News Article: Alabama is #4 in New Coaches' and AP Polls

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
Re: Alabama is #4 in new coaches poll

Why on earth couldn't they just use BCS standings for this darn playoff... Ok I know the answer, but still.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa

and this means nothing at all. the real poll is Tuesday night and even that means nothing Wednesday morning. We need some of the 1 loss teams to lose to even have a chance. Even at that we need them to lose to some unranked teams. We need to be the only 1 loss team and be the only logical choice. Then again I am assuming the committee actually uses logic and reason in their decisions.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

and this means nothing at all. the real poll is Tuesday night and even that means nothing Wednesday morning. We need some of the 1 loss teams to lose to even have a chance. Even at that we need them to lose to some unranked teams. We need to be the only 1 loss team and be the only logical choice. Then again I am assuming the committee actually uses logic and reason in their decisions.
You know, it does really matter to whom you lose, when you're a one-loss team...

BamaDMD

Hall of Fame
Sep 10, 2007
Rainsville Al

You know, it does really matter to whom you lose, when you're a one-loss team...
That and the eye test. Georgia is right behind us. If you compare Dawgs to Us, most would say Georgia looks very pedestrian in their wins. We need to finish strong and hope that Orgegon doesn't start blowing people out by 30 points a game and look like a different team.

rtr90

1st Team
Dec 7, 2018

That and the eye test. Georgia is right behind us. If you compare Dawgs to Us, most would say Georgia looks very pedestrian in their wins. We need to finish strong and hope that Orgegon doesn't start blowing people out by 30 points a game and look like a different team.
why? we want lsu to win and impressively or not doesnt matter

DogPatch

Suspended
Dec 4, 2018
Tuscaloosa

If it comes down to Oregon and us, I don't trust the committee to make the right choice.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000

Everyone who thinks this is like the old days where “just so long as you win it’s okay,” needs to dispense with that idea. We are at the mercy of an unpredictable system where they can justify choices by arbitrary criteria.

The first thing we need is Auburn to beat UGA this weekend.

LSU is not going to lose 2 of the next 3.

Past history so far shows your loss matters more than your wins so we may be okay there. But first we have to win out.....

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

These polls are really good news. While these polls are not the ones that count, they are widely viewed and respected. The committee will not actually weight them in their decision making process, but they will hear about them, and that helps create the perception that Alabama needs - that you ARE the best one loss team in the country.

Roll Tide!

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

I am only going to post this once because it is going to be tough, but I will be pulling for Auburn in their game with Georgia. It helps Alabama for Auburn to have demonstrated that they are a legit top 10 team before you throttle them, because you are going to make them look bad. You need a big win against a team with a good resume. Auburn can't look weak coming into that game.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.