Bama Game Thread: Official PostGame Thread Bama vs. LSU...

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
Let’s also cut Tua some slack here, especially that first half. He missed the entire second half versus Tennessee, sat out the Arkansas game, and after surgery he was limited in practice, You can understand his timing being off.

Mistakes in that 2nd quarter killed us, plus in the 3rd when we got the interception, we failed to capitalize.

Tip your cap to the corn dogs and move on.

bamawind

Scout Team
Sep 23, 2006
Stayed out of the game thread. If you would have told me we would score 41, I’m chalking up a W. But I’m proud of the way our guys fought back.
With a season of injuries at every key position. I am proud we stood tall tonight.
R T

Guido

All-SEC
Feb 24, 2017
this loss is just like every one during the saban era, our team played poorly and lsu played great. i was proud of our comeback, just a bit short. our defense is nowhere as good as previous years, next year will even more challenging with all our losses. congrats to LSU , they played very well.

Mystical

All-American
Sep 28, 2009
Fairhope, Alabama
They are going to pound our SOS at the end of the year. No way they want two SEC teams in there again. Clemson would need to lose to SC. They are giving the Big 10 so much respect they may try to get two of them in there before us.

smokies1

1st Team
Jul 10, 2005
What do you mean? We just couldn't stop them on Defense. Lost that game in the 1st half, but still should've won.

I will say that our defense is going to be a lot better next year after some seasoning.
go straight up shootout mode, try to score as fast and as much possible and hope LSU makes a mistake, I don’t feel our defense straight up stopping them was really a possibility.

bamafaninbham

All-SEC
Jul 19, 2004
Homewood
[FONT="]We need: - penn state to lose to Indiana - penn state to beat OSU - Minnesota to lose a conference game - Minnesota to beat OSU in B1G championship - LSU to beat UGA - Utah/Oregon to slip up[/FONT]
[FONT="]Would also be very helpful if Clemson lost to Wake next week. [/FONT]
[FONT="]In short, Bama is likely out[/FONT]
So what your saying is we have a chance!!!

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
Man, losing stinks, especially when we just kept making mistake after mistake and demonstrating little discipline. We still hung in there and gave ourselves a chance. I would like to have seen an onsides kick that gave us a chance instead of a 15 yard kick, but that was just hoping and praying at that point. I tip my hat to LSU. They took it to us and deserved to win. I hope we can finish with three wins to go 11-1.

Krymsonman

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2009
River Ridge, LA
I think I watched the game where Bama breezed right down the field but Tua fumbled. That seemed to discombobulate EVERYONE, coaches included. Tua had to find his rhythm which took too long, but he also hit some of the guys PERFECTLY and they were dropped. Those little things cannot happen too much against the best teams. As bad as Bama played on defense the fact that it was even competitive says a lot. LSU also has a REALLY good team and made plays all night which had a LOT to do with Bama looking so rough. They deserved the win.
Yes, way too many mistakes in the first half. LSU is a really good team and you can't make those mistakes and expect to win. I think if we play a clean game, we win. I'm just hoping we finish out the rest of the season strong and enough other stuff happens that we can still end up in the final four.

mlh

All-American
Apr 28, 2004
I agree that they are better than us. Even so, if we had actually played some football in the first half, we still would have won.
They were better than us tonight. We play again, I'd still favor us to win.

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
The guys on both sides of the ball will absolutely be KICKING themselves when they watch the film. So much was little bitty things that started adding up and eventually meant a loss. It will be textbook material for CNS in how much he stresses paying attention to the details.

ALSO, for all those fans throwing in the towel, just know the boys in CRIMSON never did! FIGHT ON FIGHT ON FIGHT ON THEN...remember those lines????

cjhadley

1st Team
Jan 1, 2007
Brewton, Alabama, United States
[FONT=&quot]We need: - penn state to lose to Indiana - penn state to beat OSU - Minnesota to lose a conference game - Minnesota to beat OSU in B1G championship - LSU to beat UGA - Utah/Oregon to slip up[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Would also be very helpful if Clemson lost to Wake next week. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]In short, Bama is likely out[/FONT]
If Minnesota wins the Big 10 with 1 loss they are in, in my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PA Tide Fan

All-American
Dec 11, 2014
Lancaster, PA
Too bad we didn't have guys like Dylan Moses and La Bryan Ray for this game. Might have prevented one less score for LSU. I think getting the last TD to make only a 5 point loss keeps us in the playoff discussion. LSU will beat UGA so if we can beat Auburn we can make the claim that we beat the team that beat Oregon which could give us the nod over probable PAC-12 champion Oregon.

RWTT11

Scout Team
Dec 10, 2016
Indian Trail, NC
Softest defense i've seen at Bama in a long, long time. This is year two and I'm not impressed at all. I get we have a handful of true freshman playing but, to many arm tackles, to many whiffs and zero aggressiveness.

Krymsonman

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2009
River Ridge, LA
Too many mistakes.

But reminder: we still ain't dead yet.

I mean, all we need to tell the committee is that we lost a close one to the new #1 and didn't have Kelly Bryant playing.

:)

(If the Kelly Bryant excuse is valid, you can't say Tua isn't; I don't buy that line of reasoning, but the committee does).
Hey Selma,

Your job now is to update us each week on what has happened to give us a chance to get in the playoffs. I will be looking forward to your updates. :smile::smile:

Cruloc

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2019
That first half killed them. Too many mistakes to overcome, but what I saw was a team with fight that kept giving themselves chances to win....had a feeling when it was 33 to 13 it may end up like Clemson....but the kids fought and I'm proud of how they came back and gave themselves a chance.

Likely miss the playoff this year, but it was bound to happen eventually. Ohio State and LSU are superior this year. Clemson I'd say probably is as well, but they will remain untested until the playoff. The fourth team at this point....I'd guess might be Oregon if they win out, Utah if they win out?

Ledsteplin

Hall of Fame
Nov 20, 2013
Florence, Alabama
A fumble and a penalty cost us big time in the first half. It was a valiant comeback in the second half, but not enough to overcome a miserable first half.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
I really appreciate our team's fight but we were incredibly soft in the first half on offense. Sark did not have a good feel for it. The same stuff that we did in the 2nd half on the ground was there in the 1st half. B-Rob was ineffective. As I said in the lead up, Harris seemed to be a mismatch for the LSU defense. He was not on the field enough in the 1st half and there is your game-defining deficit.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.