Bama Game Thread: Official PostGame Thread Bama vs. LSU...

bigjue24

Suspended
Dec 2, 2009
Okeechobee, FL
I kind of liked Coach O until this past Saturday. His antics were really classless. Can you imagine any other really high level coach act like he acted. Can you imagine Bear Bryant saying the things he said on the field and in the locker room after the game. I lost all respect for him on any level. I'm aware this matters to no one the planet but me. I never pulled for LSU unless it would directly help Bama, but now I dislike O on a personal level. He is ridiculous and a caricature of a real coach. How can anyone with any class fall for his crap lines. I want to get another shot at them so bad I can't stand it. I know it's not likely, but I can hope. Les Miles conducted himself well in front of the public as far as I ever saw. I found the guy to be entertaining and likable even if I didn't pull for his team.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I kind of liked Coach O until this past Saturday. His antics were really classless. Can you imagine any other really high level coach act like he acted. Can you imagine Bear Bryant saying the things he said on the field and in the locker room after the game. I lost all respect for him on any level. I'm aware this matters to no one the planet but me. I never pulled for LSU unless it would directly help Bama, but now I dislike O on a personal level. He is ridiculous and a caricature of a real coach. How can anyone with any class fall for his crap lines. I want to get another shot at them so bad I can't stand it. I know it's not likely, but I can hope. Les Miles conducted himself well in front of the public as far as I ever saw. I found the guy to be entertaining and likable even if I didn't pull for his team.
Les acted pretty badly also when he first arrived in BR. A locker room tirade in which he described beating Bama with an F-bomb modifier was viral...

Special K

All-American
Feb 8, 2008
Indeed. I had the same thoughts watching his pregame interview. The veins in his neck looked like oak tree roots they were bulging out so far.

When folks behave the way he has, I just sit back and let them self-destruct. It's great right now; they broke the 8 game streak and are strutting around like they've conquered the world. But the highs only last so long. And the higher you get, the harder the crash will be.
How sweet would it be if we made the playoffs somehow and took down LSU for a national title - again?

bigjue24

Suspended
Dec 2, 2009
Okeechobee, FL
Les acted pretty badly also when he first arrived in BR. A locker room tirade in which he described beating Bama with an F-bomb modifier was viral...
I do remember that, but he seemed to tone it down as the years went, and came across as having respect for Saban and Bama as a whole. What was done behind the scenes may have been different, but in the public arena he cut that crap out. O seems to be ramping it up. I see it as his attempt to appeal to young players with a crazy brash and over the top attitude. The problem is will that attract high character guys you need to compete at a high level?

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
I think maybe Les and Ogre were playing to their base a little. Nothing against the fine folks from Louisiana, but they're generally more brash and flamboyant than most.
As I told several of my LSU co-workers today who showed up 45 minutes early to work so they could be waiting at my office door. A lot (not all but a lot) of LSU fans are like Earnest T Bass in the Andy Griffith episode where Andy tries to get Earnest T "cultured". Takes him to a formal social, preps him on all the social rules etc. only to have Earnest T act a fool because he's not used to being at things like that. It ticks them off to hear that but it's true. When someone reacts the way a lot of the LSU fans have reacted (like they won national title Saturday and the parade is Tuesday). It's proof positive they're simply not used to being at the top of the mountain. You can also look at their success since 2007 and their overall program success (3 NC's in entire program history) to prove that notion.

Congrats to LSU and their fans. They beat Alabama for the first time in 8 years. I highly doubt we're going to go that long before our next win against them...

editder

All-SEC
Nov 2, 2017
A fumble and a penalty cost us big time in the first half. It was a valiant comeback in the second half, but not enough to overcome a miserable first half.
Not as much as the interception at the end of the 1st half cost. That was the difference in the ballgame right there.

FF4bama

1st Team
Sep 13, 2012
At any rate, congrats to Coach O and LSU for all their success this year. You don't want them crapping on you in the locker room then rub their nose in it on the football field. That's how it goes.

I for one hope Bama gets a shot at LSU again this year. By now Coach YawYaw's rant has been seen by all of our players and coaches. I'm betting they'd just love a chance to answer O's comments-- on the field.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Yep, for the benefit of Bama, LSU either needs to win out or lose 2, and I don't see them losing 2 games. So, I am unfortunately rooting for them to win out, beat UGA, stay seeded 1st place. That way BAMA might get in at 4 if the committee is gracious and it is between Bama and Oregon/or whomever.

TV ratings would skyrocket if the two teams played each other in the semi finals. I am pretty sure with a health Tua and no injuries that we can beat them, even if by just 1 point. Heck, we almost did it Saturday.
arky could rally around their interim coach and surprise everyone

editder

All-SEC
Nov 2, 2017
There were too many "that's what cost us the ball game" type plays. We had at least three of them.
That's true, but there's no way to predict what the outcome of most of them would have been. Take the dropped ball inside the 10, for instance. It's not likely Tua would have scored on that play, even if he had been healthy. And a field goal is never a given.

A kneel down at the end of the half would have definitely saved 7 points.

But you're right that the unforced errors most likely made a difference.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
I think it has to be A&M.....Jimbo's getting paid a ton....and he needs to earn that check......

I'm guessing Saban is happy to share some footage.....if necessary.....
IMO, we need LSWho to win out and beat UGA in the SEC championship game, and obviously we need to win out, if we have any chance of making the play-off.

BamaFlum

Hall of Fame
Dec 11, 2002
S.A., TX, USA
IMO, we need LSWho to win out and beat UGA in the SEC championship game, and obviously we need to win out, if we have any chance of making the play-off.
Or, completely unravel after winning their “championship” losing twice and putting us back in the driver’s seat. That would be the absolute best scenario.

Worst scenario, is for them to lay an egg for just one game. That probably eliminates us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Or, completely unravel after winning their “championship” losing twice and putting us back in the driver’s seat. That would be the absolute best scenario.

Worst scenario, is for them to lay an egg for just one game. That probably eliminates us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Who's left on their schedule that has a pulse much less that can cause them to lose twice.

Worst case scenario is for LSU to lose once and Georgia beats Auburn and LSU in SECCG. No way SEC gets two 1 loss teams in.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.