Moses and McMillon Eligibility

• Bama Gymnastics @ NCAA Championship Semi-finals (ESPN2 | TONIGHT - 4/18 @ 8pm CT). We will have a game thread going in the Women's Sports board. Come join us!

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Think he's the kind of player this rule was made for. Hope he can get it.
It is made for the player who misses two seasons to injury. Josh sat his first two seasons at Alabama, but I don't remember either being due to injury.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
It is made for the player who misses two seasons to injury. Josh sat his first two seasons at Alabama, but I don't remember either being due to injury.
I don't either, but I don't think it would matter. If he was eligible this year and was lost to injury, he could play another year with a med. RS.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I don't either, but I don't think it would matter. If he was eligible this year and was lost to injury, he could play another year with a med. RS.
I hope that you are correct if that is the path that he chooses, but that is not why they created the 6th year waiver process. They created it for players who lose more than one year of play due to injury. If a player loses 2 years to injury, the waiver is pretty much always approved.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
I hope that you are correct if that is the path that he chooses, but that is not why they created the 6th year waiver process. They created it for players who lose more than one year of play due to injury. If a player loses 2 years to injury, the waiver is pretty much always approved.
I may be mistaken. My wife will verify this happens often.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Sorry, but unless he gets a 1st round grade, this is just flat wrong.
How Big? Most Mock Draft has him going 1st round... So with injury he had... He might as well take it... but at same time... Saban see the defense not getting better, and he could use an experienced player... and give Harris or Lee one year of learning without stress... Who knows... I still think he's gone, but you never know.

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
The first I heard about the 6th year waiver was Vernon Wilkerson who played for Coach Bryant and then was in a car wreck so he was granted the waiver. Selma can verify my memory about it, but they seemed to point it out because he was the last of Coach Bryant coached players left on maybe Curry's team.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
How Big? Most Mock Draft has him going 1st round... So with injury he had... He might as well take it... but at same time... Saban see the defense not getting better, and he could use an experienced player... and give Harris or Lee one year of learning without stress... Who knows... I still think he's gone, but you never know.
I am not saying that he will not get a 1st round grade - I really have no idea how he would stack up against all of the ILBs who actually played and improved this year. I am just saying that it is not a slam dunk as it seemed to be when he was a Butkus finalist at the end of last season. Without playing after the injury, will an NFL team risk a 1st round pick on him? I would not want my teams doing it. In fact, I wouldn't want my teams taking him before the 3rd round.

JohnD

1st Team
Dec 22, 2003
Right. And I was taking this rule into account. Josh may have been injured in his second season, and it was just not reported. That happens sometimes. But I don't think that was the case. Either way, I don't expect him to be back.

Regarding Moses, it depends on how well NFL prognosticators wanting to weaken Alabama's roster get in his ear. Last year, Moses played like a really good athlete with all the physical tools, but not 1st round caliber in actual linebacker production. Reminded me of Rashan Evan, Reuben Foster, or Reggie Ragland as Juniors. Just not quite there yet. He needs to show more on the field, like showing he can be the alpha and call the defense to be drafted that high. Just my opinion. All that being said, with his rehab seemingly going as well as it is, he will probably go pro.

Last edited:

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.
While I totally agree B1G, that kid in Dallas is playing pretty well. (LB From ND that got hurt and drafted)
I am not saying that he will not get a 1st round grade - I really have no idea how he would stack up against all of the ILBs who actually played and improved this year. I am just saying that it is not a slam dunk as it seemed to be when he was a Butkus finalist at the end of last season. Without playing after the injury, will an NFL team risk a 1st round pick on him? I would not want my teams doing it. In fact, I wouldn't want my teams taking him before the 3rd round.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I would think second round, depending on how he does in the combine. If he's held his speed and agility and can demonstrate it, then maybe low first round. I appreciate your pointing out the difference in even low first round and the subsequent rounds. Not many people realize that...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.