CFP Ranking = #5...

Ldlane

Hall of Fame
Nov 26, 2002
On the Upside....I'll be happy to finish out the year in a Top Bowl game and one loss.

Relayer

Hall of Fame
Mar 25, 2001
Yes but how to root for awbarn ? Dont know if i can summon up enough to do it but i see what youre saying... kirby loosing is a great thing...
Anymore I'm about as happy to see UGA lose as I am to see the barn lose

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Well there's a lotta football left to play yet but HTH does anyone justify that loss to South Cackalacky over a 5 point loss to #1 with a peg legged QB?
The Alabama fatigue is very real.

There IS NO SUCH THING as "Bama fatigue" where it concerns the playoff committee.

It's a figment of your imagination; it does NOT exist.

The Loch Ness Monster.
An honest politician.
The Bermuda Triangle.
Unicorns.
Bama fatigue by the CFP.

These. Do. Not. Exist.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Yes but how to root for awbarn ? Dont know if i can summon up enough to do it but i see what youre saying... kirby loosing is a great thing...
Alabama fans are NOT Auburn fans.

AUDub is a notable exception, but.........

Auburn fans (in general) would rather stay home for the bowl season if it meant rooting for Alabama;

Alabama fans say, "OK, who needs to win? Auburn. Fine. I hope Auburn beats Team X."

No WDE.
No Go Tigers.
No "It's great to hang an Auburn Tiger."

Just a decision to play the long game.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
There IS NO SUCH THING as "Bama fatigue" where it concerns the playoff committee.

The Loch Ness Monster.
An honest politician.
The Bermuda Triangle.
Unicorns.
Bama fatigue by the CFP.

These. Do. Not. Exist.
I’ve given up trying to explain it. It’s like everyone forgets that 2017 and 2011 happened

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
Re: CFP = #5...

The only two scenarios that I fear would definitely leave us out are:

1) PSU wins out and both tOSU and Minnesota finish with one loss

2) UGA wins out.

Other than that they are going to have to justify our win on the road vs Auburn vs a neutral site game vs a PAC 12 team with a bad schedule.
If Ga Beats Auburn, and LSU wins out...
As the representative of the SEC West, LSU will play the representative of the East Georgia.
One would fall, maybe we get in, or get overlooked for a flavor of the week 1 loss team.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
If Ga Beats Auburn, and LSU wins out...
As the representative of the SEC West, LSU will play the representative of the East Georgia.
One would fall, maybe we get in, or get overlooked for a flavor of the week 1 loss team.
That’s why UGA can’t win out. Two 1 loss SEC teams with superior schedules than Alabama. Either UGA or LSU have to have 2 losses at a minimum for us to have a shot unless hell breaks loose in the Big 10, and PAC 12.

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
The last time we were #5 we won the title. #5 works for me. The articles are hilarious too. Bama needs chaos to even have a chance... Dude, we need like two things to happen. Win out and I think things will shake out in a Crimson fashion. That said, be ready to play LSU in Rd. 1!!! Tell me ESPN wouldn’t be soiling themselves for that one?

LSU vs. Oregon
LSU vs. Minnesota
LSU vs. Utah
LSU vs. Baylor

Yeah I know...ratings don’t matter cough [emoji40] cough [emoji40]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
That’s why UGA can’t win out. Two 1 loss SEC teams with superior schedules than Alabama. Either UGA or LSU have to have 2 losses at a minimum for us to have a shot unless hell breaks loose in the Big 10, and PAC 12.
my biggest concern is that lsu has peaked and ogre can't keep up the intensity

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa

The Loch Ness Monster.
An honest politician.
The Bermuda Triangle.
Unicorns.
Bama fatigue by the CFP.

These. Do. Not. Exist.
And that’s because despite all these ranking shows that show total contradictions throughout their criteria they go back to their original charter and pick the 4 best teams in the last show!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
It will be interesting to see how they “recover” from their win over us.

Also, the Georgia ranking makes little sense. Florida is a good win. Notre Dame is an average team this year and they nearly flittered that game away at home. The loss to South Carolina is unforgivable though. Still, they will get dealt with one way or another. If somehow they win out and we have both LSU and Georgia sitting there at 12-1, then it is what it is.

The media reaction is laughable, though.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
I’ve given up trying to explain it. It’s like everyone forgets that 2017 and 2011 happened
To be fair - we native Alabamians (born in my case) DO have a streak of oversensitivity and SOMETIMES it's justified.
We still - sadly - bear the burdens of the 1960s.

I think what happens is that sentiment becomes dominant in folks's thinking, and they're accustomed to being victims so they adopt victimhood as their magnifying glass on any and all analysis unfriendly to what they think.

Don't forget 2015, either - we were WELL THOUGHT of even after the Ole Miss debacle once the rankings came out.

