Penalties.............who is the most penalized?

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
I wasn't at the game and may have missed it, but was there even a flag thrown on the punt return for a TD when the LSU defender tried to twist Waddle's head off his shoulders?
Nope, no flag.
This was the play that really got me. The man's head was twisted all the way around and they still didn't throw a flag. It worked out for us, but my gosh man, throw the flag.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
This was the play that really got me. The man's head was twisted all the way around and they still didn't throw a flag. It worked out for us, but my gosh man, throw the flag.
and it took Gary 2 replays to even mention it. He only mentioned it because it altered Waddle's path.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
Called? Or uncalled? I don't believe they had a single holding call on them all game. Helped them extend several drives.
I didn't think there was one. My friend kept pointing them out. He was more angry than me about them. Especially since the Gary kept gushing over the "great play" by lsu and burrow when there was obvious holding.

jashleyren2

1st Team
Aug 27, 2018
Certainly the “completion” at the 1 yard line that wasn’t was highly questionable. Honestly, the officials missed it. But, it’s more the decisioning of the officials that really bugs me. First, to call the play a completion to begin with, to then have to review and look for the “evidence” to overturn it. From the outset, it would appear to anyone standing that close to the play that it was incomplete, then subject to review. They went the other way, then look for that evidence to reverse it. That shows a bias. The other play I lost my wits about was the punt return for a TD that Waddell had. He was so badly face-masked to begin with, then, no flag, almost as if the official thought or was “betting” that he would return the kick. No flag thrown to be waived off or otherwise. Would they have ever thrown the flag had Waddell not scored? This play in particular went in our favor, true. But had Alabama committed the face mask, I feel confident the flag would have been thrown, and if the LSU player does not return it for a score, the yards added on.

It’s a small thing on a play that went our way, opposed to the catch that wasn’t at the 1 yard line for LSU. But that decision making process by the officials shows their ineptitude at best, or their blatant bias, at worst.

Tider n LA

All-SEC
Dec 7, 2003
Alabama
I guess everyone outside of The Alabama fan base are tired of Alabama winning and not only does Bama have to beat their opponents but they also have to beat the officials. I know LSU mugged AU's defense but I can't believe what the officials are letting them get away with. I have always been one of those rare Bama guys who actually like LSU but I don't think I want them to win it all because what is being given to them.

Cruloc

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2019
Ask them to look at the review of LSU's completion on the one and ask them if they buy that Diggs knocked him out of bounds...
Have buddy that lives in New Orleans, we talked on the phone after...hes a Bama fan that married into an LSU family....so...yeah. Anyway, I could hear them having a good time but they even agreed that catch call was bogus.

That call was incredible and I sat there knowing it was going to be overturned....when it wasnt I had to quietly leave my living room so my kids didnt hear anything I might have said.

Cruloc

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2019
I guess everyone outside of The Alabama fan base are tired of Alabama winning and not only does Bama have to beat their opponents but they also have to beat the officials. I know LSU mugged AU's defense but I can't believe what the officials are letting them get away with. I have always been one of those rare Bama guys who actually like LSU but I don't think I want them to win it all because what is being given to them.
I think the title is going to be Ohio State vs Clemson...just a guess.

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
So did Danielson say “Moss was forced out by Diggs (!??!!) according to the official which meant that he could re-establish back inbounds and make the catch (without illegal touching)? Is that correct?

My question if that was the case, why didn’t the back judge throw a flag for DPI. Clearly if Diggs forced him out, it was during the pass?

This was a case of a review official simply not wanting to over rule a official on the field that clearly blew the call.

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
So this was the SEC office explanation:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thespu...ment-on-controversial-call-in-alabama-lsu/amp

Once again, if Diggs forced him out (which he didn’t) why wasn’t a flag thrown for DPI? t
This is where reviews fail. My understanding is review was used to determine if he re-established inbounds but not to establish whether the receiver was forced out. How can you rule on one without reviewing the other?

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.