CFP Ranking = #5...

Jack Bourbon

Hall of Fame
Aug 3, 2001
Miami FL
If by some miracle Clemson loses, it will take Alabama's chances from unlikely to likely.

The main issue right now is there's about 7 teams all gunning for one spot. Some will lose, some will play each other. If you double the available slots, then that changes everything.
Of course WF top receivers will miss game Saturday. Including leading rcvr in ACC...

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
Of course WF top receivers will miss game Saturday. Including leading rcvr in ACC...
There's been a lot of luck in play here. Clemson wins because North Carolina goes for a two point conversion and fails. Oklahoma wins because of a failed two point conversion as well. Oregon beat Washington St. because of a last second field goal after getting the ball with a minute to go. We need a little luck to go the other way.

theballguy

Hall of Fame
Nov 5, 2012
Roll Tide Roll, Colorado USA
UGA ahead...
I still don't see how Georgia is ranked above us even when comparing schedules and the eye tests.

That being said, I think #5 is perfect for us. Every single season since 2007, teams who were supposed to be at the end (according to the 10th week rankings) fell short before it was over. We are in a perfect position to capitalize should Oregon or Oklahoma lose another. We might even be ok if they don't but I would bet someone who is ranked higher or set to "jump" us and is not supposed to lose will in fact lose. Probably 50% of them. Now, we do need to win out -- and the bigger the better -- to have a shot but I think we're sitting in tall cotton -- all things considered.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
I still don't see how Georgia is ranked above us even when comparing schedules and the eye tests.
It's the committee's inconsistent way of evaluating losses that lead to Georgia being ranked higher. You take a hard look and you realize that losing to South Carolina vs. Alabama's loss to LSU was about ten times worse. If you say ok both lost, let's look at other things you find a way to move Georgia ahead.

Last edited:

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
Re: CFP = #5...

UGAs wins vs. Notre Dame and Florida are good wins... But it's weird they're getting a pass for losing to South Carolina who stinks. Imagine if we lost to the Gamecocks! We'd be toast.
Remember the Ohio St. loss a couple of years ago? That was a bad loss and they had it held against them the WHOLE year by the committee and they should have. My point is that loss was BAAAAADDDDD! and at home!

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008

I hate to be a pessimist but I don't think we get in this year unless we win out and several of the teams in the mix lose games. There is so much bias against us. Then Bama will go to the Sugar Bowl and a bunch of players won't play because of the draft. I really hope I'm wrong.
Again...Bama has been in EVERY playoff there has been. We cannot complain about bias. I'd say they've been pretty good to us and if Bama wins out they'll be in.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

Well, Mullens has explained. Despite UGA's horrible loss and our near loss to LSU, UGA's quality wins over UF and Notre Dame put them ahead. IOW, it's SOS...

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa

I think it's a lot simpler.

If we beat Auburn, we're probably in.

If we lose to Auburn (or anybody else on the schedule), we don't deserve to be in.

If we beat Auburn and still don't get in, it's our own fault for not showing up in the first half against LSU.

Today is much ado about nothing. It will all shake itself out in good time.

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008

That being said, I think #5 is perfect for us. Every single season since 2007, teams who were supposed to be at the end (according to the 10th week rankings) fell short before it was over. We are in a perfect position to capitalize should Oregon or Oklahoma lose another. We might even be ok if they don't but I would bet someone who is ranked higher or set to "jump" us and is not supposed to lose will in fact lose. Probably 50% of them. Now, we do need to win out -- and the bigger the better -- to have a shot but I think we're sitting in tall cotton -- all things considered.
EXACTLY!

Oklahoma is screwed.

PAC-12? They basically said that there is very little they can do to improve their standing. Neither has a "good" win and their 1 signature win will come at the expense of the other. When they play they know they won't "look" like Bama either.

I think Minnesota will throw up on themselves within the next 2 weeks. IOW the row boat will take on water before tOSU skulldrags them in the B1G Championship Game.

UGA in my mind is the biggest wild card threat. I think they'll give LSU a much tougher game than some are predicting. If they beat AU and then LSU our spot will disappear. And if that did happens I wouldn't be that ticked other than despising Kirby and UGA :biggrin2:

BTW- I will have ZERO problems rooting like HELL for AU this weekend!!!!

MOAN

All-American
Aug 30, 2010
Swearengin, Alabama, United States

Well, Mullens has explained. Despite UGA's horrible loss and our near loss to LSU, UGA's quality wins over UF and Notre Dame put them ahead. IOW, it's SOS...
Per this web site's strength of schedule rankings, LSU has the #1 SOS, Auburn #2, BAMA #9, Georgia #16. What am I missing here?

https://www.teamrankings.com/college-football/ranking/schedule-strength-by-other

Isaiah 63:1

All-American
Dec 8, 2005
Probably at 35k or in an airport somewhere

I had Bama #5 but putting UGA there is a joke!!! They have the worst loss of all those teams By FAR. At least put Minnesota there who is both undefeated and has a good win.
UGa has two wins versus top 16 teams, both of whom were top 7 when UGa played them. I can only imagine that’s what the committee is seeing...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al

One thing I'm considering and I know It is not likely, but is it possible that LSU could try and lose in a "close" game knowing that they will not drop out of Top 4 and it'll keep Alabama out?

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
I consider it good news. If the other teams with one loss that we are worried might jump us were viewed as better than us right now, they would be ranked ahead of us right now.

As Selma said, the conference championship is a "tie breaker" only if the committee thinks the teams under consideration are equal. Putting us at 5 means they don't consider us equal.

Again, good news. We might think we should be 4 put LSU will take care of that for us in ATL.

All we can do is win out and look good doing it. I think that will probably be enough as long as LSU doesn't get upset by Georgia.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Yes but how to root for awbarn ? Dont know if i can summon up enough to do it but i see what youre saying... kirby loosing is a great thing...
ANYTHING that helps Bama I root for.

Does your love for Bama not outweigh your hatred of Auburn? No offense, but if not, you're no different than the barners we make fun of.

NC is the goal. Whatever helps Bama is my goal.

Ldlane

Hall of Fame
Nov 26, 2002
ANYTHING that helps Bama I root for.

Does your love for Bama not outweigh your hatred of Auburn? No offense, but if not, you're no different than the barners we make fun of.

NC is the goal. Whatever helps Bama is my goal.
My cheer for the weekend .....

I Hope UGA Loses!!!!

I will not say the WE words! API, maybe!

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.