Bama fatigue DOES exist among CFB FANS - that part is true.

But there's no such animal from the pundits, most who realize that we are the 90s Nebraska or 00s Oklahoma - we get the benefit of the doubt even when we lose.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
92, bud, you and I are agreeing on so many things so often lately, I may just have to go buy a Bulldogs hat so I can feel in opposition to you again.

:)

Cruloc

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2019
To be fair - we native Alabamians (born in my case) DO have a streak of oversensitivity and SOMETIMES it's justified.
We still - sadly - bear the burdens of the 1960s.

I think what happens is that sentiment becomes dominant in folks's thinking, and they're accustomed to being victims so they adopt victimhood as their magnifying glass on any and all analysis unfriendly to what they think.

Don't forget 2015, either - we were WELL THOUGHT of even after the Ole Miss debacle once the rankings came out.

Bama fatigue DOES exist among CFB FANS - that part is true.

But there's no such animal from the pundits, most who realize that we are the 90s Nebraska or 00s Oklahoma - we get the benefit of the doubt even when we lose.
After that Ole Miss loss in 2015...when they looked absolutely horrible...but I'd argue not quite as horrible as the end of this Saturdays first half....but the game after we were underdogs...the dynasty was dead...it was over.

Can this young group rally like that team did? That is the question.

VernonTider

Scout Team
Nov 9, 2019
I'm the new knucklehead here, but here's the thing.
They call them "upsets" for a reason -- but there's no way in H-E-DOUBLE-HOCKEY STICKS I believe LSU will lose at Ole Miss, to Arkansas or at home to A&M, unless Joe Burrow (or Burrows, like Cowherd keeps calling him), Delpit and half the starters are legit out. It's not happening.
Georgia may very well beat Auburn -- I cannot buy into the Gus Malzahn High School Special offense. They will need a fantastic, phenomenal effort to beat UGA, even in the "magical place" that is JHS.
So, this is what I'm counting on.

1.) LSU winning out. I hate it, but it's a Frankenstein monster we helped create. We beat them last Saturday, we don't have these problems and they're not there. It's our monster, our mess, and I'd like for us to have a chance to clean it up.
2.) Ohio State winning out. I think this is pretty likely, too, although I think it's the least likely of the top three.
3.) Clemson winning out. Sulligent High School would give Clemson a bigger test than what they're going to get from the remainder of their schedule. I love Dabo trying to play up Wake Forest this week. I guess he has been looking at WF -- he hasn't had to game plan for anyone else.

If those three things happen, that means Georgia is gone (because LSU would have beaten them), and the top three are set. IF WE TAKE CARE OF OUR BUSINESS, I still say our win over Auburn (lol, that we don't have yet) would top Oregon's potential Pac-12 title. I still think it's possible Oregon and Utah could both lose before then, but not likely.

One more thing: two good things happened for us tonight: A.) Oregon isn't in front of us. They're at 6. Someone on that committee, maybe everybody, gave us the benefit of the doubt. And B) Both OU and Baylor dropped. That means that in all likelihood, after the loser-leave-town SEC title game, we're fourth and the Big 12 champ is not jumping us.

Sorry about the length.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Not sure why anyone would think that Clemson winning out helps Alabama. Their only good win is over aTm. If they were to lose to any team, they are out.

Guys/Gals - It isn't going to happen, but we want Clemson to lose. If they lose, two spots in the top four open up and Alabama controls its own destiny again.

VernonTider

Scout Team
Nov 9, 2019
Not sure why anyone would think that Clemson winning out helps Alabama. Their only good win is over aTm. If they were to lose to any team, they are out.

Guys/Gals - It isn't going to happen, but we want Clemson to lose. If they lose, two spots in the top four open up and Alabama controls its own destiny again.
I would LOVE for Clemson to lose. I'm just not sure it's realistic with what they have left. I see where Wake is at their place Saturday, and then after an open date, they close with the Padawan (Muschamp) in Columbia. Who do they get in the ACC title game? Does anyone know?

I guess I'm saying I'd love for them to lose, but I hope our hopes aren't pinned on that.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I would LOVE for Clemson to lose. I'm just not sure it's realistic with what they have left. I see where Wake is at their place Saturday, and then after an open date, they close with the Padawan (Muschamp) in Columbia. Who do they get in the ACC title game? Does anyone know?

I guess I'm saying I'd love for them to lose, but I hope our hopes aren't pinned on that.
Virginia

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA

This is why I wanted North Carolina to beat them so bad. I was in the stands at our Ole Miss game, watching the espn app for the last few minutes of the Clemson vs NC game just hoping Clemson would lose. Oh well. They will not lose a game. I just don't see it. They have put up more style points the past few games too. I do think they will lose to whomever they play in the semi finals, but I could be wrong.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.