Arkansas fire Chad Morris to the surprise of no one

bamamc1

Hall of Fame
Oct 24, 2011
Haleyville, AL
I remember Coach Bryant saying if you have a 4 year contract you tell the administrators you have a 4 year plan. Those days are gone.

TitleWave

All-American
Dec 3, 2012
Taggart, falling upw...upw-...upwind of the Piggies' sty on FSU's dime until JJ can land a more capable candidate.

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
4 years ought to be enough time to get players playing your system.

Problem...
More than a few of the better players are gone after 3 years...
AND... The portal allows players to leave anytime.
Kind of puts a strain on coaches getting and keeping players.

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.
He had 19 games, not 4 years....
4 years ought to be enough time to get players playing your system.

Problem...
More than a few of the better players are gone after 3 years...
AND... The portal allows players to leave anytime.
Kind of puts a strain on coaches getting and keeping players.

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
True, but getting manhandled by Western Kentucky is not a good look for an SEC team.
From what I could see the problem was not going to be solved by more time...CM was a bad hire and was in over his head. His recruiting was mediocre at best and obviously they could not put any kind of defense on the field even with some good athletes...his offense was indescribable -- changing game by game and even series by series.

I really think Jerry Jones was behind this move...with his grandson there he wanted a chance for him to play on a winning team.

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
LSU’s OC. Close to New Orleans and it’s a good starting place to move up. Arkansas is in the cellar and even a bottom dweller SEC school beats a mid level school elsewhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
He had 19 games, not 4 years....
Honestly, I don't think it would have mattered. In cases like Morris and Arkansas, where you have a coach doing a fundamental overhaul to the system. I think "how you lose" is just as important as winning. In a lot of their losses they looked so bad it actually gave off the perception he had no clue what he was doing. I think that's what got him canned so early.

bigjue24

Suspended
Dec 2, 2009
Okeechobee, FL
LSU’s OC. Close to New Orleans and it’s a good starting place to move up. Arkansas is in the cellar and even a bottom dweller SEC school beats a mid level school elsewhere.

I read where Brady and LSU were in contract extension talks, but I think he would be a good young hire for them. It would be a splash hire that would attract alot of attention. Also it would hurt LSU so I'm all for it.

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
I read where Brady and LSU were in contract extension talks, but I think he would be a good young hire for them. It would be a splash hire that would attract alot of attention. Also it would hurt LSU so I'm all for it.
Either way he goes he should strike while he’s the hot guy.

WPS

BamaNation Citizen
Aug 14, 2015
Saban was asked about the Arkansas job today. Pretty fair assessment IMO.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al

Is Brady ready though? First year in OC and then all of suddenly, He get a HC job with Arkansas? Too soon for him. But I can see him taking NFL job.

Tide&True

All-American
Sep 24, 2004
Murfreesboro, TN
Coach O is going to have to deal with losing coaches just like CNS has. I know Coach O is the darling right now but just let him have to deal with losing a great QB and a coach or two.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
Brady isn't even the OC is he? He's the passing game coordinator and WR coach. To me that means hes gone. but idk much about him personally. Maybe not as HC but at least as an OC somewhere

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Brady isn't even the OC is he? He's the passing game coordinator and WR coach. To me that means hes gone. but idk much about him personally. Maybe not as HC but at least as an OC somewhere
He has been calling many of their plays, and he has been designing the offensive game plan for each game. He is the OC - he just doesn't have the title.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.