ChrisD: Alabama 78, Florida Atlantic 59: Thinned-out Tide still too much for overwhelmed Owls

JessN

Administrator & Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Alabama 78, Florida Atlantic 59: Thinned-out Tide still too much for overwhelmed Owls
by Chris DePew
TideFans Staff
November 11th, 2019 11:59 PM

A pair of freshmen combined for 36 points as Alabama roared past Florida Atlantic for a 78-59 home victory. What did we learn today?: Even with injuries and foul trouble whittling Bama’s rotation down to a bare minimum, the outlines of a coherent team started coming into focus. Kira Lewis is the unquestioned leader, confident […]

Read More Here...

BamaNation

Publisher and Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Apr 9, 1999
Silicon Slopes
TideFans.com
I'm not appreciating these games being on SECN+ or ESPN+ etc. I think this is a big mistake - viewer wise - from the old JeffPilot games. Think about all the people who will never figure out how to get SECN+ who won't get to see the games. Sure, the $$$ is bigger on SECN+ but you're not going to build the fanbase.

imauafan

All-American
Mar 3, 2004
Huntsville, AL
I was glad to see Davis step up and do well. He is going to need to continue to play well for us and it is critical that he stay out of foul trouble which hindered him in the first game. I said this in another thread that based on what I've seen in 2 games Petty appears to be playing his way to being a backup with Jones and Shackelford starting over him. It is a bit puzzling that Hawkins didn't make it into the game until after at least 2 or 3 walk-ons had gotten into the game. I was hoping he would be further along than he is. Perhaps CNO is sending him a message?

Rama Jama

All-American
Jan 4, 2011
Tuscaloosa
We are still down to really 7 players. I was happy to see Davis play as well as he did. We need him desperately to fill the void in the middle. It is still going to be tough to get thru the season with no real backup at PG. Kira is having to play almost all of every game. The way we play is so frenetic that I am afraid it will lead to more injuries. "Maximum effort" is more than an empty slogan for Coach Oats and I love it. I saw us mail in games last year and I don't think you will see that this year.

ReturnToGlory

All-American
Nov 22, 2006
Blakely, Georgia
I'm not appreciating these games being on SECN+ or ESPN+ etc. I think this is a big mistake - viewer wise - from the old JeffPilot games. Think about all the people who will never figure out how to get SECN+ who won't get to see the games. Sure, the $$$ is bigger on SECN+ but you're not going to build the fanbase.
Before the days of the SEC Network, these games would have been radio only. Very few Bama non-conference games were on TV several years ago. So I am glad SECN+ has it.

JeffwallaceUA

BamaNation Citizen
Mar 22, 2019
Before the days of the SEC Network, these games would have been radio only. Very few Bama non-conference games were on TV several years ago. So I am glad SECN+ has it.
Same here. It's basically the only reason to pay for cable. Almost every game is available. Its freaking awesome.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.