JessN

Administrator & Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
SEC Preview and Predictions: Week 12
by Jess Nicholas
TideFans Editor-In-Chief
November 12th, 2019 03:32 AM

Last Week’s Record: 4-3 (57.1%)Season Record: 68-21 (76.4%) The Predictions Dept. missed on three games last week and two of the losing coaching in those games are either now out of a job or headed that way fast. Arkansas’ inexplicable blowout loss against Western Kentucky cost Chad Morris his position, almost immediately following the […]

Read More Here

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
All your picks look spot on. I have Auburn upsetting the Dawgs, but after reading your analysis I am beginning to think my upset prediction is nothing but wishful thinking.

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
All your picks look spot on. I have Auburn upsetting the Dawgs, but after reading your analysis I am beginning to think my upset prediction is nothing but wishful thinking.
Looks like the Odds Makers are favoring the Dogs by 3 points.
That's not a lot of confidence.
OR
Is it a 3 pt. margin to stir up betting???

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Looks like the Odds Makers are favoring the Dogs by 3 points.
That's not a lot of confidence.
OR
Is it a 3 pt. margin to stir up betting???
It is all about betting. They do not set the line based on their score projection. They do set the O/U based on a score prediction and adjust based on betting (if necessary)

BamaDMD

Hall of Fame
Sep 10, 2007
Rainsville Al
Same here Gray. I'm hoping that Bo has a great game and Fromm is off that day like he gets from time to time. Maybe that DL from Auburn can rattle him.

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
Saban alluded to as much in his post game presser's. What exactly are they doing that has essentially given them the "cheat code" to offense?
Same formations and running totally different routes out of the same ones. It’s like RPO/Pro-style attack on steroids, PCP, and crack. Don’t get me wrong, Bama is a beast too. It goes from needing man coverage to zone and back and back again to the point where you see half the defenders going zone while others went man. That’s why you saw the wide open WRs. LSU had the same problem several times too but Tua didn’t see it in time. Jeudy had at least 2 and DS and Ruggs had 1 bust where they could have moonwalked into the end zone. Najee had another. It’s just offenses in general and the blocking rules that just give them a massive advantage over defenses. Ratings seem to indicate viewers like scoring much more than defense even if we purists miss the slugfests.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.