Bama Game Thread: Bama vs Florida Atlantic game thread ...

BamaHoosier

All-American
Jan 17, 2011
Noblesville Indiana
Good win tonight. Great to see them continuing the things they did well in game 1, but pulling away early for a comfortable win. Not exactly a good quality win, but you need to beat the tier 3 teams soundly, and that’s what we did.

Roll Tide!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

imauafan

All-American
Mar 3, 2004
Huntsville, AL
Watching the game last night I had the thought several times that once Herb comes back then Petty has to go to the bench. He just isn't playing very well right now. Shackelford is coming on and seems to be able to hit the 3 more consistently than Petty so I have to believe that he is going to remain in the starting lineup over Petty. Herb may or may not have his offensive issues worked out but he is valuable for his defense and he has shown he can run the point when he needs to.

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
I could not find a stream so didn’t see the game. Did we finish at the basket better?
They did ... you can see what he's trying to accomplish. We did go into another scoring drought 2nd half, partly because of fatigue and some of the newer guys in. As long as they stick to his system of spacing and ball movement they score the ball well.

We need one of the youngsters to help pick up the ball handling slack though to help spell Beetle and Lewis. Herb will help a lot ... but right now, he's the only one we can consistently count on. Petty is still having woes with ball control while driving to the basket ... hopefully this is something he will get better at as the season progresses.

Last edited:

OakMtn4Bama

All-American
Jan 10, 2007
Trussville
Petty is still having woes with ball control while driving to the basket ... hopefully this is something he will get better at as the season progresses.
Yep. He charges inside full blast and freaks out when three people cover him up. If he can control the turnovers, he will help us.

ReturnToGlory

All-American
Nov 22, 2006
Blakely, Georgia
Coach Sanderson had me lol-ing a lot tonight. Loved the story about Derrick McKey.

We looked much better on offense. I really enjoyed guys cutting to the basketball without the ball and getting fed. Javian Davis gives me hope that we can actually have someone to finish at the rim.

Looking forward to Friday night.

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
The offensive system definitely works, the thing that will separate these guys from a good team to being a great team is to commit to sticking to the system for the full game. If they can consistently do that on both sides of the ball, this team will see some good success.

GoodTalkRuss

Suspended
Mar 9, 2019
Yep. He charges inside full blast and freaks out when three people cover him up. If he can control the turnovers, he will help us.
And the thing is, I would rather just live and die with Petty just being a streaky spot up wing shooter who just is looking for open space on the floor. Somewhere along the line Petty decided he needed to become multi-faceted. It probably had something to do with fans complaining about his inconsistency as a shooter and he decided he wanted to refine his game. The truth of the matter is that all Petty ever really was or will be is a guy who can heat up from the perimeter. He's a streaky shooter who can get red hot and in this offense we don't need him to be a dribble drive guy and with his erratic handles it's never made sense anyway. This team has enough guys that can handle the ball. We sorely lack the guy who just runs the perimeter and softens up defenses by always requiring a man cover.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.