What is the status of Tua's ankle?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
Tua will play against WC so he wont be rusty vs au like he was in the first half vs lsu.
I'd agree with that being important. If he sits against Miss. St I get it. Save him from taking hits (though I have to interject that Alabama could have done that earlier by just not over using him, heh). But he needs to play some against Western Carolina and then get a full week of practice to be ready for Auburn. Good thing is no matter what, after that he'll get plenty of recovery time.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Yeah, ideally we find a way to win with The Mac Attack against MSU and Tua gets a full week of practice in WCU week.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
FYI, MSU is always aggressive defensively but their back seven doesn't tackle as well in space as 2017-2018. The stuff we did v. Arkansas where Mac gets the ball into the hands of a playmaker then make a play is probably a valid strategy for MSU too.

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
I saw that practice video everyone else has...Tua has no business being on the field, he had a very noticeable limp. Rest him, let him get well as best he can....let Mac take on MSU, WCU....then see how Tua is the week of Auburn.

Then the playoff committee also then sees that Tua came back for LSU, did well, then sat til Auburn. They are supposed to take into account injuries, so there ya go committee.
You know a Tennessee fan I know had the audacity to tell me that Coach Saban shouldn't have played Tua at all against LSU. I just had to ask why his coach would even play the QB a week after a concussion. Then that QB received another concussion vs. Alabama. If the medical staff clears them I would assume they are good to go.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
You know a Tennessee fan I know had the audacity to tell me that Coach Saban shouldn't have played Tua at all against LSU. I just had to ask why his coach would even play the QB a week after a concussion. Then that QB received another concussion vs. Alabama. If the medical staff clears them I would assume they are good to go.
I couldn't believe it when they said he'd had a concussion the week before. I didn't think you ever got cleared in just one week...

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
It's easy to second guess things now, but for most of the half I think Alabama did a decent job of handling Tua. Balanced attack, and then when it seemed like an obvious situation to take him out, it all fell apart. Now the only question is just if that's the end of his Alabama career and what this means for his future.

I think a lot of people will put this all on Saban, and ultimately the responsibility falls on him. When making that choice, Tua's characteristics had to come into play. If Tua doesn't try to extend that play and just throws it away, he is fine. He didn't though, and we all saw what happened. Alabama just can't let another situation like this happen, no matter how good the QB is. You do what you have to do to protect your quarterback, even from himself...

Cruloc

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2019
I hate it for Tua, his parents, Coach...just really hope it's not super severe and ends his football career.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.