Bama Game Thread: Official PostGame Thread Bama vs. LSU...

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Only because I'm not sure where else to put it ......

But - for career TDs

Amari Cooper - 31
Jeudy - 28
Ruggs - 24
Smith - 22
Calvin Ridley - 19
Julio Jones - 15

WOW!!

irNate

1st Team
Nov 19, 2010
Snellville, GA
Frankly, I'm worried about just beating Auburn at this juncture. Our defense is really bad and I could see it being a long day where Auburn puts some hits on Tua and we struggle to get them off the field.

But if we want to play in the playoffs, we've got to nuke them in their place.
We are a Tua fumble away from beating LSU. We’re a Tua fumble and a Tua not seeing a wide open path to the end zone from beatin LSU by double the spread. I’m not even going to mention the bad referee call and the TD pass dropped

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LSUgrad2BamaDad

All-SEC
May 5, 2016
Destrehan, LA
My visit to the TF tent was short. Only got to see CA and his dad.

Both teams played their butts off. There was NFL talent all over the field. I watched at the tunnel when LSU left the field and you could just see that the players went through an absolute physical game, despite the score. This wasn’t basketball on grass. There was a lot of hitting.

Huge respect to Tua. What a warrior. Najee is a beast. Your receivers may be the best group of 4 in college FB history. First half mistakes were your downfall.

I’m a fan of the BDS atmosphere. It’s not what I grew up with loving (I’m a big fan of a band’s role in the stadium), but the light show is cool. When waddle returned the punt, that place was so loud.

I’m super proud of LSU and in particular Joe Burrow and Clyde. Our own fan base were calling for the freshman to play more and he just has refused to give up his position, just like he refuses to go down easily. I’m happy for Coach O. I wanted Jimbo, then I wanted Herman. I felt like we settled. He is proving me and so many doubters wrong. I hope he can keep it going.

Every Bama fan was gracious. Walking to see my son, I went through the quad and saw lots of LSU fans tailgating with Bama fans. That’s the way it should be.

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
My visit to the TF tent was short. Only got to see CA and his dad.

Both teams played their butts off. There was NFL talent all over the field. I watched at the tunnel when LSU left the field and you could just see that the players went through an absolute physical game, despite the score. This wasn’t basketball on grass. There was a lot of hitting.

Huge respect to Tua. What a warrior. Najee is a beast. Your receivers may be the best group of 4 in college FB history. First half mistakes were your downfall.

I’m a fan of the BDS atmosphere. It’s not what I grew up with loving (I’m a big fan of a band’s role in the stadium), but the light show is cool. When waddle returned the punt, that place was so loud.

I’m super proud of LSU and in particular Joe Burrow and Clyde. Our own fan base were calling for the freshman to play more and he just has refused to give up his position, just like he refuses to go down easily. I’m happy for Coach O. I wanted Jimbo, then I wanted Herman. I felt like we settled. He is proving me and so many doubters wrong. I hope he can keep it going.

Every Bama fan was gracious. Walking to see my son, I went through the quad and saw lots of LSU fans tailgating with Bama fans. That’s the way it should be.
Glad you had a great visit, etc. I've always had great relationships with LSU fans -- especially since I am a native of Louisiana but left early -- age 8 -- moved to Alabama and the rest is history.

However, I have been extremely disappointed in Coach O's profanity-laced tirade after the game. Totally classless. I was a fan of his enthusiasm, etc., but now, no way. The president of the university should publicly reprimand him...totally uncalled for. I've never seen CNS direct an F bomb publicly at another university...ever. In fact, I've never seen another top college coach do that.

Good luck with him...this usually indicates deeper personality issues...

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Coach O is probably gonna have a stroke with those kinds of tirades mixed with his prodigious energy drink consumption and weight.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Glad you had a great visit, etc. I've always had great relationships with LSU fans -- especially since I am a native of Louisiana but left early -- age 8 -- moved to Alabama and the rest is history.

However, I have been extremely disappointed in Coach O's profanity-laced tirade after the game. Totally classless. I was a fan of his enthusiasm, etc., but now, no way. The president of the university should publicly reprimand him...totally uncalled for. I've never seen CNS direct an F bomb publicly at another university...ever. In fact, I've never seen another top college coach do that.

I've been hesitant to say this, but it really bothers me he went all "religious" in the post-game TV interview and then a few minutes later he's dropping F-bombs at Bama in the lockerroom???

