We need to become huge fans of these bad pac12 teams....

RammerJammer15

All-American
Sep 9, 2012
Wasn’t one of the situations mentioned by the committee a while back was taking injuries into consideration? So if we beat the barn convincingly and came within 5 of a top 2 team with an injured QB, then we should go over the Ducks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The committee took Kelly Bryant’s injury into consideration when they lost to Syracuse in 2016, now granted, he didn’t finish the game, Tua did and threw for 418 but still Tua wasn’t 100% so we’ll see what the committee does.

Also, one team we should think about more is Texas A&M, should they finish out the season strong, maybe upset UGA, that should give us two top 25 wins (A&M/Auburn) which is better than zero.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I would like to see Baylor, MN, Utah and Oregon exposed. There are very strong chances for that to happen to all 4. IMO, that clears the way for Alabama. But you have to take care of business.

Just win. The rest will take care of itself.

Ldlane

Hall of Fame
Nov 26, 2002
I would like to see Baylor, MN, Utah and Oregon exposed. There are very strong chances for that to happen to all 4. IMO, that clears the way for Alabama. But you have to take care of business.

Oregon still has that loss to Auburn that doesn't look good.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
The committee took Kelly Bryant’s injury into consideration when they lost to Syracuse in 2016, now granted, he didn’t finish the game, Tua did and threw for 418 but still Tua wasn’t 100% so we’ll see what the committee does.

Also, one team we should think about more is Texas A&M, should they finish out the season strong, maybe upset UGA, that should give us two top 25 wins (A&M/Auburn) which is better than zero.
I would love it if they took out UGA and LSU.....

dWarriors88

All-American
Jan 4, 2009
Tulsa, OK
How many losses do y’all think UGA will pile up!!? AU, aTm, and The SECCG? Come on guys. Realistically, LSU is the only team with a chance.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
How many losses do y’all think UGA will pile up!!? AU, aTm, and The SECCG? Come on guys. Realistically, LSU is the only team with a chance.
Auburn and LSU matchup better against them than everyone on their schedule. And they have looked like crap against everyone on their schedule.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
It would probably be better if Auburn beat UGA and we win out. Clears our path pretty convincingly.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
Just to illustrate why we dont know how the committee is going to view us on selection day

https://www.tidefans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=292749&highlight=peach+bowl
Why did you have to show me that? I read my evaluation and saw how clear a path Alabama actually had and now I'm reminded of why I didn't feel as good about this, heh.
"So basically Wisconsin or Oklahoma need to lose."

Wisconsin lost in their conference championship game actually, and it went down exactly like I called it. ACC, SEC, Oklahoma and Alabama. Now we have a few more games to see things break Alabama's way, but we sure need a lot more than just one game to go our way. If we can make it to conference championship game only needing one team out of two to lose we'll be very fortunate.

Last edited:

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
Just to illustrate why we dont know how the committee is going to view us on selection day

https://www.tidefans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=292749&highlight=peach+bowl

https://www.tidefans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=292756&highlight=peach+bowl

Selma would have to find the 2011 one

We can only guess what it would take. I would say a good indicator of what it would take and if we have a real shot will be where we are ranked on Tuesday. If we are ahead of the Pac 12 and Oklahoma then its really saying Alabama has a shot. To know if Oklahoma even really has a shot at all, look at where they are ranked compared to PSU and Minnesota. I think winning out and having Auburn beat UGA (not necessary at the moment but it surely helps) will most likely give us an edge over Oregon.
Just went through a few pages in the thread from 2017. A lot of the comments look a lot like the comments now. I will just wait until it plays out this time.

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.

It wouldn't hurt our case if we 'Schooled' Auburn in their own stadium.

cubzwin

Suspended
Jan 30, 2018
Players know they need to win out and win convincingly. Rat poison is definitely off the menu for the rest of this season.

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
Players know they need to win out and win convincingly. Rat poison is definitely off the menu for the rest of this season.
I could kind of see the loss to LSU taking the pressure off of the players to "not lose". Now they just have to go out there and play to win. We may be surprised as to how much better they play from now on out.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.