Arkansas fire Chad Morris to the surprise of no one

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
He has been calling many of their plays, and he has been designing the offensive game plan for each game. He is the OC - he just doesn't have the title.
Right which is why I'd think he'd want to leave. Some coaches seem to care about titles.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
Brady has done an excellent job so far, BTF, without Burrow that is a 9-10 win team. So is it the passing game coordinator or the guy on the field running the offense that has been the difference in LSU this year. We will see next year if Brady stays and has an inexperienced QB who will not likely be anywhere near what Burrrow is.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
Brady has done an excellent job so far, BTF, without Burrow that is a 9-10 win team. So is it the passing game coordinator or the guy on the field running the offense that has been the difference in LSU this year. We will see next year if Brady stays and has an inexperienced QB who will not likely be anywhere near what Burrrow is.
I mean, Burrow was there last year and Brady wasn't

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA
I imagine LSU will get a grad transfer QB with smarts and some experience, similar to Burrow. Wonder how Myles Brennan will feel about that.

superbamashane

1st Team
Aug 14, 2006
Sylacauga, AL
If Gus is offered he would be insane not to take it. The barn is gonna can him first chance they get. Period. The buyout is the only reason he’s still there right now. The faction that wants him gone outweighs the one that wants to keep him, and it’s growing everyday. It’s easy to say they have to pay him either way, but you have to think the guy wants to coach. If he gets the boot, his only offers will prolly be G5 schools or P5 bottom dwellers. He could probably lengthen his career by several years with a stint at Arky. I don’t personally know 1 single booger eater that wants him to stay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
If Gus is offered he would be insane not to take it. The barn is gonna can him first chance they get. Period. The buyout is the only reason he’s still there right now. The faction that wants him gone outweighs the one that wants to keep him, and it’s growing everyday. It’s easy to say they have to pay him either way, but you have to think the guy wants to coach. If he gets the boot, his only offers will prolly be G5 schools or P5 bottom dwellers. He could probably lengthen his career by several years with a stint at Arky. I don’t personally know 1 single booger eater that wants him to stay.

I think they will regret the day they get rid of him.

Could they do better? Yes, but will they be patient enough with someone that doesnt speak the Auburn language?

Moro Creek

All-SEC
Jan 21, 2014
Equine country
Other than the fact that he's from Arky, why in the world would the Razorbacks want to hire Gus. I just don't understand that. At best, he could get them to 6 to 7 wins a year. They need to take a chance to get a real coach. He needs to stay at awbarn because yeller feller won't be able to get Bob Stoops and Gus loves awbarn and is part of the fambly.

DogPatch

Suspended
Dec 4, 2018
Tuscaloosa
Haven't seen Bryan Harsin's name thrown out much on this one. I guess most folks feel he's happy where he is, even though he did have a good year at Arkansas St.

TDBama78

All-American
Jul 11, 2007
They should make Jerry Jones the coach I think he probably runs things at Arky anyway. He can coach his grandson.

mlh

All-American
Apr 28, 2004
Does LSU even have a quarterback for next season? I've only seen Burrow behind center.
I've been wondering the same thing. I think this is a case of the system being the key rather than the QB, a la Lincoln Riley at OU. Burrow was a tough, kind of journeyman QB until this year. Also, wasn't Ensminger a very average OC at Auburn a few years ago? Then Joe Brady comes on the scene and Burrow becomes a Heisman favorite and LSU climbs to the top of the rankings.

It will be interesting to see how LSU does next year with a new QB. If Brady is still there, I think they'll do well. If Brady leaves for another job, I think we'll see a major drop off in offensive production. IOW, Coach O needs to convince the powers-that-be to shell out whatever it takes to keep Brady on the staff.

DogPatch

Suspended
Dec 4, 2018
Tuscaloosa
Haven't seen Bryan Harsin's name thrown out much on this one. I guess most folks feel he's happy where he is, even though he did have a good year at Arkansas St.
Just saw that his buyout is in the $8M range. That will keep him out of a lot of rumors right there.

JDCrimson

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2006
Well, Coach O gave Ensminger all the credit for calling a great game against us which I seriously doubt was the case. If I'm Brady after that comment after winning a big game like that I'm on the phone with my agent spreading my name for jobs...

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Honestly, I don't think it would have mattered. In cases like Morris and Arkansas, where you have a coach doing a fundamental overhaul to the system. I think "how you lose" is just as important as winning. In a lot of their losses they looked so bad it actually gave off the perception he had no clue what he was doing. I think that's what got him canned so early.
Pruitt says hi.

Some 15-16 games into Pruitt's HC career he looked like a colossal failure, yet the last few weeks tennessee has looked a lot better - far better effort, better execution, etc.

You'll never convince me that 19 games is enough to know what a HC can or cannot accomplish, especially when he's trying to drag the offense out of the 1800s...

And for the record, I'm no Morris fan - I didn't think it was a good hire as he's never shown the ability to field a defense, regardless of how his offense can look. My point stands - either you stand by the coach for at least three years or you don't hire them in the first place.

Good luck hiring anyone worth a crap, Arky, now that you've shown that you won't give a coach a chance.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
To be fair, Tennessee's schedule is always front loaded so if the staff can keep the team from quitting then there is some room for "improvement" w/r/t record. I don't really buy they've gotten better all that much.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
To be fair, Tennessee's schedule is always front loaded so if the staff can keep the team from quitting then there is some room for "improvement" w/r/t record. I don't really buy they've gotten better all that much.
I agree that their schedule is weird in that it gets easier in November every year, but they started their season with a loss to GA State. They have improved.

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010

If true, Sexton could broker a deal that foregoes the buyout from either side... :cool2:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.