I'm all for people giving thanks and praise to God, but how about a little consistency there Coach O???

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa

This is the same guy that was texting thirteenessee recruits to come to USCw with him and Kiffin while at a Thirteenessee event.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
People give Dabo the business about the religious stuff but I doubt he's doing that kinda stuff in his locker room. Probably explains why he always does the poor ol' lil clemson stuff because he can't dip into the expletive jar too much for some easy wins with the kids.

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
I had the best post-game call: my oldest son called and Facetimed with my wife and myself -- with his 2 daughters...talking and laughing with your grandchildren is a sure cure for a disappointing loss. I immediately felt an incredible turn-around....

As for the religious talk -- total garbage and I am sick of it. Makes people of faith look small and ignorant. As a minister I can say that God doesn't give a hoot about who wins...what God wants is for us to be the best persons we can be -- spiritually, physically, intellectually, relationally -- in every way. When I saw Delphit and Tua hugging and talking after the game, I knew that there were 2 young men who had their priorities right.

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
People give Dabo the business about the religious stuff but I doubt he's doing that kinda stuff in his locker room. Probably explains why he always does the poor ol' lil clemson stuff because he can't dip into the expletive jar too much for some easy wins with the kids.
Dabo is consistent -- and has calmed down the religious talk, i.e., God gave us the win. Clemson has one of the largest FCA chapters in the country and it really helps the athletes during their time there.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
Coach O is probably gonna have a stroke with those kinds of tirades mixed with his prodigious energy drink consumption and weight.
Indeed. I had the same thoughts watching his pregame interview. The veins in his neck looked like oak tree roots they were bulging out so far.

When folks behave the way he has, I just sit back and let them self-destruct. It's great right now; they broke the 8 game streak and are strutting around like they've conquered the world. But the highs only last so long. And the higher you get, the harder the crash will be.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
At any rate, congrats to Coach O and LSU for all their success this year. You don't want them crapping on you in the locker room then rub their nose in it on the football field. That's how it goes.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Indeed. I had the same thoughts watching his pregame interview. The veins in his neck looked like oak tree roots they were bulging out so far.

When folks behave the way he has, I just sit back and let them self-destruct. It's great right now; they broke the 8 game streak and are strutting around like they've conquered the world. But the highs only last so long. And the higher you get, the harder the crash will be.
I'm not looking forward to it but I've thought that about the guy and his reputation many times. I don't know how he does it. I'm in my 30s and already had to change life habits.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA

it will be interesting to see how lsu plays the next 3-4 weeks.

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
it will be interesting to see how lsu plays the next 3-4 weeks.
That is what I was thinking. They sleighed the dragon and conquered mighty Bama this year. Do they suffer a let down, or do they refocus and finish the job of winning the SEC and a national title? It will be interesting to see.

BamaFlum

Hall of Fame
Dec 11, 2002
S.A., TX, USA
That is what I was thinking. They sleighed the dragon and conquered mighty Bama this year. Do they suffer a let down, or do they refocus and finish the job of winning the SEC and a national title? It will be interesting to see.
I was thinking the same thing. They acted like they won the NC after a regular season game. Coach O acted like a classless idiot and the players were whooping it up like it’s the end of the season.

Worse case scenario for us would be for them to drop a stinker of a game but still finish the season with one loss. It would not surprise me to see them struggle the game or two.

Best case scenario would be for them to tank the rest of the season due to this emotional high draining them. Is it possible? Yes, but highly unlikely with their offense.

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA
I was thinking the same thing. They acted like they won the NC after a regular season game. Coach O acted like a classless idiot and the players were whooping it up like it’s the end of the season.

Worse case scenario for us would be for them to drop a stinker of a game but still finish the season with one loss. It would not surprise me to see them struggle the game or two.

Best case scenario would be for them to tank the rest of the season due to this emotional high draining them. Is it possible? Yes, but highly unlikely with their offense.

Yep, for the benefit of Bama, LSU either needs to win out or lose 2, and I don't see them losing 2 games. So, I am unfortunately rooting for them to win out, beat UGA, stay seeded 1st place. That way BAMA might get in at 4 if the committee is gracious and it is between Bama and Oregon/or whomever.

TV ratings would skyrocket if the two teams played each other in the semi finals. I am pretty sure with a health Tua and no injuries that we can beat them, even if by just 1 point. Heck, we almost did it Saturday.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.