saban saying something similar. But again ... here's hoping they lose every game they play against us

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
I think you're right. The first half practically screamed that we needed to take more risks like they were. It didn't happen until the second half and not that effectively then. TBF, I'm hoping we can get Pruitt back...
Aranda played a risky game. Sark didn't really take the money being left out there with the run soon enough. You wanna overload blitz w/ zone behind? Fine, run the damn ball.

Still, the risk was hazard and I think it was a difference in this game. We'd probably confidently torch them in a rematch...that was Aranda's 30 minutes of defense he could squeeze out of that unit. The 30 minutes Golding squeezed out of our guys had too many missed tackles which is just basic coaching stuff...not even playcalling.

Last edited:

Tenntiderman

All-American
Dec 1, 2017
Spring Hill, Tn
Essentially you have to have these hybrid LBs on the inside that can drop back in coverage and be physical enough to play the run. It's tough tough to find them. We had an elite one and he's out. We are playing more true freshmen than any team in America and the best some posters can offer is "The defense suck!" Well, as constructive as those comments are, at least describe why because this was a team loss that included coaches and players alike.
oh you are absolutely correct Bro. The schemes have been.....Lethargic at times. All year long...for whatever reason(last year too)the guys failed to tackle. Not even in the area. Just unusual for Bamaball. I hold the staff accountable for not fixing those issues. And...as you said...having 4 pure Freshmen on the field (even though they have a lot of experience now) is reason enough to expect less. But we have one young man at Inside LB who doesnt exactly get after it. But it is still a great season. I didn't think our Defense and Kicking game was champ quality even back in September. Sometimes it just isnt your time.

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
He's talking big, saying Bama's stadium was LSUs now...…………….what's that record again Ed?
The Instagram video is starting to circulate quickly so won't be surprised the national media picking up on it soon

jasongilbert69

1st Team
Oct 11, 2019
That`s where all the true freshman are playing. So that would make sense. We got a guy playing Will that`s never even played linebacker until about 12 weeks ago. Harris was a WR,RB, and CB. He never played LB position EVER until he got on campus. Don`t want to hear anybody blaming this on Golding.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
LSU, Ohio State, and Clemson are in. Who is 4th? UGA? Minn? Oklahoma? I can see Oklahoma being ahead of Bama.

I think we want to hope LSU beats UGA because if UGA wins in Atlanta LSU will still make the playoff and Bama will be left out.
I think we want LSU to beat Georgia, and this might hurt for Alabama fans but it will help if Auburn beats them before that. At this point though I think we're all wrapped up in SoS and trying to make Alabama's wins look at impressive as possible. It will help if Minnesota loses before their championship game, it will help if Baylor can lose to Texas and then beat Oklahoma.

Alabama is going to need help in a few games if the path is going to be cleared. The teams winning that might not hurt Alabama (assuming Alabama wins out) would include Ohio State, LSU, Auburn, Texas, and Oregon. Clemson stumbling would be a huge gift but is also unlikely. Alabama needs a statement win against Auburn in either case. At the end of the season, the SEC can hang their hats on the Texas and Oregon victories, but who knows which way the committee leans?

I'm also hoping South Carolina can come back against App State. Those games matter right now because people are going to be looking for excuses to favor one team over another.

RammerJammer15

All-American
Sep 9, 2012
This game more than ever is why CNS preaches about playing a 60 minute game, the last 5-10 minutes of the first half were huge. Outscored them 31-13 in the second half but it didn’t matter.

dWarriors88

All-American
Jan 4, 2009
Tulsa, OK
LSU beating Alabama in regular season last time sparked a series of events which changed the landscape of college football post season forever. Does this loss aid playoff expansion opponents with a different perspective?

Evil Crimson Dragon

Hall of Fame
Feb 4, 2018
Marietta, GA
I think we want LSU to beat Georgia, and this might hurt for Alabama fans but it will help if Auburn beats them before that. At this point though I think we're all wrapped up in SoS and trying to make Alabama's wins look at impressive as possible. It will help if Minnesota loses before their championship game, it will help if Baylor can lose to Texas and then beat Oklahoma.

Alabama is going to need help in a few games if the path is going to be cleared. The teams winning that might not hurt Alabama (assuming Alabama wins out) would include Ohio State, LSU, Auburn, Texas, and Oregon. Clemson stumbling would be a huge gift but is also unlikely. Alabama needs a statement win against Auburn in either case. At the end of the season, the SEC can hang their hats on the Texas and Oregon victories, but who knows which way the committee leans?

I'm also hoping South Carolina can come back against App State. Those games matter right now because people are going to be looking for excuses to favor one team over another.
I think UGA loses to LSU and AU

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Aranda played a risky game. Sark didn't really take the money being left out there with the run soon enough. You wanna overload blitz w/ zone behind? Fine, run the damn ball.

Still, the risk was hazard and I think it was a difference in this game. We'd probably confidently torch them in a rematch...that was Aranda's 30 minutes of defense he could squeeze out of that unit. The 30 minutes Golding squeezed out of our guys had too many missed tackles which is just basic coaching stuff...not even playcalling.
That and we've gone light/agile across the board. Tackling #22 was like tackling a bowling ball. Recruiting is like a chess match these days...

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
I think UGA loses to LSU and AU
It would be quite beneficial, three one loss SEC teams will not help Alabama one bit, also if Alabama's biggest win is against a 4 loss Auburn team that won't help very much.

If this was the BCS I really wouldn't be that worried. I think the polls are going to give Alabama a lot of due respect, but the committee has their own way of doing things. I never agreed with their putting a two loss Auburn in their top 4, but they are going to do what they want. So, if they want to put two Big 10 teams in they will. If they want to put a one loss Pac-12 or Big 12 team in they will. The only thing I can hope for is that their choices are obvious enough that Alabama is the only viable choice.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
That and we've gone light/agile across the board. Tackling #22 was like tackling a bowling ball. Recruiting is like a chess match these days...
Backs like that one are when you truly miss Dylan Moses. He could get out there in the flat and finish the tackle. Gotta go to battle with what you have though...

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
I wonder how much "Tua's injury" will play into the CFP committee's decision if it were to come down to choosing the best 1 loss team (if that is the scenario)?

There's no doubt in my mind that our offense was out of sync in the first half largely due to Tua's injury and not being able to practice much at all.

Is a healthy Tua the difference in the game?

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
Watching the replay and Trayvon and Xavier had two egregiously bad missed tackles. XM is the teams best tackler by far but he just whiffed at a really bad time. IT happens. Unfortunately tonight it was happening like the EBOLA virus on third down. Saying Bama would lose 8/10 times to this team is patently absurd. I'd love to see a rematch and if they were honest...LSU wouldn't!

UATank

Jan 2, 2017
We could not afford a slow start and that's what we had. Offense could not establish itself in first half.

Why did we take the deep ball out of our arsenal? It didn't show up until we were in desparation mode. Tua's the best deep ball passer I've seen in a long time!
O-line really didn’t give Tua much time in the 1st half but played much better in the 2nd.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.