I think some of us need to back up and think...

bamagradinATL

All-American
Sep 12, 2006
McKinney, TX
Bama is 31-1 at home! Think about that record. Every program would be over the moon with that type of success. In spite of the injuries and unprecedented coaching turnover, CKS still has Bama in the hunt. I think most Georgia fans would give a whole lot to experience the type of success you guys have had for the better part of a decade. Be thankful for what you have, because it's a whole lot better than most.
CKS????

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
I am Bama proud -- from my office to my attire.....

But, I don't rub it in. Never have.....my Dad taught me that a long time ago. Be gracious in public -- be respectful. For 8 years, I've not ever once rubbed it in -- pounded my chest....etc.

But, I'm about to scream if one more person texts me something about the game....

Take your win -- and go be happy.....but why shove it down my throat -- when I make a point to never do that.

Frustrating.....and about fed up with it....
Here ya go cat daddy
VVVVV

Bamabuzzard: As I told several of my LSU co-workers today who showed up 45 minutes early to work so they could be waiting at my office door. A lot (not all but a lot) of LSU fans are like Earnest T Bass in the Andy Griffith episode where Andy tries to get Earnest T "cultured". Takes him to a formal social, preps him on all the social rules etc. only to have Earnest T act a fool because he's not used to being at things like that. It ticks them off to hear that but it's true. When someone reacts the way a lot of the LSU fans have reacted (like they won national title Saturday and the parade is Tuesday). It's proof positive they're simply not used to being at the top of the mountain. You can also look at their success since 2007 and their overall program success (3 NC's in entire program history) to prove that notion.

Congrats to LSU and their fans. They beat Alabama for the first time in 8 years. I highly doubt we're going to go that long before our next win against them...

bamacpa

All-American
Jul 19, 2006
Earle, I saw a Tweet earlier this year that the top rated defensive recruit from Bama's last 5 classes are not contributing in any way to our team this year. I'll see if I can locate it.
Yes, and some are still on the roster. Some are gone. That plus the injuries has made it hard to cope on defense...

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
Earle, I saw a Tweet earlier this year that the top rated defensive recruit from Bama's last 5 classes are not contributing in any way to our team this year. I'll see if I can locate it.
I thought Saban was supposed to be a master evaluator of talent. If so, how on earth could this be true?

Tide&True

All-American
Sep 24, 2004
Murfreesboro, TN
I'm not going to blame anyone or make excuses. LSU is the better team right now. We made mistakes and they didn't. If we are going to be a champion when we win...we need to be a bigger champion and admit we lost.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
I'm disappointed and frustrated, but I hope nothing I said ended up coming off as bashing anyone. I haven't called for anyone to be benched, I hadn't called for anyone to be fired and I know from my perspective the root of my frustration isn't that I expected more and the team did less relative to what they've had to overcome.

That's not it at all. I actually think the team forgot what they had to overcome somewhat. That's my real frustration. If you protect an injured Tua a little more, he's not put in a few bad positions in the first half that lead to turnovers. If you protect the defense a little more (by controlling the clock a little better) you keep LSU off the field for a couple first half scores. That's where I'm unhappy, I think more could have been done to protect areas weakened by injury. That doesn't mean I love the choices everyone has made, but pretty much everyone had to do something just to get to the point that they had a shot at all.

I'm impressed overall by just how good a lot of these guys have been and the job a lot of these guys have done. It's just a shame that they might lose their shot at a championship.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
How many times have you see an Alabama QB fumbling the ball without being hit or even touched and a punter Not catching a snap or getting the kick off in a season, in a game, or in the same HALF of a game?

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
How many times have you see an Alabama QB fumbling the ball without being hit or even touched and a punter Not catching a snap or getting the kick off in a season, in a game, or in the same HALF of a game?
When our kicking game is involved I was not surprised. I feel like the voodoo dolls against our kickers are being used weekly. The only kicker that has been immune to the hex was JK Scott and I even think he was effected by it sometimes.

uafanataum

All-American
Oct 18, 2014
I'm shattered that we can't go out to Freshman 5 star patch and pull out someone that is able to read offenses and win championships!

