Georgia vs Auburn (Dawgs and Tigers and Elephants, Oh My!!!)

Tider n LA

All-SEC
Dec 7, 2003
Alabama
I'm not worried about the Big12. OU has a worse loss than we do and they were punished again really for narrowly escaping another loss. They will probably split their games with Baylor 1-1 anyway.

If a 10-1 Alabama HAMMERS a Top 5-10 AU team at 9-2 that will be a great final statement and one that also helps the Pac-12 situation if Oregon is a 12-1 Champ with their loss being to that same AU team. Even if it's Utah at 12-1 that means their only good win was against Oregon and their loss would be to a 4 Loss (at least) USCw team.

Once UGA goes down, Alabama will be the best 1-Loss team. It's already set up for us to move to #4 and no other 1-Loss team will have a 'better loss'.... by only 5 Points to the Unanimous #1 Team.

We are sitting in a pretty good spot all things considered.

Yes we have to win our games 1st and foremost and do it convincingly but if/when that happens we have better than a 50/50 shot at getting in.... it's probably 70/30 or better when you factor in the 'Eye Test' and what the ratings would be with a field of:

1) LSU
2)tOSU
3) Clemson
4) Alabama

An LSU/Bama rematch would do BIGTIME TV ratings just like this past weeks game.

LSU vs Utah or even Oregon.... not so much.
If they are going to put Bama in over someone else because of ratings, its a sad world. No doubt Bama is one of the best teams in the country even with their suspect defense but sooner or later they are going to get left out because they don't win their CC and if it happens this year, don't be surprised. Bama was fortunate 2 years ago because the other conference champs had 2 losses. The Pac12 and Big12 could end up with 1 loss champs or even an undefeated one with Baylor(doubtful) and the committee will have a tough decision to make.

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
https://www.al.com/alabamafootball/...l-playoff-committee-has-a-sense-of-humor.html

I honestly can’t believe anyone on here would pull for Auburn.

As far as a prediction goes. Auburn is coming off a bye week, auburn has home field advantage. Georgia is a little banged up from the Missouri game

It will be a low scoring defensive game and turnovers will be a huge deciding factor. I would be surprised to see Auburn ahead at half with Georgia coming back in a close one.

We will see

awbern will be stealing your signals and will pretty much shut down your offense... :cool2:

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
Do you Love Alabama more than you dislike/hate AU?? I DO!!!

If I 100% knew all that.... I'd wear an AU shirt and hat with Life-Sized Tiger Plush in the room and a Pet Bird named 'Aurea Nova Borealis' flying around while I rolled every plant in the house with Toilet paper singing the lyrics to 'War Eagle'.
Can you please upload that video...? :biggrin2:

Last edited:

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA
I'm usually wrong, but I think Auburn beats Georgia this time around.

I hope you are right! I just don't see UGA losing to Texas AM, and I do see them possibly beating LSU, depending on LSU's injury situation and mentality. The crowds will be 85% UGA there. LSU is on a mission, so I expect them to win out, but who knows. It's college football.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
I just don't see UGA losing to Texas AM
It seems very unlikely, but if A&M ran the table it could do a lot for Alabama's hopes. Not only would the A&M win become a quality win, but it's one of the few scenarios in which LSU losing wouldn't necessarily hurt Alabama.

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
1. If Auburn beats Ga, they're top 10
2. If Ga beats Auburn, Auburn is bottom 25

Assuming we win the next 3 games, we are MUCH better shape making the playoffs under scenario 1. We should all be pulling for the barn at this point. It will shut up all the Bama detractors asking 'who has Alabama beat?' :biga:

Rama Jama

All-American
Jan 4, 2011
Tuscaloosa
Auburn has enough defense to cause UGA problems. They can't give Georgia extra possessions with turnovers and must generate a run game. If the boogs can do that, they have a genuine shot at beating the Bulldogs.

If we beat Auburn bad and UGA wins, it is a toss up who gets in unless tOSU or Clemson loses which is unlikely. Even if Auburn beats UGA, I think there is the sentiment among the committee to vote in Oregon since a pac 12 team hasn't been in the playoffs in a while. No matter the scenario, it isn't likely we make it without a lot of help.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.