We live in the Golden Age of Bama Football.....After Coach Bryant I remember Perkins, Curry, Dubose, Franchione, Price, and Shula. Enjoy and put this into perspective! It could be worse, we could be Arkansas.

Just because Coach O says his team his part of a "New Day" doesn't mean a thing. I think he has only beaten Saban once and that was Saturday.
This reminds me of a scene in the movie Torah Torah Torah . While everyone else in Japan was celebrating as they had destroyed Pearl Harbor, one Japanese officer is a buzzkill. He says something about them not really defeating America but instead awaking a sleeping giant. I remember the first few years Saban was at Bama LSU won some and lost some. Then in 2011 that ended. LSU went on a serious losing streak to Bama because saban adjusted. I imagine that Orgeron has awakened the sleeping giant. Here is to him ending up just like Les Miles.

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
My observation is as you would expect...
Auburn fans celebrate an Alabama loss, regardless of who beats us.
I try to treat every win in a mater of fact way.
I don't bring it up.

Last observation...
Alabama wins so much it's big news to folks when we lose.
Think back to the Shula era...
I went into every game hoping we could pull out a win,
or keep the final score respectable...
These days we are expected to win em all.
Problem is that sometimes we lose a game. (It really hurts)

Last edited:

bamacpa

All-American
Jul 19, 2006
Going back to 2015, the top rated defensive player in those 5 classes is not contributing on the field this year. Three transfers ( Alfano, Anoma, Kendall Sheffield ), one injury ( Moses ) and one player on the roster but not playing ( Davis ). I'm not complaining, just pointing an odd set of circumstances.

Leeroy

All-SEC
Dec 27, 2005
This reminds me of a scene in the movie Torah Torah Torah . While everyone else in Japan was celebrating as they had destroyed Pearl Harbor, one Japanese officer is a buzzkill. He says something about them not really defeating America but instead awaking a sleeping giant. I remember the first few years Saban was at Bama LSU won some and lost some. Then in 2011 that ended. LSU went on a serious losing streak to Bama because saban adjusted. I imagine that Orgeron has awakened the sleeping giant. Here is to him ending up just like Les Miles.
I’m not going to wade in with opinions on this game, the team, or the staff. But, I have to quote this post, lol. Its Tora, tora, tora my friend. And, it’s ironic that tora means tiger.

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
Going back to 2015, the top rated defensive player in those 5 classes is not contributing on the field this year. Three transfers ( Alfano, Anoma, Kendall Sheffield ), one injury ( Moses ) and one player on the roster but not playing ( Davis ). I'm not complaining, just pointing an odd set of circumstances.
Put this in blue please. Need to look up the number of 5 star players Bama gets drafted compared to the other schools. It’s profound.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mlh

All-American
Apr 28, 2004
I wonder how good LSU will be next year. Burrow will be gone. I have no idea who their QB will be next year. I've never seen anyone but Burrow play this year. I suspect Joe Brady might be gone also. Without Burrow and Brady, can Ensminger run the offense? I have my doubts. So, LSU fans need to enjoy this year. I don't think they'll be nearly as good next year.

Cruloc

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2019
Indeed, its not just injuries and draft departures. Its, I guess you could say, missed evaluations? We got the LB recruits, but then 5 star Alfano leaves, 5 star Davis has just never cracked the lineup, 5 star Anoma leaves. I know every team has transfers, but this is a lot of star power for one position....and that position is our weakest link. If those guys stay, play and reach even part of their potential, our LB's are a strength, a big one.

Cruloc

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2019
I wonder how good LSU will be next year. Burrow will be gone. I have no idea who their QB will be next year. I've never seen anyone but Burrow play this year. I suspect Joe Brady might be gone also. Without Burrow and Brady, can Ensminger run the offense? I have my doubts. So, LSU fans need to enjoy this year. I don't think they'll be nearly as good next year.
That's why I've been slightly amused at their reactions. They beat Bama for the 1st time since 2011....they are having a great season....what happens next year if Bama goes into Baton Rouge and makes it 9 of the last 10. Enjoy it guys. Dynasty ain't dead yet.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.